Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,664 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Engel is coming out with them too....

http://www.engelcoolers.com/new/30oz-vacuum-insulated-tumbler
Post removed:
by user
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
Just announced a tumbler on facebook.

Must be trolling us now.

I've said it before and will say it again. If yeti can't successfully sue these guys they have the worst lawyers ever.

Maybe Yeti should hire Texas Law Hawk
sunchaser
AG
Get your RTIC orders in quick....they can't be far behind.....

Papa_Blaze
AG
What if they made a vacuum insulated stainless steel cooler? My guess would be very pricey and not that durable. But ultra light
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Anyone seen the Orion coolers they are selling at Cavenders? Saw them for the first time last night. Looked very well built...even more rugged than an RTIC or Yeti. Had seadek on top which I thought was cool. Would make for an even better casting deck. They're *****house high though.
KALALL
AG
Mine came in and I put it right to use at the Auburn game. I filled it up with ice Saturday morning and still had most of it when I unloaded the ice chest on Tuesday night.
MrJonMan
AG
Just got my email saying my second cooler will ship within 2 weeks

Edit: it's a 20qt white. Already have a 45qt white
Sean98
AG
After my Kuiu experience the last 2 days I assume they own and developed RTIC. Same business model. Promise awesome gear, better than a beloved brand name at a fraction of the price. Deliver 10 units of said product to the public so people know it exists. ...then overpromise and under deliver for the next few years until people hate you and call you names on the Internet.

Today marks my third, and possibly final, attempt to give Kuiu money. Supporting a poorly managed business seems dumb to me. I sort of understand when it is a start up but KUIU isn't a start up anymore.
aggieforester05
AG
Just got the same email for my white 20 after having my shipping date moved to 1/5/2015. Much better news than the song and dance I just got from the coolest cooler guy.
PFG
AG
The KUIU problems have kept happening for years. It's awful. They don't get my money. Sorry. Thier gear isn't worth the headache.
Sean98
AG
Yep. That is my experience too and that of a couple of friends. The gear is nice but the possible 6month to a year wait for a pair of pants is ridiculous. I also just saw that Core4Elements pants come in inseams as long as 37 inches, so it should fit me much better as well.
mts6175
AG
I have Core4Element gear. It's great. Keep a lookout for it on Camofire, they have sales all the time on it.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
I have Core4Element gear. It's great. Keep a lookout for it on Camofire, they have sales all the time on it.

Had a jacket on sale today. May still be there.
mts6175
AG
Yep, still is
hurricanejake02
AG
quote:
Pro-tip: before you buy any C4E gear, call Camofire to see if they have your size. They'll sell any inventory they have, even if it's not posted.
Sean98
AG
True, but they don't have nearly as much as they used to. When Core4 went retail a couple of years ago they camofire deals slowed way down. Camofire has a retail side, called BlackOvis, that gets the new stuff. Camofire only closes out items that are at least 2 years old if I remember right. Not that it isn't good, but it's not the newer versions. The jacket that was up last night (which is a good jacket) was the 2013 version.
hurricanejake02
AG
The hoodie they have up today is the 2013 version as well. Nice shirt, but the inside of the hood is white, which makes no damn sense. They fixed that in a later model.
Sean98
AG
The bigger issue is in some of their earlier pants models they were true inches, and not normal pants size. So if you wore a 34" waist in jeans and bought their pants it was no where close to fitting. They fixed that sizing issue when they rolled out to retail as well.
Post removed:
by user
txagfisher
AG
Just got an email that my tan 20 has shipped!
Vernada
AG
On their website now it says the tan 45 is back ordered and estimated delivery is April 8.
Vernada
AG
Actually April 8 is the estimated available date for all size/color combos.
mts6175
AG
My order still says January.
Vernada
AG
quote:
My order still says January.

The website is the estimate for orders placed today.
sunchaser
AG
Have you already paid for the coolers you are waiting on or do they bill you upon shipment?
Dr. Faustus
AG
Just got my shipping confirmation today for a tan 65 qt.
Post removed:
by user
sanitariex
AG
So has anyone actually gotten theirs yet and tested it?
bam02
AG
Several have gotten them. I got my white 65 about a month ago. I paid mid-August like many on here. I just got lucky apparently. I'd be pretty irritated by now if I was still waiting. The coolers are great for the price, though.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
When did you pay?
water turkey
Got shipping confirmation today for a little tan one.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Several have gotten them. I got my white 65 about a month ago. I paid mid-August like many on here. I just got lucky apparently. I'd be pretty irritated by now if I was still waiting. The coolers are great for the price, though.

This

I received my white 45. Should have my white 20 in another week
wadd96
AG
I get the whole "crowd source funding" thing...I really do... but this is getting a bit stupid. There isn't anything on this planet, save maybe a really, and I mean REALLY, nice car that I'd pay for 6 months to a year in advance of receiving.

Heck, I had a custom built 1911 made for me 5 years ago. I paid a deposit, and had the gun in 2 months. That's about the limit. (Same with custom boots.) But notice the theme... CUSTOM. Made to me, and for me only. This is a production run. I just can't see it.

I can see the benefit from a business side, but from a consumer POV, I don't like this new business model.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Aug 18

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.