Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,634 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't like the looks of those latch catches on that Kodi cooler - looks like they would break off pretty easily.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just got off the phone with my yeti rep and hes been getting the fb stuff too. Wont comment on specific suits but they are going after 15 lawsuits right now. Couldn't name rtic specifically though he implied it. We'll see if these actually hit market or for how long.
I doubt your rep really knows much, but he talks a big game.

I usually can tell when this is the case. This one i think he does know. Main payent that gets infringed upon, according to him, is their latch system. May have been blowing smoke but when i looked into things, that seems to be what they defend the most.

See my post above. I could only find one patent for Yeti, the latch.
RK
AG
Those Kodi's have a vacuum release value? I've never had much of an issue opening my cooler. though I have never descended into an abyssal plain with one.
hurricanejake02
AG
My dad and brother both have one of the original design Brute (now Bison) coolers. Let's just say they looked enough like a Yeti to not question why there was a major design change and why the local rep was real anxious about selling any of the old design that he had laying around the garage.

I have a feeling many of these companies do just enough to change the design that the conversations start with a cease and desist letter instead of a subpoena, and then release the new design once their name has at least been established. Maybe this is on purpose, maybe it's a legit attempt to capitalize on an untapped market.

Either way, I still carry the Coleman Marine X-Treme coolers that I've had for years.
Texmid
AG

quote:
How long will your coolers hold ice?

Our coolers can hold ice up to 10 days. Of course that doesn't mean you can leave your cooler out in the Sierra Dessert in 120 degree temperatures and open it every 30 minutes.

I hope they are better at making coolers than they are at spelling and geography. Did they mean the Sahara Desert?
AgEng06
AgLA06
AG
Technically, a part of the Mojave desert is the Sierra desert.
JYDog90
AG
And the dessert is the last thing you eat in the desert when all hope is lost.
WC87
AG
I saw a Kodi cooler at HEB the other day in BCS. Not a bad looking cooler. As RK said unless you regularly travel to an Abyssal Plain or occasionally take the space shuttle to work the pressure button might be a bit much. Just unscrew the plug (that's what she said).
SanAntoneAg
AG
Actually, HEB has had this line for at least a year. Maybe two or three.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I've had the Kodi 125 since it came out last year. They didn't have the mold for the medium size cooler at the time I got mine. It's been a great cooler so far. Holds a couple quartered deer with ease. Ready to get an elk in there.
Aggie_3
quote:
I've had the Kodi 125 since it came out last year. They didn't have the mold for the medium size cooler at the time I got mine. It's been a great cooler so far. Holds a couple quartered deer with ease. Ready to get an elk in there.

But can it hold ice for 10 days in the Sierra dessert?
water turkey
I think a saw a movie with Sierra Dessert in it.
Aggie_3
quote:
was she flexible?
BrazosDog02
AG
What kind of dessert are we eating?
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
quote:
was she flexible?

Didn't realize a desert could have that many hills and valleys before I saw her latest work.
slickwillie97
There was a post that said that Yeti's were mostly built stateside and that is incorrect. Their chests almost are entirely made in the Philippines. Their stainless products as well as soft side are made in China with the zipper being sourced from Germany. Here's to the Ag that said they were getting sued
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txwdce/1:2015cv00597/762663
MrJonMan
AG
Hmm....they just announced their new head quarters over the weekend too, 5min from my house in Cypress (Houston).
ccard257
AG
quote:
There was a post that said that Yeti's were mostly built stateside and that is incorrect. Their chests almost are entirely made in the Philippines.

Bro, we owned that **** till like 1945. Close enough [/Yeti
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
JC Penny's failed attempt to knock off Polo shirts with their Knights of the Round Table.

They did this in the '80s with (then) Izod (now Lacoste) shirts with a fox rather than an Alligator.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Here's my buddy's new Yeti. Beer from his was just as cold as the beer from the Yeti bag cooler sitting right next to it.

Cancelled
AG
I think we are all missing the most important questions:

1. Do they make hats?
2. Do they come with stickers I can put on my car?

For full disclosure: I own two yeti items - a cooler and a koozie.
jgw02
AG
Anyone gotten an RTIC yet?
mpj_55
The email I got from them said they would be available late August
MexiaAg86
AG
Watchlisted
texags08
AG
quote:
The email I got from them said they would be available late August

Same here. Waiting.
reload85
Any news on the RTIC coolers beside the initial email? Thanks in advance,
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
I would be in that market share...i dont buy Yetis because they hold ice longer...I buy them because they will last longer. Its a cooler I can use for a very long time. I was talking to a marine the other day and he said that in Iraq he watched a Yeti get hit by a IED and the Yeti sustained no damage. By the way I just reserved one of the RTICs.

Cough bull**** cough
Col. Steve Austin
AG
What's the cost of an HEB Kodi cooler vs Yeti of the same size?
DriftwoodAg
AG
Walmart had pelican coolers marked down to $199, from $299
GinMan
gibberish
AG
quote:
Here's my buddy's new Yeti. Beer from his was just as cold as the beer from the Yeti bag cooler sitting right next to it.

The reason the beer from the faux Yeti was just as cold was due to the polar vortex created by the Yeti Hopper sitting next to it.
GinMan
AG
Just reserved a pink 20 for my bride. I will slap a Yeti sticker over the logo and she'll never know the difference.
RustyBV
AG
Why don't they make a yeti or rtic with wheels?
ranchag04
AG
May or may not be accurate....I don't know.... he had no reason to lie...he wasnt trying to sell me one and I am not trying to sell them. My point was they are very durable. I dont think they hold ice that much longer if any longer but you dont have to go hunting for replacement hinges etc a year after you buy them and thats why i own them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.