Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,722 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IrishTxAggie said:

Stagecoach said:

OlArmy01 said:

Hope no one was riding the NKTR wave
Have been watching for a buying opportunity. Bought it around 56 when it plummeted.
Bought in at 52.80

IrishTxAggie
AG
Ulrich said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Stagecoach said:

OlArmy01 said:

Hope no one was riding the NKTR wave
Have been watching for a buying opportunity. Bought it around 56 when it plummeted.
Bought in at 52.80

AgShaun00
AG

But whole lot better than 80s which was about to do.
AgShaun00
AG
anyone know the story on CYTK/ Down 17%
Ranger222
AG
Amazing data just released by Sarepta on a gene therapy treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Stock up +50%. Happy holder since $50
jtmoney03
AG
My single biggest and most regrettable eff up in trading. I was brand new to messing around with the stock market, and could have been holding a ton of shares at an average cost of $16.27. I did a ton of research and this was the one I sunk most of my initial investment in. I decided I wanted to focus entirely on bio stocks for the first couple of months. Shortly after I bought, a person on the FDA panel decided he did not want them to move forward and the drug for DMD didn't get its approval. I panicked, and finally sold at $10.70 fearing it was headed towards sub $1.00. Shortly after that, that panel member was replaced and it immediately got approval to move onto the next phase and it started its upward trajectory.

That was 4/21/16...it began its slow creep back up in June that year and has not looked back at all.
Gabster43213
10-Q is out for OBMP
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gabster43213 said:

10-Q is out for OBMP

And?? Cliff Notes?
Gabster43213
Have not read yet but know that I am buying more tomorrow !!!!
WestTexAg12
AG
Gabster43213 said:

Why would you do that if you don't know what's in it?

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Gabster43213
Because I want to.and can afford to do so.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Gabster43213 said:

IrishTxAggie
AG
Gabster43213 said:

You've got to be sitting on millions of shares with how many times you've mentioned that you're buying in.
WestTexAg12
AG
Gabster43213 said:

Because I want to.and can afford to do so.

Very well.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ulrich
AVEO up 5% this morning and 10% this week.
AKAO having a nice week as well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO needs to get above ~$2.50 and then it should breakout. We should see $3.50-$4 before the P3 readout.
Ulrich
I'm not sure how much of the move is just tracking XBI. I'm already in the green though, so I'm in board, lets go to the moon.

Edit: nope, I'm still in the red one that one. Getting close though.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AVEO needs to get above ~$2.50 and then it should breakout. We should see $3.50-$4 before the P3 readout.
Technically, it's above the upper wedge line today...but I just want to see if it can hold (today and tomorrow)
Ulrich
OBMP diluted the hell out of their shares in 1Q. Market doesn't seem to mind this morning.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm in the red too. I bought a huge order way too high. It was one of my first major trades. Live and learn. I've averaged down a lot over the past three months and flipped some options when it tanked after their announcement that the readout was getting pushed.
Ulrich
There goes LPTX. Up 8% today.

Edit: 9%

Edit 2: looks like they are presenting today at the JMP conference. Started 15 minutes ago, which is when it popped up about 4-5% to 9%.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ulrich said:

OBMP diluted the hell out of their shares in 1Q. Market doesn't seem to mind this morning.

This might have something to do with the market not caring about the dilution. Then again it might not.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oncbiomune-commence-phase-2-trial-120000379.html?.tsrc=applewf
Ulrich
It's been an odd day. Crappy 10Q as expected, but a phase 2 announcement, but they may not have the money to actually run the phase 2. Price is up, but (for this stock) not that much.

I'd like to see either a grant or a ruling that allows them to collect some sort of revenue. Equity issuances are prohibitively dilutive.
Ulrich
AKAO keeps marching higher. I don't know how much of this is the stocks themselves vs money flowing into BIOs generally (XBI up 1.8% today), but my portfolio is up 4-10% almost across the board.
gougler08
AG
AVEO didn't hold, giving back everything from yesterday
IrishTxAggie
AG
Meh... It'll be like that for awhile until the P3 readouts. Consider it a buying opportunity.
59 South
AG
I tend to agree. Here's my short term technical take...

2.27 is critical right now. It's about the exact mid point of the falling wedge, an obvious short term resistance/support line and also exactly where the insider trading has recently taken place. Could be a good entry point if it holds. If it fails then it will fall back down to about 2.15 or so at least. If 2.27 holds then a run up to 3+, maybe close to 4 is very possible prior to P3 announcement. If it doesn't, then floundering in this same range becomes more likely.

I currently have a half position averaged at 2.28. I'll probably add a quarter position at 2.27 and another quarter at 2.15 if it falls.

Long term all hinges on the P3. It's a pretty binary play at this point to me. Bad will be a 15-20% loss (set just below previous flash down) and good will be good, really really good. Best case buyout in the $10-15+ range.

Anybody have a different read?

Josepi
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Meh... It'll be like that for awhile until the P3 readouts. Consider it a buying opportunity.
When are the P3 readouts?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Josepi said:

IrishTxAggie said:

When are the P3 readouts?

Sometime in Q3 as of now. Most are hoping and thinking mid August.
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

I tend to agree. Here's my short term technical take...

2.27 is critical right now. It's about the exact mid point of the falling wedge, an obvious short term resistance/support line and also exactly where the insider trading has recently taken place. Could be a good entry point if it holds. If it fails then it will fall back down to about 2.15 or so at least. If 2.27 holds then a run up to 3+, maybe close to 4 is very possible prior to P3 announcement. If it doesn't, then floundering in this same range becomes more likely.

I currently have a half position averaged at 2.28. I'll probably add a quarter position at 2.27 and another quarter at 2.15 if it falls.

Long term all hinges on the P3. It's a pretty binary play at this point to me. Bad will be a 15-20% loss (set just below previous flash down) and good will be good, really really good. Best case buyout in the $10-15+ range.

Anybody have a different read?

I have a small position at 2.19 that I got in right after it touched that bottom resistance line last time...basically just fingers crossed that P3 is on the good side and see where it goes from there
59 South
AG
2.27 just failed. I didn't buy there waiting to see if it bounced. There was volume but not enough to bounce it enough. I'll proably add that half position at 2.15 (or lower) depending on how it behaves.
gougler08
AG
Yeah that was quick
59 South
AG
BIg bounce off 2.18. Now will 2.28 go back to being the resistance?

This is a fun watch. Long term bulls buying at what they (we) think is a bargain vs shorts and day traders playing the swings.

My guess is range bound 2.10-2.30 for a bit... but that's just a WAG.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I've been buying between $2.15-2.30 for the past couple of months. I'm long. Haven't been doing any day trading with it.
59 South
AG
Same here. I have a couple small buys at 3.00 and 2.36 and then a big one at 2.16.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.