Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,718 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you the one posting on there all the time?

These guys have definitely dropped the ball a number of times with the wait list, offering colored coolers initially, etc.
aggielostinETX
AG
i have never posted on their page but i went and looked after you posted and they are responding to almost every question, it looks, as recently as last night. along with updated shipping info and feature questions about things like wheels?
GinMan
AG
I haven't had any issues with correspondence through their email address.
aggielostinETX
AG

quote:

Production Update September 17, 2015
To Our Customers:
Wow It's been an amazing pre-launch which has exceeded all expectations. I can only describe it as a rocket ship. We really want to thank everyone for their support and let you know how much we appreciate your patience.
We are on target to start shipping the coolers in late September. We will be shipping the coolers in the order we received the reservations / pre-orders. We expect to have all the pre-orders shipped by November 30th. We then expect to have enough coolers in stock to offer immediate shipment beginning in early December. The pricing will be the same and we will have free 2-day shipping at that time.
If you're in the Houston area, we invite everyone to come by and see them and meet us at our Houston fulfillment center located at 20220 Hempstead Road, Suite 22, Houston Texas 77065 between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 1-855-527-6993, via email at help@rticcoolers.com or via our Live Chat.
Thanks again for your support and patience.
Sincerely,
John Jacobsen, Founder
RTIC Coolers

from FB...
TXAGFAN
AG
Weren't they supposed to start deliveries in early August to the first wave of pre-orders?
aggielostinETX
AG
Order emails say Oct and Nov...

What do you have against these folks?
TXAGFAN
AG
I'm just a skeptic I guess. Order volume above expectations doesn't explain zero coolers shipping. Delays in later orders? Sure. But not zero coolers going out the door.
aggielostinETX
AG
you ever order an item custom made in bulk from china?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Hell even here in the states. Promise dates just get thrown out the window
aggielostinETX
AG
I mean, it take 8-12 weeks to produce and another 4-6 weeks to get here by boat...

I am sure they tested the waters before creating the order. The ones they have are probably pre-prod samples.
Until they miss a date after having my money, I am good.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
you ever order an item custom made in bulk from china?
No.

But I also learned in any line of work over promising is often a fatal error. I don't have to order thousands of coolers from China to know that.
aggielostinETX
AG

quote:

RTIC COOLER RESERVATION CONFIRMATION

Thank you for reserving your RTIC cooler.

Your phone number will serve as your confirmation number.

We anticipate having the RTIC coolers in stock in late August 2015. An RTIC representative will contact you when the product is available.

For more information, please visit our website at www.rticcoolers.com and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rticcoolers

All reservations will be filled on a first come basis and are subject to availability.

Thanks for you interest in RTIC Coolers.

RTIC COOLERS
Anticipating is not promising...
mts6175
AG
It wouldn't matter if they shipped two months late once they get the product in and on store shelves if it's quality. The blowback from the initial orders will be a moot point.

I'm not worried if mine shows up late, I'm more concerned it ends up being a piece of junk.
Aggietaco
AG
Once they decided that there would be no benefit to pre-ordering except to receive your cooler sooner, I decided to sit and wait to see the final product. Still interested in picking up the 65qt if everything turns out fine and dandy.
BrazosDog02
AG
So...I read that Yeti are made in the USA. And now Im reading or assuming these are manufactured in China.

For me, this answers the only question I had....which was "Why are these so cheap"? I am pretty satisfied that it is the same quality, performance, etc as a yeti.

I learned this with my Yeti vs. Hydro Flask experiment. Its designed in the US and made overseas. Its cheaper. Better made. Holds ice longer (also due to design) and did I mention its cheaper than the yeti? So, I expect about the same from this RTIC if thats why its so cheap.
htxag09
AG
quote:
I learned this with my Yeti vs. Hydro Flask experiment. Its designed in the US and made overseas. Its cheaper. Better made. Holds ice longer (also due to design) and did I mention its cheaper than the yeti?

I'm very confused by this????

Are you saying hydro flask is better because it's designed in the U.S. and made in China?

First, this may be the first time I've heard Chinese made is of better quality than us.

Second, yeti is designed in the U.S. And made in China. Or at least the rambler is, says so on the bottom.....
agfan2013
AG
Yeti coolers are America and the Philippines, but it does say on their website if you specifically want an American made one to call them and they will make it happen. I'm just spitballing here and could be totally wrong, but I'd bet a majority are made in the Philippines (like 75% or more) and they just make a few in the US to be able to advertise it as so.

But to get back on topic of this thread, count me in the wait and see crowd. If these RTICs come out and perform just as well as the other premium coolers, then I'll probably be buying one. Id like the 65 size one and while $200 is still pretty steep, I won't hate myself as much as if I spent $400 like the yeti costs.
Sean98
AG
So... no one has any of these things yet, is that what I'm getting from the thread (without reading all 7 pages...).

I'm heading to the desert in December to hunt quail for 7 days and it's one of the few occasions where a quality cooler might actually be worth it. But I'm still not paying $400 for a yeti sticker.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
quote:
I learned this with my Yeti vs. Hydro Flask experiment. Its designed in the US and made overseas. Its cheaper. Better made. Holds ice longer (also due to design) and did I mention its cheaper than the yeti?

I'm very confused by this????

Are you saying hydro flask is better because it's designed in the U.S. and made in China?

First, this may be the first time I've heard Chinese made is of better quality than us.

Second, yeti is designed in the U.S. And made in China. Or at least the rambler is, says so on the bottom.....

No, Your last comment contradicts my point. I thought the Yeti coolers were US made.

So, I assumed the Yeti Rambler was US made. As such, I have a product that is cheaper, and works better than the yeti, and I attributed its cheaper cost to being manufactured in China. If Ramblers are also made in China, then I don't know. Maybe their markup is just higher.
Texmid
AG
The bottom of my Yeti Rambler says, "Designed in Austin, Tx Made is China."
Player To Be Named Later
AG
According to their Facebook page, it looks like the first shipment is going out.
HvilleAggie
AG
quote:
The bottom of my Yeti Rambler says, "Designed in Austin, Tx Made is China."
Mine too. Still works like a BOSS
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
According to their Facebook page, it looks like the first shipment is going out.

Just saw that as well, hoping mine shows up as part of that
Bert315
AG
Ya they just posted a video showing the coolers ready to ship and stated they were shipping starting Sept 30th. Will be interested to see if they are as good. Possibly picking one up if so

Knucklesammich
Coolers are no different than anything else.

Something new and differentiated comes out. First manufacturers come to market and charge what they want and what the market will bear.

Second maker comes out slightly cheaper, then third and fourth...product becomes a commodity and is manufactured by an ODM in China. Rinse and Repeat

TV's
LCD/LED TV's
Computers
Tablets
Phones
Hell even guitar pedals (check out the stuff from Tone City)

You get much cheaper gear that gives close to the same functionality at a fraction of the price and the trade off is that doesn't hold up quite as well but its so much cheaper you can't help yourself.

BrazosDog02
AG
I just dont see anything on that cooler that can be considered 'cheaper' such that it won't hold up as long as something twice the price?
Dr. Faustus
AG
Reserved mine back in July. Hoping I get a shipping confirmation email soon.
AG
I just got the first 12 I ordered.

/mfbarnes
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
I just dont see anything on that cooler that can be considered 'cheaper' such that it won't hold up as long as something twice the price?

Well, it doesn't say "YETI".....
Tim Taylor
Maybe when they include stickers and hats indicative of massive markup then the quality will shift to match mark up
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I just got the email today that other received. Can't wait to get the confirmation email when it ships.
texags08
AG
quote:
I just got the email today that other received. Can't wait to get the confirmation email when it ships.
Same here. Got a little excited thinking it was my ship info.
MrJonMan
AG
I received 1 of mine today! I placed 2 separate orders about a month apart so that's why only 1 is here. It's been a long, crappy crappy day so I haven't done anything with it but drop it in the garage.....will give it a better testing this weekend.

However, initial inspection it seems that they made some adjustments from when I visited their showroom (latches & seal ) and it's legit! Anxious for my 20qt to come in.

Here is it though, my white, 45qt!

EDITED: so Cactus and Texagfan can't see anything else in my garage

CactusThomas
AG
There's a lot going on in that picture.
TXAGFAN
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.