Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,706 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
Post removed:
by user
bmc13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
white 20
DimeBox17
AG
TAN COOLERS MATTER
aggieforester05
AG
Dang...Paid on 8/20 for a white 20 Quart, which is backordered with an expected ship date of 12/5.
saltyoldguy
AG
Received my shipping conf for white 65 today.

Hope to have the cap, stainless steel cup, sticker, t-shirt by Christmas. Only then will my life be complete.
jgw02
AG
My tan 20'says 12/3 ship date

How do people like the ones they received so far?
Maroonedinaustin
AG
quote:
Son of a ***** my ship date went from 11/14 to 12/3

So NO-ONE has received a tan yet, correct? Hmmm
Same here.
jpistolero02
I got my 45QT today. I am very impressed. Not sure how much the gasket is doing, but other than that very nice.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
I got my 45QT today. I am very impressed. Not sure how much the gasket is doing, but other than that very nice.

It better be doing a lot. If the cooler doesn't seal properly then it might as well be of the $60 Igloo variety.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
this is getting really frustrating... I am going to call tomorrow and really push to see if they can replace my tan for a white and get it sooner.

I'm not happy about the delay.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:

I find this confusing? Gasket clearly serves a purpose to me
jpistolero02
I should clarify what I meant and not say it doesn't do anything. I have only used a buddies Yeti and it seems as if you have to pry it open and this opens very easily. Excuse me for not being clear.
ag0207
AG
I got mine in yesterday (20 & 65 in white) and I am very pleased with the quality of the coolers. The coolers are easy to open but when shutting them you have to push down to get them to latch (which I believe is because the gasket is being compressed/sealing the cooler).

I have yet to throw some ice in them so I can't speak about the function of the coolers but comparing it to yeti & bison coolers (I don't own but have experience with through friends/family) that I have seen I think it will do well.

I know they are supposed to be bear proof but the first real test will be my 3 y/o who has experience tearing up nice things.
Caliber
AG
quote:
I know they are supposed to be bear proof but the first real test will be my 3 y/o who has experience tearing up nice things.
Whoa there... They only said bear proof, no on said anything about being childproof.
AgsMnn
AG
Called and asked why my estimated ship date was pushed back. Said they are getting 2 loads in next week of nothing but tan. They will ship out the same day. Said I should have mine in a couple weeks.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
What was your previous shipping date?
AgsMnn
AG
quote:
What was your previous shipping date?

11/13
shiftyandquick
is there a single independent review of these coolers comparing them to competitors?
Ramrod
AG
quote:
is there a single independent review of these coolers comparing them to competitors?
Only thing I've seen is an ice test versus a yeti. At the end of the test the rtic had more ice still frozen in it than the yeti; but the rtic has a larger volume than the yeti of the same size and so it holds more ice.

Edited to add: the test was not independent, it was done by rtic.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
No. Not that I have seen.

There are too many other competitors with inventory for me to want to wait months to save a few dollars.
saltyoldguy
AG
Received mine today. Very pleased with quality.

My guess is that once inventory catches up these are going to be very popular at this price point.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Received mine today. Very pleased with quality.

My guess is that once inventory catches up these are going to be very popular at this price point.

I would think so. Come December or January things will probably balance out a bit so they'll have some inventory.

Yeti has to be making a huge margin on their product. That just begs competition to enter the market.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BTW, if anyone wants a camo lid or even full cooler... let me know. We can dip them.

Really want to do a carbon fiber lid with an A&M logo...
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
How much
Depends on what you want done with it, exactly. Just camo dip.. probably about $70 bucks. Toss a logo on and it can go up a bit.
Post removed:
by user
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Just the lid.. would need to check on the whole thing.
Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I want my whole damn thing dipped!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I want my whole damn thing dipped!
$200ish depending on the size and camo pattern. Some of them like Realtree and other named patterns have royalties to pay so those can run about $20 more but not a huge bump. We are looking into getting max-4.
bmc13
AG
got mine yesterday and was able to look at it this morning! seems to be good construction. I did notice what others mentioned about the lid opening and closing very easily. the seal looks like it should be getting compressed ok but not completely sure. also, the latches are also easy to undo. wish they were a slight bit shorter so that they would be harder to open. overall though it seems nice enough and allowing that it works well i am glad i got it.
hurricanejake02
AG
Has anyone compared one of these to the new Magellan Icebox?

Bodean
if you go to one of the distribution centers they have the scratched and ding yeti coolers at about half the cost. I got a yeti 45 for $200. I think it retails for about $350. They also gave me and my son hats and other gear. The only downside is the cooler does not come with a warranty but I didnt care. 3411 Hidalgo St, Austin, TX 78702 is the austin location

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.