Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,706 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I wast able to get OBMP on etrade. Just couldn't do a market buy. Had to specify the exact price. I'm new and didn't realize that at first.

I do really like OBMP. The results posted last week of their phase 1 was really interesting. I think they can take off. I'm looking to add more stock, just determining how much. I'm still new and small potatoes.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Gabster,

Where are you seeing/hearing the rumors about news in the next two weeks? Just curious as I haven't seen anything recently.
Gabster43213
MosesHall,

The beginning of the phase 2 study in Mexico would seem to make sense as an upcoming press release given that they announced several weeks ago the beginning of patient recruitment for it.

I buy my shares through Scottrade which forces you to specify a limit price on buys.
Gabster43213
Moses,

This is an interesting article from September:

https://www.wallstreetpr.com/oncbiomune-pharmaceuticals-inc-otcmktsobmp-is-far-more-than-meets-the-eye-40328

agsdocdo
AG
PTN climb aboard Gang ! Looks very promising
Bird Poo
AG
agsdocdo said:

PTN climb aboard Gang ! Looks very promising
"treatment of premenopausal women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD)"
Gabster43213
Moses,

Are you familiar with Investor Hub?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Nope but I'll check it out
what say you
AVEO continues to fall but can't seem to find any reasoning as to why...
IrishTxAggie
AG
what say you said:

Taking a bit more of a haircut with it than I thought I would. but I'm in it for the long. I'm still cost averaging down.
Ragoo
AG
what say you said:

less demand is pushing the ask down on the sell side.
IrishTxAggie
AG
what say you said:

Now it's up almost 10% after hours... interesting...
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

what say you said:

Now it's up almost 10% after hours... interesting...
5000 shares have been traded in AH.

http://m.nasdaq.com/symbol/aveo/after-hours
IrishTxAggie
AG
Seems like a hell of a bump for 5000 shares
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Seems like a hell of a bump for 5000 shares
only one lot, 100 shares was bought at the current price. I would not read much into the AH price in such low volume.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gotcha. I didn't open the link until just now.
OlArmy01
AG
Irish, send me a email when you get a chance. We have similar goals for investing in biotech. Christopher.d.rush at gmail
Ukraine Gas Expert
Gabster43213
OBMP just had great news a couple of days ago. Phase 2 study from Harvard will start very soon. Several say that it will go from the 3 cents today to $1 by the end of the summer of 2018.
SlackerAg
AG
I'm be looking at an VRTX & ABBV entry soon.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I sure hope so. I'm about to increase my
Position.
giddings_ag_06
AG
SlackerAg said:

I'm be looking at an VRTX & ABBV entry soon.
I've been in Abbvie since the beginning of this year. Excellent company with more drugs in the pipeline. Humira is the best selling drug around. Great, "safe" investment for the long term.
SlackerAg
AG
I originally avoided bio stocks like the plague, but my portfolio was too technology heavy & needed more diversification. Tweaked the algo & those names came up. It's comforting to know others trust it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Juno Therapeutics is one to keep an eye on.
aggiehunter3
AG
I continue to believe CELG is a great longterm idea after the pullback to mid 90s. I loaded up at $98 and don't plan to touch for a long time. They have a lot of partnerships/large stakes in some decent smid cap names like JUNO, XLRN, BLUE...so can give you some diversity instead of going all in on the individual company with 1 drug.
Gabster43213
Moses,

Did you see last week's release? 72% of patients in Phase 1 study have shown no progression or actually some stage of regression after one year on Proscovax. Harvard Phase 2 study will be announced soon. It appears as though toxic funders are at or near the end of their involvement with the company.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I did see that and hear about the Harvard phase 2. Very excited.

What do you mean by toxic funders?
Ranger222
AG
2018 started with some good news --

Our old friend Achaogen (AKAO) announced this morning FDA acceptance of its NDA for Plazomicin with a decision for approval on or before June 25th of this year. Additionally, they released positive Phase 1 day for C-Scape which was well tolerated. The stock jumped ~5% in pre-market trading, but has given that up as the day has gone on.

This is a good opportunity to get in as AKAO has become derisked with NDA acceptance. There was some worry that there could have been negative news, but they were holding the news as today is the first day for the new CEO. This should be trading at around ~$15.
aggiehunter3
AG
Ranger222 said:

2018 started with some good news --

Our old friend Achaogen (AKAO) announced this morning FDA acceptance of its NDA for Plazomicin with a decision for approval on or before June 25th of this year. Additionally, they released positive Phase 1 day for C-Scape which was well tolerated. The stock jumped ~5% in pre-market trading, but has given that up as the day has gone on.

This is a good opportunity to get in as AKAO has become derisked with NDA acceptance. There was some worry that there could have been negative news, but they were holding the news as today is the first day for the new CEO. This should be trading at around ~$15.
I couldn't agree more. I started a position this morning.
Gabster43213
Moses,

Big news coming this week on OBMP.
agsdocdo
AG
Still an excellent choice
CNH III
IrishTxAggie
AG
Care to elaborate. I've been reading a bit about them of late and am genuinely curious. Liked the phase one results. I don't generally do much with penny stocks, but figure the upside is good with a small position. Moses started talking about them when they were in the ~$0.10 and now they're in the ~0.04.
OnlyForNow
AG
Interested as well.

And anyone know what's going on with AVEO since Nov? Why the drop?
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO has just been slow. No demand. I'm still in it for quite a bit and I expect some big movement after their phase 3 readout which is set for Q1.
EliteZags
AG
Gabster43213 said:

Moses,

Big news coming this week on OBMP.

what's the most amount of shares you can get in a single limit order? I've had one open for over a week at .041 for 75K then 50K then 25K without getting filled even though it's dropped below several times, how much are you getting from each order

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.