Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,671 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Already moving after hours...

This may put Jazz's feet to the fire on the buyout a little sooner.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

Already moving after hours...

This may put Jazz's feet to the fire on the buyout a little sooner.

Yes sir, I hope that's the case!

Up 13.5% AH as of typing this. Choking my stop loss up for sure to lock in some gains.
IrishTxAggie
AG
25% now!!

What are you thinking for your stop loss?
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

25% now!!

What are you thinking for your stop loss?

I just nudges it up to $4.62...you?

Just cancelled it as it won't fill to market hours...I'm torn brother.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm at $4.40. It's swinging a bit too much right now and if it drops under $4.40, I'll buy back in.

Cancelled too... Going to wake up early and see how it's playing.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I'm at $4.40. It's swinging a bit too much right now and if it drops under $4.40, I'll buy back in.

Yeah that's what's making me nervous, and I'd like to try not to freak out too much one way or the other. How do you think this performs tomorrow?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think a lot of people will take their profits. Talking about almost 20% in one day. I'm tempted to too, but I've got a lot of confidence in this trial and I'd hate to miss the boat because I took some early profits on it. I'm so far ahead in this stock that it would really be stupid to be short sighted now. Honestly, if it dips tomorrow, I'll probably load up on some more. Kicking myself in the ass for not getting more again today. If my freaking bonus check would've been deposited like it was supposed to be, I likely would've doubled my position today. I'm going to kill someone for that.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Like i said. Emotional roller coaster
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

Like i said. Emotional roller coaster
No. kidding.

I just realized that Robinhood only trades AH 'til 3PM PST/5PM CST (not the full 6:30PM EST AH window)...the price on my stop-loss hit after 3PM PST (I'm in CA), and now I'm stuck waiting for tomorrow, having watched $0.30/share or more bleed off and there's nothing I can do.

Wow.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I think a lot of people will take their profits. Talking about almost 20% in one day. I'm tempted to too, but I've got a lot of confidence in this trial and I'd hate to miss the boat because I took some early profits on it. I'm so far ahead in this stock that it would really be stupid to be short sighted now. Honestly, if it dips tomorrow, I'll probably load up on some more. Kicking myself in the ass for not getting more again today. If my freaking bonus check would've been deposited like it was supposed to be, I likely would've doubled my position today. I'm going to kill someone for that.
Sorry to hear on the grab for more shares, but certainly happy to hear you're so far ahead!

Hoping this can retrace those gains tomorrow, as I'd love to jump on for a bit more than what it's trading at now, given how high it hit...
BB675
AG
I bought in today at $3.98. This was my first stock to get in on. Not sure what all is being said and what I should do lol.
FHUAggie
cloeren13 said:

I bought in today at $3.98. This was my first stock to get in on. Not sure what all is being said and what I should do lol.
You got in at a decent price point, given today's action.

Hard to know what tomorrow will look like for AVEO, as there was a lot of low-volume movement AH that nearly pushed the price over $5...tomorrow during market hours, and knowing AVEO, there's just as good a chance of a sell-off as there is a trace back up.

As I think through it though, given the fact that there will be much more volume tomorrow AM, there's likely going to be price target updates (perhaps in the $7-$10 range?) by analysts, and I believe the official PR should hit the wire, there's a good shot that we may not have seen the peak of this spike yet...

If it touches $4.60 again or higher, unless it blows past that number, it'll be mighty hard for me to not to take some profit there as I'm in at $3.60/share.

Anybody else agree/disagree?
OnlyForNow
AG
What you said makes sense, but I think it'll hinge on people like Colin who are heavy in it and wanting to hear good news to determine if there is a selloff or not.
HC
Hey homie. You have any insight on MNKD? I got in on 6/6/17 and it's up big too
Gabster43213
FHU Aggie,

OBMP is traded on the OTC. I don't check Robin Hood much but I bought more shares today through my Scottrade account.
FTAC2011
AG
cloeren13 said:

You just bought in today and have already rode some momentum? Congrats you're now addicted like the rest of us!

Keep rising AVEO!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Haven't looked into it.
badharambe
AG
I'd be most worried about an offering coming, from what I saw they havent had one and they are burning through cash. The volume today was great but I prolly wouldn't hold much longer. I'm not telling you what to do, that's up to you.
badharambe
AG
I've got some around 11.3 today, I anticipate it trading in the same range today before continuing up, but that's my hope, who really knows. My SL is prolly a little below yesterday's low, we shall see, you gotta research and evaluate your own risk limitations.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lets see what AVEO does this morning... Watching after hours and pre-market has been fun. People taking some profits. I picked up another sizeable position at $4.05.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

Lets see what AVEO does this morning... Watching after hours and pre-market has been fun. People taking some profits. I picked up another sizeable position at $4.05.

$4.10 stop-loss hit this AM...all good though, can't cry on the gains there. Likely buying again if it dips under $4.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't really have the time to babysit this thing, so I've missed several opportunities to pump, dump, and re-pump. I'm so damn scared to put a stop loss on the thing because of the buyout chatter. I increased my position and now I'm averaged in at $3.95. I've sold and rebought this stock multiple times trying to capture the short gains and all I end up doing is missing more gains when I try to get back in. No more pump and dump with this one.
BB675
AG
This is definitely confusing for me being this is my first trade. Went to bed excited but now am confused because it is just below where it was when I bought yesterday. Maybe I should hang on to it for a little while and learn the market before I try and buying and selling too many times.
IrishTxAggie
AG
People were taking profits on the after hours run up.

Bio stocks are extremely volatile. Even ones with such promising results and readouts as AVEO. If you've got a weak stomach for trade volatility, stay the hell away from Bio stocks.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I don't really have the time to babysit this thing, so I've missed several opportunities to pump, dump, and re-pump. I'm so damn scared to put a stop loss on the thing because of the buyout chatter. I increased my position and now I'm averaged in at $3.95. I've sold and rebought this stock multiple times trying to capture the short gains and all I end up doing is missing more gains when I try to get back in. No more pump and dump with this one.

I hear you on that brother.

Since I'm already out, I'm likely gonna be on the sidelines for a bit here. The past several 52-week highs have all had 6-8 day downward trends before another spike/trend up...gonna see where this one finds true support over the next few days, set a limit buy, and ride (up, hopefully) from there.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think the support is at $3.95 currently. IMHO
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I think the support is at $3.95 currently. IMHO

This bad boy dropped like a rock man...starting to think this is the usual for AVEO post-news release. Exact same thing happened post EU approval announcement.

Looks like support may be forming today at $3.80 and resistance at $3.85? But given the past several up-and-down trends I'm not sure this one is ready to make its usual slow climb back up.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yeah... I love to hate this stock... Is it bad that I'm about to load up again at $3.80?
COAg15
AG
Been in the stock for a month now. Just put more in after the dip. It's a ride.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just so y'all understand my confidence level in AVEO, I've more than doubled my position in the past 24hrs and have my cost average at $3.90. I'm not concerned by the current selloff at all.
Ragoo
AG
ColinAggie said:

Just so y'all understand my confidence level in AVEO, I've more than doubled my position in the past 24hrs and have my cost average at $3.90. I'm not concerned by the current selloff at all.
what is the basis of your confidence level? I know you have mentioned buyout rumors, where do they originate? What other fundamentals behind the company are favorable? the recent run up and sell off are classic pump and dump bio.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Already approved in the EU for renal cell carcinoma.

Recent Phase 3 analysis with no modification to protocol
https://cnafinance.com/aveo-pharmaceuticals-aveo-stock-gaining-on-study-analysis-completion/16685
Ragoo
AG
ColinAggie said:

Already approved in the EU for renal cell carcinoma.

Recent Phase 3 analysis with no modification to protocol
https://cnafinance.com/aveo-pharmaceuticals-aveo-stock-gaining-on-study-analysis-completion/16685
what else does this company do besides Renal Cell oncology?
badharambe
AG
i drew these trend lines on my TOS desktop app yesterday. seems to be the big support and resistance right now.

I am not currently in aveo, might get in once it is above and stays there.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They have other cancer drugs in the pipeline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.