Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,695 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I guess I will wait as I am in no hurry. I don't have hunting meat or fish or anything important to put in one.
OilFieldIRI
S
I was getting the pickup washed at one of the wash tub places in San Antonio and noticed they have RTIC Tumblers for sale for $35.
Lady at the desk told me they quit selling Yeti because they took too long to receive.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
I was getting the pickup washed at one of the wash tub places in San Antonio and noticed they have RTIC Tumblers for sale for $35.
Lady at the desk told me they quit selling Yeti because they took too long to receive.
Theyre selling them at Buc-ee's also.
DimeBox17
AG
They are $19.99 at Buccees
OilFieldIRI
S
quote:

I'll be sure to let them know...lol

$35, what a joke
Vernada
AG
quote:

Was just at New Braunfels Buccees and they had both Yeti and RTIC tumblers.
bmc13
AG
temple only had yeti yesterday
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I bought an rtic 30oz a few days ago. For the price point they are probably gonna really hurt the tervis tumbler folks. I filled it full of ice cubes this morning and around 12:00 I hadn't had any meltage
CrossBowAg99
AG
Luling bucees only had yeti that I saw today
Vernada
AG
quote:
Luling bucees only had yeti that I saw today

I was in and out quick yesterday but didn't notice any RTIC. I did see yeti.
cz308
Just ordered 2 tumblers from their website. Anything over $35 is free shipping, although you have to pay tax. Not bad considering I didn't have to go anywhere to pick one up. I hope it holds ice equal to or better than the Yeti's.
Post removed:
by user
khkman22
AG
Just picked a tumbler up at Bucee's in Madisonville this morning. They had a lot of Yetis out as well.
AustinCountyAg
Just drank a Dr. Thunder.... It tasted just like Dr. Pepper
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Buces in Wharton is out, but they have plenty $40 yetis
AgEng08
AG
quote:
It's literally the exact same thing.
It LOOKS like the exact same thing... but they are hand wash only, while the Yeti tumblers are dishwasher safe.

Of course, that info is on the inside of the label and not mentioned in the comparison on their website.
bmc13
AG
everything ive ever heard/seen is that the yeti is hand wash only too, and I have a yeti tumbler
Post removed:
by user
Psych
AG
quote:
my wife handwashes all stainless anyway

sounds like you have her well trained.
AgEng08
AG
quote:
everything ive ever heard/seen is that the yeti is hand wash only too, and I have a yeti tumbler
The SS portion has always been listed as dishwasher safe (I think)... they recently (maybe a year ago) said the lids are also dishwasher safe.

Here is a link to their website... it says they are dishwasher safe.
http://yeticoolers.com/rambler-tumblers/

ETA... I also have a Yeti tumbler... my wife picked up 2 RTICs for me when I asked her to after I saw this thread. When they got home, I saw the inside of the label... my reaction
Fountain
quote:
I've washed the the lids and the cups in the dishwasher for at least a year...no problems, yet.
texags08
AG
quote:
It's literally the exact same thing.

Lids aren't interchangeable. So your use of literally as an emphasis is not appreciated. You literally don't know what you are talking about.
MrJonMan
AG
I wash the yeti and RTIC tumblers in the dishwasher
montanagriz
S
Yeti tumbler I received this xmas said to handwash only on the tag
Naveronski
AG
And now if you read the website, they are fine in the dishwasher.
Post removed:
by user
AgEng08
AG
They are supposed to be vacuum insulated. So, I suppose the seal/seam at the bottom of the cup could be compromised if it goes through a dishwasher and it wasn't made to. If the seal breaks... no more vacuum.
AgEng08
AG
Yeah... it's weird. I think the Yeti labels still say to hand wash, but the website says dishwasher safe. The RTIC label says hand wash only and the website also says hand wash only.
techno-ag
AG
Top shelf in the dishwasher these last few months, and no problems. You think about it, the only thing that might hurt them would be the heating element, so top shelf seems pretty safe.
MrJonMan
AG
As stated above, it's the vacuum seal that can get compromised by the dishwasher because of the heat.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
As stated above, it's the vacuum seal that can get compromised by the dishwasher because of the heat.
Yup, as stated top shelf is ok. You think about it, these things are designed to hold cold or hot drinks. The heat in a dishwasher, on the top shelf away from the heating element, should be fine.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I bought the rib a purple bubba cup from Walmart. It comes with a straw, lid, and a rubber bottom for like $14.

That being said. I don't think it holds ice near as good as the RTIC I have.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I bought the rib a purple bubba cup from Walmart. It comes with a straw, lid, and a rubber bottom for like $14.

That being said. I don't think it holds ice near as good as the RTIC I have.
did you buy the rib a can of dip while you were at it?
Sean98
AG
I apologize if this has already been discussed... I sent a buddy the RTIC link waaaay back in the day because of his interest in a Yeti and non-Yeti prices. He's been watching the RTIC, Bison, etc. for about 4 months now.

...he just sent me an email today saying that RTIC had reduced their warranty from 7 years to 90 days? Is that right? If so a pretty significant shift.

Edit: I googled RTIC and because I looked at these back in the fall the "cached" page shows a 7 year warranty, 90 day 'no questions asked' return policy. ...but when I go to their website now it just shows a 90 day warranty. Interesting...
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
It's a 90 day warranty policy but it takes 7 years to receive your warranty replacement. HTH.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.