Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,743 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
aggiehunter3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Re-entered AXSM on Wednesday at $5.7. Technically, golden cross forming and is flagging above 50/200 ma. Further, they have 3 phase 3 studies going with data readouts expected this year. They raised in March and have no debt.
El Chupacabra
What's up with TEVA?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Debt, missed earnings, cut dividend dramatically, lowered outlook, etc.. Just a whole bunch of crap
FHUAggie
Anybody following AVEO still?

Apparently, the EU decision for approval is supposed to come down NLT August 29th, and will likely come sooner. There will probably be another decent dip between now and then, and curious if anybody has any thoughts or has even taken up any new/additional positions there.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm very very long on AVEO...
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I'm very very long on AVEO...

I'm thinking the exact same thing...EU approval and later FDA would be tremendous. Now as good a time as any to jump in?

Also curious if you're thinking the same on DVAX...
FTAC2011
AG
AVEO seems to be leveling off at the $2.50 mark but has had a recent run up the last few trading days. I would say that's a good sign and I personally would be willing to invest more now. With the news of possible approval it jumped to $3.19, I would be willing to bet if it does get approved it would reach that mark again. If you did buy more today don't be surprised with the volatility as it could drop to $2.50 or lower in an instant.

I'm still long in AVEO as well
aggiehunter3
AG
badharambe said:

This forum is gold. I appreciate everyone putting in the work and giving us ample opportunities to make money.

I like MYO - recent IPO, interesting pipeline, but most of all for a technical play for the next week or so. I'm in and slowly adding more.

This one is back to IPO lows ~$7...that's after good CE news last week. I'm considering and entry tomorrow to see if it bounces off this level.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not a bio stock, but what is y'all's take on Mylan? Seems like a pretty good stock to get into right now at a pretty good discount.
aggiehunter3
AG
ColinAggie said:

Not a bio stock, but what is y'all's take on Mylan? Seems like a pretty good stock to get into right now at a pretty good discount.

I focus on technical analysis for most of my trading. MYL is pretty ugly now well below 200/50 day MA and kind of in "no man's land" from a support perspective. The last solid support I really see on the chart is the $25 area from October 2013. Personally I would be waiting to see if it forms a new bottom support at this $30 area or falls all the way to the $25.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Thanks
Ragoo
AG
ColinAggie said:

what is the ticker?
IrishTxAggie
AG
MYL
FTAC2011
AG
Is good news for AVEO imminent? It's had a 16% run up the past week and is closing in on $3.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The EU is expected to give their official on tivozanib in the 3rd quarter. The Committee of Medicinal Products for Human Use recommended the approval and the EU usually follows their recommendations.
Harry Stone
AG
It'll be interesting to follow AVEO's Ficlauzumab and it's treatment of AML. We work with HGF on other blood issues and see huge potential with HGF, so it's something I want to follow.
FTAC2011
AG
Interested if y'all will hold after approval (if it comes) or sell on the pop?
Ranger222
AG
Keep an eye on my baby $SGMO. It ran yesterday on a very weak day, and is running again today (+7%). Some are expecting big news (new partnership) Monday ahead of a Webush PacGrow conference on Tuesday. Even if that doesn't come through, this stock is getting ready to test its 52-week highs again ($10.50). If it breaks through, it could really run.

Lots of catalysts coming in late 2017/early 2018 (Hem A&B trails, MS 1 and 2 trails) and new potential partnerships (tau and alzheimers, Car-T and oncology).

------------

Recent derisked biotechs I would also look at due to low price --

FGEN -- gapped up to $50 earlier this week on good data, now down to $41. Multiple price targets of $70-80. More data out September 12.

DVAX -- Has flirted with $15 a couple of times. Worth $30.

SAGE -- multiple catalysts upcoming in 2H 2017. PTs of $100+

MRNS -- has run from $1.2 level, potentially setting up for bigger run to $4 very soon.
FTAC2011
AG
Nice call on MRNS... up 25% today
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO on a roll today!
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

AVEO on a roll today!
No doubt!

I was in originally in the $2.80's after following this thread...and I typically don't buy stocks that are soaring at the moment but I jumped in for more at $3.18 (and now at $3.23 as I type this) after doing some more reading. I think with EU approval likely and looming, it was a "get in when you can" kind of thing, even if there's a short-term dip between now and then.
FTAC2011
AG
FHUAggie said:

ColinAggie said:

AVEO on a roll today!
No doubt!

I was in originally in the $2.80's after following this thread...and I typically don't buy stocks that are soaring at the moment but I jumped in for more at $3.18 (and now at $3.23 as I type this) after doing some more reading. I think with EU approval likely and looming, it was a "get in when you can" kind of thing, even if there's a short-term dip between now and then.

I've been buying and selling AVEO on dips and pops for almost 3 years now. It's been a fun ride... but they look like they have turned a corner. I wonder where it could head.
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

FHUAggie said:

ColinAggie said:

AVEO on a roll today!
No doubt!

I've been buying and selling AVEO on dips and pops for almost 3 years now. It's been a fun ride... but they look like they have turned a corner. I wonder where it could head.
Nice; congrats on the profits made! The "buy the dip, sell the pop" is something I've been learning a bit more about as I've dipped my toe into the market world and have slowly started ramping up (just bought the NVDA dip after their EC, and now I need to really force my self to stay disciplined as I want to buy every dip now!).

And I certainly hope they're about to turn a corner...I'm not sure how long I'd go with it, but I'm in for awhile moving forward now for sure.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Do you guys use an online trading platform for all of these? If so, what would you recommend?
IrishTxAggie
AG
garrettc16 said:

Do you guys use an online trading platform for all of these? If so, what would you recommend?
I use Robinhood for all of my Bio Stocks.

I have a Scottrade account that I use for my more traditional trades.
FTAC2011
AG
I use Robinhood as well for most of my trades, but I use E*TRADE for option trading as well as education and research tools.
FHUAggie
Same as the two above me: Robinhood.

Fantastic, commission-free platform for basic buy/sell trading with ability to use stop losses and limit buys/sells.

I also haven't slept beyond 6:00AM PST (premarket trading) for the past few weeks since getting into this...so, beware of the addiction
FTAC2011
AG
garrettc16 said:

If you want to use Robinhood, they will give us both a share of stock for free if you use the referral link:

http://share.robinhood.com/cameror2
what say you
RGLS... it appears to be near all time lows. Anybody playing this for a quick pop?
redsox34
AG
Hopped back in IMGN a few days ago when it reclaimed it's 50 day MA.

FOLD is starting to come back to life after a sharp sell off last week. Has had some major call action the last 2 days and it's a very illiquid option market. A few analysts at JP Morgan said it is their top long term pick in the small to Mid size biotechs. Still holding.
FHUAggie
Just expanded my position on AVEO with today's sub-$3 dip. Looks like support may be forming a shade above $2.95...
FHUAggie
And if I'm reading/understanding this correctly, apparently the EMA now has a drug listed as a new drug approval, a new drug that received it's opinion/recommendation on 6/23 after not posting anything new since May:

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/medicines/human/medicines/004430/human_med_002151.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058001d124

6/23 is the same day that AVEO's tivozanib received it's recommendation of approval. Not sure if this is necessarily a good sign, but it seems like drugs from that time frame are now getting the thumbs up or thumbs down...hopefully there's a thumbs up very soon for tivozanib.

EDIT:

Another link that may be worth following/refreshing of the coming days:

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/medicines/human/medicines/004131/smops/Positive/human_smop_001165.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058001d127
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I've been following Aveo outside this thread but haven't bought in yet. Thinking about it now at $3. Just curious how long people plan to ride this one.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I have a limit sell in at $3.25. If it hits, it'll be a nice little bump and I'll look to buy in again at the $2.95-3.00 range.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sell order just went through. Was cost averaged in at $2.95 over the course of 5 weeks. Sold at $3.25. I wasn't paying much attention to it for awhile and probably could've done a little better if I watched, But I'm happy with a ~10% gain over that time frame.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.