Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,699 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
MrJonMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
There's a lot going on in that picture.

I cropped it too, so be thankful you don't see all the junk on the walls
CactusThomas
AG
Wasn't trying to be rude. Looked like some cool toys; that's all.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Wasn't trying to be rude. Looked like some cool toys; that's all.

No worries, I was responding/editing jokingly
aggielostinETX
AG
They posted this thread
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Now that we are famous, I feel like RTIC owes us a maroon edition. I would literally buy another one.
Post removed:
by user
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
How many coolers do you think this thread is responsible for selling

Has to be quite a few for sure
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Now that we are famous, I feel like RTIC owes us a maroon edition. I would literally buy another one.

Funny you mention this. I stopped by their warehouse on Thursday, since it's not far from my house. Oddly enough, it was the same day I got my first cooler.....anxious for my 20qt to arrive.

Chatted with both owners John & Jim, and just as last time, they were an open book of information. You could really tell how hard they're trying to get the coolers out to people and how overwhelming the demand has been. Hell, the "show room" has now become mostly office space as they continue to grow.

Anyways, they said they are currently investing in trying to produce the coolers state side, with their own equipment. Not only to help speed up the process and help with them being able to oversee it, but also, it would give them the ability to use any color resin they wanted. Essentially they could offer custom ordered colors.

Would be pretty cool for sure.....they're just hoping the logistics will work out.

They also mentioned, part of the delay in production for the launch was because they're made outside of China but shipped through China. So it has to clear customs there, then make the long journey on a ship to the states, then clear customs again.
Psych
AG
so how do they Work?
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
so how do they Work?

The cooler? Hasn't been used yet, taking it to a buddies house tonight for the game
Sean98
AG
Well damnit, go pour some hot water in it and tell us how long it takes for it to violate the rules of nature and create it's own ice!

Sorely considering buying one of these for my Christmas present.
montanagriz
S
I'm waiting for them to come out with colors then making the leap
Law361
AG
I don't care about colors, I just want to know if the damn thing holds ice!
MrJonMan
AG
Loaded it up in the golf cart yesterday and headed over to a buddies house in the neighborhood, he owns 5 Yeti's.

He said he really liked it and thought it was very well made in comparison & of course hard to argue on the price.

24hrs later, still plenty of ice!

texags08
AG
quote:
Loaded it up in the golf cart yesterday and headed over to a buddies house in the neighborhood, he owns 5 Yeti's.

He said he really liked it and thought it was very well made in comparison & of course hard to argue on the price.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/mrjonman/77B42B51-5C5D-4575-BAD1-E565D8F27110.jpg

Where did you get those crazy shaped Lite bottles, do you live in OK?
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/mrjonman/77B42B51-5C5D-4575-BAD1-E565D8F27110.jpg

Where did you get those crazy shaped Lite bottles, do you live in OK?

No, got them at HEB
htxag09
AG
Yeti must have the worst lawyers in the world if they lost/are losing that lawsuit....
Rocco S
quote:

What's more over kill, that golf cart for getting around the neighborhood, or putting a wannabe yeti in the back of it to haul beer to a neighbors house to watch a football game? Maybe try walking and a $8 bag cooler.
texags08
AG
Jealousy is a stinky cologne...
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

What's more over kill, that golf cart for getting around the neighborhood, or putting a wannabe yeti in the back of it to haul beer to a neighbors house to watch a football game? Maybe try walking and a $8 bag cooler.

Yea didn't really feel like a mile walk carrying beer and dove plus all the fixings.
CactusThomas
AG
That golf cart looks awesome.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
That golf cart looks awesome.

Thanks, picked it up for a crazy good price, it had been sitting for over a year in a garage, all stock. I made a few minor changes
TruAg04
AG
I paid for my cooler on August 29th. I emailed RTIC and asked them the status of the cooler and they said it should be arriving around 11/16. So I guess the waiting game continues. I only noticed that people are getting white ones. Has anyone gotten the tan ones yet.
texags08
AG
Paid mine 8/19. When did everyone who has received a cooler pay for theirs?

45 Tan
aggielostinETX
AG
about then
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I paid for my cooler on August 29th. I emailed RTIC and asked them the status of the cooler and they said it should be arriving around 11/16. So I guess the waiting game continues. I only noticed that people are getting white ones. Has anyone gotten the tan ones yet.
I would assume separate runs at the manufacturer, so they are probably coming on a different container than the white ones.
MrJonMan
AG
Yea first reservation was August & 2nd was September, betting I've got awhile on that
Post removed:
by user
BrazosDog02
AG
So....how long until I can buy a Yeti for the same price? If never, then when is the going out of business sale?
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Made my reservation July 20 and paid August 19. Hope to get it soon. Still no email confirming shipment yet.
agfan2013
AG
Was checking out their Facebook page and noticed two things:

1) they just posted a video of a 10 day ice challenge with their cooler vs a yeti in which the RTIC beats the yeti (popcorn ready)

2) their wall has several links to this thread. Texags is big time now I guess. Haha
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Was checking out their Facebook page and noticed two things:

1) they just posted a video of a 10 day ice challenge with their cooler vs a yeti in which the RTIC beats the yeti (popcorn ready)

2) their wall has several links to this thread. Texags is big time now I guess. Haha

It should beat it, it's true to size, so it holds more ice when full, but yea, popcorn ready!
Watchful Ag
AG
Hopefully this doesn't come across rude, but do you work for RTIC or have some type of stake in it?

I noticed your photo above was posted by RTIC on their facebook page the same day, but without giving you credit. I have yet to see photos from any other Ags on this thread and was curious how you received yours before anybody else.

Again ... just trying to figure out why the only photo I've seen on this thread looks like it's the same person who posted on RTIC's facebook page. RTIC's facebook page
Naveronski
AG
So after reading 8 pages:

They take forever to produce, but are as good as a Yeti, and half the cost?
HumbleAg04
AG
quote:
So after reading 8 pages:

They take forever to produce, but are as good as a Yeti, and half the cost?

You forgot getting sued by Yeti.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.