Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,556 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
lawless89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
akaggie05 said:

Bump for any Coronavirus plays... who's got em?

I've got 50 shares of NVAX just to see what happens.
09Ag
AG
Not messing around with Corona stuff. My big position AIMT is due for FDA decision at any moment this week, however.
AgShaun00
AG
09Ag said:

Not messing around with Corona stuff. My big position AIMT is due for FDA decision at any moment this week, however.
what is the story on this. call/put ratio is extremely bullish
09Ag
AG
Company that is expected to have the first ever food allergy treatment platform approved this week. Their first product is just for peanut allergy, but if the platform is approved they will eventually use it for all major food allergies. It is oral immunotherapy (OIT), which allergists have been using off-label for years with remarkable success. It is essentially medical-grade highly characterized peanut protein in capsule form to be taken every day to build desensitization to peanut protein and prevent anaphylaxis from accidental exposure.
09Ag
AG
Also, Nestle owns 19% of the shares and a lot of people suspect they will be interested in acquisition following approval.

The only current competition is DBVT (peanut patch), which failed its P3 efficacy endpoint and then had a major FDA setback due to manufacturing concerns - giving AIMT big first to market advantage.
09Ag
AG
AIMT also had a very positive AdCom, and FDA gave an action date of "late January." Which is why your call/put ratio is so bullish right now.

The big short-term question is how much of approval is baked in due to that fact that most expect it will be approved. The other interesting aspect is that it has had VERY high short interest.
HustlerAggie
HustlerAggie said:

akaggie05 said:

Bump for any Coronavirus plays... who's got em?
Depends on how bad it gets (or how much fear is ginned up), but some to look at:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/26/what-to-expect-in-pfizers-q3-earnings-update.aspx
Their picks are all doing well today.
BCRX is up 17.97% on the day so far
GILD up 1.71% on the day so far
INO up 29.36% on the day so far
MRNA up 6.53% on the day so far
NVAX up 9.87% on the day so far
Hustle Harder
akaggie05
AG
Pulled the trigger on 1000 shares of INO today. We shall see...
HustlerAggie
akaggie05 said:

Pulled the trigger on 1000 shares of INO today. We shall see...
Looks like it is up another 10.43% in after-hours trading.
Hustle Harder
5C
AG
what happened to this thread?
FaceMask
Obmp or Ombp...
Gabster43213
OBMP and Avant Diagnostics have merged.

https://theralink.com/oncbiomune-appoints-dr-mick-ruxin-as-president-ceo-and-jeffrey-busch-as-chairman-of-the-board/
akaggie05
AG
INO is up 360% from where I bought. Think this is where I make an exit...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
bump for updated BIO plays anyone has.....
Jet Black
TCON is one of I have seen a couple different places but I don't know much about it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jet Black said:

TCON is one of I have seen a couple different places but I don't know much about it.

Have seen this mentioned in some other places too I think. Will definitely look at.

Current Bios I'm in on that have moved quite a bit recently and still MIGHT have room up if you guys wana look in on em are:

$XERS ($5.51 as of posting)
$RDHL ($10.08)
$ACHV (this one is more of a lotto play. treat it like a penny if you're going to play it. its a competitor to Chantix but if it hits, its going to hit big) ($9.93)
akaggie05
AG
NWBO phase 3 data readout for their GBM vaccine trial expected this month. The trial has dragged out forever, but looks like results are coming for real this time...

Definitely a binary event coming here.
Nagler
AG
I saw IGXT pop up somewhere and had forgotten all about it.

Looks like it's up after earnings last week.

Anyone have any thoughts on this thing? I remember a few years ago there were quite a few posts on TexAgs about it.
EliteZags
AG
Wtf happened to OBMP today 12x on a Twitter pump??

Some guy on stocktwits bought in $1K worth at $.13 a month ago but sold a day too early missed out on 40K+
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Has $blue bluebird bio been discussed here yet? Just got fda approval on some myeloma treatment?
Tibbers
Does $TSOI count? They are into cancer research and have 40 patents with several about to kick over to phase 3 trials.
I bleed maroon
AG
Ranger222 said:

Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) announced an offering of stock after the close yesterday. This is a bit of surprise since they had just offered to raise money just a month or two back. However, there seems to be a strong demand for the stock and the offering will be priced at around ~$5. It will be interesting to see which investors end up buying the offering. I would wait till we see 13Gs on increased ownership positions to truly know the sentiment of the stock, but all signs are pointing positive. Just look at the run MDGL has done recently, a competitor of VKTX. I'm thinking about doubling my position here.

TGTX announced data today for Phase II trial in MS with Ublituximab. This is a look at the data after 24 weeks, with the trail expected to go 52. 97.5% of subjects failed to have a relapse after 24 weeks. The MS space is big, and could present a $1 billion opportunity for the company. Entry into the MS area still is not factored into the valuation of the company, as most of the valuation is considered in their hematology programs. This name is going to start gaining buzz again, and could be worth the long term gamble. I should point out that one of the risks of the company is their management, who some view in a negative light. I think ultimately they will be bought out. Data announcement here.

During this market pullback, I'm looking to start some positions in CRISPR stocks. These are longterm plays as they are just beginning to enter into the clinic. My favorite is EDIT as it has some linkage to Celgene and Juno, as well as the only CRISPR company that is tackling eye diseases, the easiest and maybe quickest path for their FDA approval IMO.
Did anyone hold on to VKTX? Nice move today.
EliteZags
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/1b1f7py/got_laid_off_dumped_my_entire_severance_and_401k

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.