Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

408,883 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my buddy was camping just south of Dallas this weekend with his family (in an RV). He left his RTIC 45 in the back of his truck and when he woke up the melted ice/water in his cooler was frozen into a solid block. I know it's the common Yeti joke, but now it's true for RTIC!

But in reality, he was pissed as he couldn't drink his morning screwdriver. And I'm really shocked it happened, figured the insulation would be enough to keep the inside of a cooler from freezing solid when it was 25* outside.
RK
AG
seems like that probably shouldn't happen at that temp.
aggielostinETX
AG
The ice you put in the cooler is colder than 32. So with negative heat loss, it's not that surprising.

Also, wind chill was in the 0-10 range. That **** was cold.
pasquale
AG
Brad06ag said:

Just saw on Facebook, RTIC is having a parking lot sale today in Houston. Looks like all hard and soft side coolers in stock according to the post. Also, they said they have new cup colors that aren't online yet, 15% off drinkware.

They still had the sidewalk sale going on today and all week thru Thursday
Chickenhawk
Wife got me the 30oz, I think it was 19 bucks.

CharlieBrown17
AG
Dad enjoyed his RTIC 20 along with a 12 pack and some ice that had been in there since Friday
Shilo
AG
Got a tan 65 and a soft side 30 this morning.
Bregxit
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

Wife got me the 30oz, I think it was 19 bucks.

Just got the exact same one from my dad!
Superdave1993
AG
Wife surprised me with tan 65 for Christmas!
Lonestar06
Just got a 40 qt soft side. Can't wait to try it out.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I got 2 lowballs and a 64oz bottle, got the wife a pink 20, my pops got a camo 30oz and planning to use some Christmas money to get a soft sided 20!

Merry RTIC Christmas
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I bought Rtic cups at buces when they were 9.99 each and I put some lure in the cups that I've been using lately. The rib also had a friend put a vinyl decal on the cups with the recipients first initial

So I had less than $20 in the gift and every body was happy
Ag 11
AG
Between the wife, parents, wife's parents & sister, I'm all set up. Apparently I'm easy to shop for, and no duplicates so I don't have to worry about returns.

AgBass01
AG
I got cash from pops for Christmas and am going to jump on the RTIC sale that is still going. Should I go with the 45 or the 65? Will be used for weekend trips to the lease, vacations with the family.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
AgBass01 said:

I got cash from pops for Christmas and am going to jump on the RTIC sale that is still going. Should I go with the 45 or the 65? Will be used for weekend trips to the lease, vacations with the family.

Probably 45. I have a 65 and it's great for storage and hunting but it's too damn big for normal stuff. I also have 20 that's too small for some things. Go with the 45
AgBass01
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

AgBass01 said:

Probably 45. I have a 65 and it's great for storage and hunting but it's too damn big for normal stuff. I also have 20 that's too small for some things. Go with the 45
Thanks for the info.
suburban cowboy
AG
Got a 30 softpak in camo for Christmas
Bert315
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

AgBass01 said:

Agreed. Bought a 65qt a few months back and now want to pickup a 45 for short weekends. 65qt is pretty bulky.
StoloAg2010
AG
I'm trying to decide between the soft 30 or 40 in camo. I was sold on the 30 till I saw em side by side and 30 seemed a lot smaller. I thought it was a 20 till I looked at the tag.
JeffAggie2012

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.