Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,725 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
akaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up another 16% today
Aggzwin00
09Ag, read the article links I have posted here it give you all the info you need on IGXT. Several catalysts expected before end of July.

2 insiders just purchased 120,000 shares too..... it won't be under a $1 any longer for long, my guess is we will be up Monday after the insider purchase and expectation of news in next 2 weeks.
FTAC2011
AG
AVEO losing some ground after the big momentum boost. I don't have any doubts it will bump back up again past $3 if it is officially approved.
badharambe
AG
This forum is gold. I appreciate everyone putting in the work and giving us ample opportunities to make money.

I like MYO - recent IPO, interesting pipeline, but most of all for a technical play for the next week or so. I'm in and slowly adding more.
Ranger222
AG
Big 7% jump in Paratek today ($PRTK). A person I follow closely has said that their Phase III ABSSI trail was just marked as completed, so the data will be out probably today AH or tomorrow morning before market open. Playing binary data events (data passes / fails) is really risky so I'm selling half of my position today to de-risk and taking the profits of $16 bought to $26 sold.

I'm keeping my other half as there is a 70-80% chance the data will be good. Play it as you like.
Ranger222
AG
Paratek -- Omadacycline passes all primary and secondary end points!
FHUAggie
Fantastic thread.

Jumped in on FOLD this AM, and, so far, I'm glad I did. Up 20 cents/share in just the past few hours.

EDIT: Glad I jumped in and out quickly...big time drop today (7/19)
aggiehunter3
AG
VRTX en fuego
FHUAggie
aggiehunter3 said:

VRTX en fuego

Unreal. Had to double check if that was what I was actually seeing...up $30 A SHARE.

Hope some of y'all were already in on that!
leoj
AG
Anyone own CELG?
Ranger222
AG
Great call on VRTX very early in this thread. I think there will be buying opportunities if you haven't gotten in yet. Great M&A candidate down the line.
Highway6
AG
I'm in on VRTX! It's up 106% since my buy in January. Much celebration in our family today because this is positive news for our CFer
Wodanaz
AG
VRTX has made me a chunk & I'm on it long. Huge news for us with CFers!
chilimuybueno
AG
Anyone own or watching NKTR?
FTAC2011
AG
Really happy for you both, my wife is a CF carrier. When we got pregnant the first time I learned a lot about CF. luckily, I was not a carrier so at worst my children will be carriers. I'm so happy they are coming out with more treatment options for the disease.
jimbo9821
AG
I missed the big opportunity with VRTX. Had it on my watch list starting last week, shoulda, coulda, woulda... For those of you that know more about it than I do...Do you see continued growth opportunity?
Cancelled
AG
Imho, there's plenty of growth opportunity there. It's a lifelong drug and this drug only treats 50% of CF. I think they are developing another drug. I might get into this one.
redsox34
AG
Loaded up on IMGN at the close friday at $5.68 making my new cost basis $4.6 from $2.50.
Purely a technical play buying at a rising 50MA after this latest ~30% pullback.
Wanted to buy more after the last pullback but didn't have the balls. Been trying to press my winners more and cut losers quick.
redsox34
AG
redsox34 said:

Loaded up on IMGN at the close friday at $5.68 making my new cost basis $4.6 from $2.50.
Purely a technical play buying at a rising 50MA after this latest ~30% pullback.
Wanted to buy more after the last pullback but didn't have the balls. Been trying to press my winners more and cut losers quick.
IMGN +12% today on above average volume

FOLD also holding pretty strong after that secondary offering, up over a $1 from the offering price
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

$SGMO offering after the bell...tough

2 recent trades I made:
I bought $AXSM yesterday morning at the bell based on purely on tech analysis and got lucky. It ripped 23% over the last two days, so I decided to go ahead and take the quick gains. They have multiple drugs with phase 3 trials and data readouts expected this quarter, so should be pretty good R/R. They completed an offering in March, so I imagine they should have enough cash to finish the trials (have not looked into their burn rate).

I bought $GNCA this morning as it tested the 200 MA this morning and held. Stop loss set just below the 200 day.
Update on the trades, as things are slow at work today and I'm mentally checked out.

$AXSM absolutely went beast mode after I sold reaching a high of $6.10. It's currently sitting slightly below the 200 day at $5.40. A bit more pullback and could be a good r/r entry into several expected data readouts.
Axsome pipeline

$GNCA has floated between the 200 day and $5.50 area since I bought. I'm still holding.
$GNCA Chart

I entered $rigl at $2.78 yesterday. Although it dipped below the 200 day, it recovered before close and is continuing to find some support at the 200 day.
$RIGL Chart

I continue to hold some $CBMX, a company that specializes in pre-implantation diagnostics and screening, prenatal and miscarriage analysis and pediatric development disorders, offering DNA testing for detecting genetic abnormalities. I originally bought at $3.15 based purely on technical analysis and continued to buy until my average was $4.2. I've sold along the way to lock in ~40% profit. As I've held, I began some fundamental analysis that has me more intrigued of the long term prospects. The company is projecting cash flow positive by q4 reducing the risk for additional equity offerings. Further, revenues and margins are significantly improving and the company is moving towards positive EPS.

Update on the above stocks:

1. I was stopped out of rigl for a 5% loss

2. Gnca was not doing much and then yesterday posted positive phase 3 results. Stock hit an intraday high today of $6.77 or a 34% move over the last 2 days. I'm all out now.

3. Cbmx is up ~20% since last posted and I expect positive earnings early August. The stock has posted positive 20+ % moves after each of the last 2 quarters earnings. I'm still holding all.

4. I didn't post these trades because they were pure gambles but I scalped cnxr twice from .58-.64....3 days later it hits .97 ouch.

Ranger222
AG
Here is a fun little biotech to watch -- $RGLS. They work with microRNAs. Recently had an offering and insiders (CEO, CRO, Director) bought up a bunch of shares ($1.8 million). May have hit a bottom here around $1. Have catalysts near the end of 2017, and a big gap to fill in the charts to about $2.25. This one could double by year's end.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Financial results come out 8/1... Should be interesting.
Aggzwin00
Good chance to get in igxt at a good price, maybe wait till early next week but anything in upper 70s or low 80s is a steal I think --- lots of catalysts coming now till end of year
IrishTxAggie
AG
What catalysts are you talking about? It's very difficult to find much on the web.
09Ag
AG
CYTR up big on partnership announcement
Ragoo
AG
Aggzwin00 said:

Good chance to get in igxt at a good price, maybe wait till early next week but anything in upper 70s or low 80s is a steal I think --- lots of catalysts coming now till end of year

https://www.google.com/finance?q=igxt&ei=l017WfmqOIi2UZXmvOAM

this one?
Drew_Hill
So time to sell CYTR? This thing is up 45% today. Or is it going to keep running?
09Ag
AG
That's my dilemma as well. Going to see if there's a run up before close.
FTAco07
AG
I've been in DVAX for a long (too long) time riding the ups and downs and Monday it's finally going to pay off. ADCOM approved their Hep-B vaccine and I've seen price targets as high as $45, up from $9.50 now. I've taken this one in the shorts for a while now, but it looks like it's going to pay off.
Drew_Hill
CYTR again today
IrishTxAggie
AG
ACRX having a nice little run-up ahead of their conference call tomorrow morning.
aggiehunter3
AG
My CBMX hold paid off today...announced in AH they are being purchased in an all stock deal by Invitae Corporation

CBMX Buyout PR
IrishTxAggie
AG
Nice. Congrats.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Huge over reaction on ACRX after the call IMHO. Could be a good time to buy in a little cheaper. I just jumped in on some more at $3.25.
redsox34
AG
All out of IMGN. Took a small loser on my added position but still made money on the position as a whole. The amount of volatility the past couple weeks has been insane. May look for a re-entry if it continues to come down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.