Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC coolers

410,710 Views | 1348 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JeffAggie2012
cledus6150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can get both the soft and hard sided coolers at bucees, I picked a 45 up from bucees a couple weeks ago.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I guess I'll drive to New Braunfels this weekend and check.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Which one? None at the Texas City one last Friday.
cledus6150
AG
That was the on I bought mine at on July 29.
tclub
Just left the Fort Worth location I didn't see anything there. I haven't seen many there since they opened. Maybe I'm just missing them and they're gone pretty quickly once they get them.
MrJonMan
AG
Saw their Facebook ad advertising the teal colored 30oz tumbler this morning.....basically "Tiffany" blue

Mother in laws bday is also today so I asked the wife and she said to buy one for her.

They say they're only sold in the Bucees Travel super stores but I went by the warehouse and they have them there as well, picked up 2, one for wife and one for MIL.

They said more colors are coming. 30oz plain stainless is $14.99 now and the colored versions will now be $19.99.....seems damn cheap.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
Just left the Fort Worth location I didn't see anything there. I haven't seen many there since they opened. Maybe I'm just missing them and they're gone pretty quickly once they get them.

I was told by a Wharton store employee they sell within a couple days of getting them in
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'll be at that bucees in the morning... Ask him if they have any now, please?
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
I'll be at that bucees in the morning... Ask him if they have any now, please?

It was 2 weeks ago that I was in the Wharton store, picked up a 30 soft side
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks!

I really want a regular 20 and not a soft one. I'll report in the morning what I find.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No RTIC soft or hard coolers in Wharton.

They did have a few teal cups though. I was there at about 6:30am.
RGRAg1/75
AG
What day do they get deliveries of coolers? Or does it vary?
Frisco
AG
I asked them and they said they never know when they'll show up.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Went to Buc-ee's in New Braunfels on Saturday and in Bastrop on Sunday. They had plenty of RTIC Tumblers, but no coolers.

One of the employees in Bastrop said they had some but sold out in a day and a half. They do not know when they might be getting more.

Online, current orders are shipping in mid-October.

I was looking for something for a camping trip in September. I guess I'll just have to plan a daily trip back to town to buy ice.
Rocco S
quote:
I was looking for something for a camping trip in September. I guess I'll just have to plan a daily trip back to town to buy ice.

It's amazing how well the rotomold cooler marketing has worked. And they really don't have any marketing to speak of besides word of mouth and store displays. Everyone thinks they need one to keep ice multiple days, and that no traditional ice chest can keep ice past a day.

Just pack another ice chest with ice, or pack an ice chest properly for each day, rather than getting in all of them every day, and you'll be fine.

If you think you have to have a rotomold, Academy has Magellans for about the same price as RTIC.
CTGilley
AG
Put a small block of dry ice in the corner of your cooler wrapped so that it does not create an ice block. Let it get a little wet and it will create a shell protecting its self. We kept ice for a week that way when I was in scouts.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
quote:
quote:

Just pack another ice chest with ice, or pack an ice chest properly for each day, rather than getting in all of them every day, and you'll be fine.

That was my backup plan. I'll be camping with 5 children; I expect the cooler to be opened a lot, but perhaps with an additional cooler with ice only I'll be able to keep it for the 3 days we'll be out.
Dicky Longstocking
AG
Anyone know if Buc-ee's Terrell has the soft side or 45 cooler?
Naveronski
AG
Most up to date inventory questions might be better answered by calling the place directly, rather than waiting here?
tlh3842
AG
You can't directly call any Bu-cee's location.
Naveronski
AG
Well never mind then.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
quote:
It's amazing how well the rotomold cooler marketing has worked. And they really don't have any marketing to speak of besides word of mouth and store displays. Everyone thinks they need one to keep ice multiple days, and that no traditional ice chest can keep ice past a day.
To be honest, it's more than just keeping ice.

Our Knights of Columbus Council has been using coolers to keep barbecue chicken and ribs hot for selling for many years. Historically we've had to purchase new chests about once a year due to damage. We bought Yeti coolers about 4 years ago and they have had no discernible damage. I was skeptical because of the cost, but I think they have been absolutely worth the extra expense.

Personally though, I'm still not willing to pay $450 for an ice chest. I am willing to pay about half that much for the same or better quality.
Caliber
AG
Amazon deal of the day is RTIC tumblers for $11.99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019D9HESO
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
Amazon deal if the day is RTIC tumblers for $11.99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019D9HESO

Ordered
pnut02
AG
Tommie Vaughn Ford has some soft packs in the King Ranch shop
MrJonMan
AG
I might be selling my soft 30 as I've got a 40 on order

Only used 1 time, if anyone is interested.....bought it at Bucees in Wharton 3 weeks ago
RK
AG
I might be.
MrJonMan
AG
Just let me know
MrJonMan
AG
Since it's technically used, figure I'll sell it for $25 off and you don't have to pay tax. $100
ashleyschaeffer
Does anyone have the RTIC 20 cup?
RK
AG
I'll take it for that. Why not.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
I'll take it for that. Why not.

Sold

You still have my email/#?
RK
AG
Yup. Hopefully this purchase will be easier to load in the truck than my last one. I'll text you later.
Mr. McGibblets
MrJonMan
AG
Ha....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.