Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,709 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
FHUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ColinAggie said:

Sell order just went through. Was cost averaged in at $2.95 over the course of 5 weeks. Sold at $3.25. I wasn't paying much attention to it for awhile and probably could've done a little better if I watched, But I'm happy with a ~10% gain over that time frame.
Nice, congrats on the profits!

I'm in a bit higher, at $3.06...I'm loving what I'm seeing and thinking I'm gonna stay long as this, at least for EU approval which seems imminent at this point...

I do have my stop-loss ready though, for sure.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FHUAggie said:

ColinAggie said:

Sell order just went through. Was cost averaged in at $2.95 over the course of 5 weeks. Sold at $3.25. I wasn't paying much attention to it for awhile and probably could've done a little better if I watched, But I'm happy with a ~10% gain over that time frame.
Nice, congrats on the profits!

I'm in a bit higher, at $3.06...I'm loving what I'm seeing and thinking I'm gonna stay long as this, at least for EU approval which seems imminent at this point...

I do have my stop-loss ready though, for sure.
I felt like the EU approval as and is getting priced in today. I think there will be another bump when the approval becomes official, but I felt like this was a good spot for me to jump out for a bit. I hope I'm wrong for the benefit of the others still playing with it. My new one that I've been in and out of is ACRX and it's driving me crazy!
FTAC2011
AG
I agree with Colin in that I think the price is probably reflecting the approval, however, I do think there will still be a reactionary bump to the news of its approved. That's when I'll be watching it like a hawk and start setting stop loss sells. I'm probably going to sell my whole position the first day it drops after approval (if it comes) and probably purchase more shares after it levels off again.
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

I agree with Colin in that I think the price is probably reflecting the approval, however, I do think there will still be a reactionary bump to the news of its approved. That's when I'll be watching it like a hawk and start setting stop loss sells. I'm probably going to sell my whole position the first day it drops after approval (if it comes) and probably purchase more shares after it levels off again.
This is where my head's at. As soon as it's approved--assuming it is--I'm dumping for the most possible gain...and in case it isn't, well, stop losses are in place just in case there's a massive nosedive.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Looks like I got out too soon. Guess that's what I get for finally sticking to my rule. Left a lot on the table. Hope the rest of y'all are enjoying the run.
Ranger222
AG
$RGLS 11% gain today. Breaking above $1, could run to $2. Great if you got in around $0.85 recently
MosesHallRAB04
AG
As someone who is brand new and wanting to learn what is it about RGLS that drew you to it? I see mostly hold calls on E*TRADE research with a price of 1.15. Just curious what point to a possible run to $2?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Curious to see people's thoughts on INSY. It intrigues me but the Illinois settlement gives me pause the public perception might make it drop before it rebounds.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
TNXP is another I've watched but not bought yet as I'm new and gun shy. They are poised to present some phase 2 stuff at the Military Health Symposium next week. I might just go for it.
redsox34
AG
What is your intent when you buy? Do you plan on holding them for awhile or trading in and out?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
If there are in and out opportunities I'm open to them. I can't really watch it diligently during the day so I'd make buys and set limit sells mostly. I won't be a massive day trader though just some here and there.

What got me started was my companies stock had a big dip based on an FDA announcement and I decided to get in while it was low. I have know inside knowledge but am hopeful it rebounds. I think our product has some interesting possibilities, hopefully it comes back.
FTAC2011
AG
Article on June 23rd (the day the recommendation came in for tivozanib) said they expected the news to come in 67 days. That is Tuesday, so hopefully good news is just around the corner
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

Article on June 23rd (the day the recommendation came in for tivozanib) said they expected the news to come in 67 days. That is Tuesday, so hopefully good news is just around the corner

Hoping for the same...should be an interesting 1-10 days or so coming up.
FHUAggie
The scuttlebutt is that AVEO's tivozanib has been approved by the EU based on "marketing authorization", but not formally announced yet...this seems to be supported by the 7% jump as of writing this.

Apparently, the formal announcement may come on Monday, which seems to lend to the idea that we haven't seen the end of the run-up here yet...time will tell.

Anybody else got thoughts here?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I got back in on it this morning at $3.50. The selloff I did worked rather well for me by rolling it into a pump-n-dump right quick.

I tend to agree with the approval rumor.
FHUAggie
ColinAggie said:

I got back in on it this morning at $3.50. The selloff I did worked rather well for me by rolling it into a pump-n-dump right quick.

Solid move indeed! I think you've got about a $1 or so worth of upward running room heading into next week.
FTAC2011
AG
Where did you see the rumor?

I purchased some AVEO $5 call options the day the recommendation came in and they are now at a 94% gain wondering if I should just take the profits on that.

I put in a stop loss sell order for all my shares just in case at $3.35 but am hopeful that won't execute
IrishTxAggie
AG
FHUAggie said:

ColinAggie said:

Solid move indeed! I think you've got about a $1 or so worth of upward running room heading into next week.
I hope so. I need to keep a close eye on it and it may be tough because I'll be in Brazil all of next week and my phone service might be limited.
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

Where did you see the rumor?

I purchased some AVEO $5 call options the day the recommendation came in and they are now at a 94% gain wondering if I should just take the profits on that.

I put in a stop loss sell order for all my shares just in case at $3.35 but am hopeful that won't execute
So, StockTwits is the zoo of all zoo's, so please take this with a grain of salt:

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/AVEO

Now, there's actually some decent info there if you can block out the large number of absolutely braindead morons and trolls. Lots of links and screenshots to supplement what's being said, and I usually use this thread as my ground wire to ensure I'm properly wired in.
FTAC2011
AG
AVEO... this is beautiful. Colin good call buying back in this morning
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm still holding a good bit of ACRX too.
FTAC2011
AG
The volatility is killing me. Jumped to $4 and then dropped like a rock to 3.75
FTAC2011
AG
http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/?fuseaction=list&n=10&adv=0&coteId=&year=2017&number=&version=F&dateFrom=2017-08-24&dateTo=2017-08-24&serviceId=&documentType=&title=fotivda&titleLanguage=&titleSearch=EXACT&sortBy=NUMBER&sortOrder=DESC
FHUAggie
Curious on everyone's thoughts here:

Assuming the news is positive, I'm debating selling the news on AVEO, moving that profit into DVAX, and making an attempt to sell the news there, too (recognizing the risk involved in that). Especially with DVAX trailing off a bit, it looks like it may be getting back into a good entry point after hitting it's 52 week high recently. Then, getting back in on AVEO before a potential FDA approval...

The timing of an AVEO announcement and then possible DVAX announcement in Q4 back-doored by an AVEO FDA announcement could lead to some real coin, and doesn't seem as pipedream-y as this typical jaw-flapping usually sounds.
FTAC2011
AG
Haven't read up on DVAX or ACRX yet. Will use some of my proceeds next week for a new opportunity though
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

Haven't read up on DVAX or ACRX yet. Will use some of my proceeds next week for a new opportunity though
Same here re: ACRX. I love sub-$5 stocks for the volume of shares you can buy.
FHUAggie
This AVEO AH run is nuts...up to $4.05 as of typing this.

EDIT: Up to $4.17 now, still on no news. I was skeptical of this thing passing $4.50 with news, but not so much any more. I would not be shocked at at all to see $5/share, maybe even more, if the positive news drops on Monday.
FTAC2011
AG
FHUAggie said:

EDIT: Up to $4.17 now, still on no news. I was skeptical of this thing passing $4.50 with news, but not so much any more. I would not be shocked at at all to see $5/share, maybe even more, if the positive news drops on Monday.

If y'all would have listened to me on page one I would have made y'all rich. (First posted at $.75)
FHUAggie
FTAC2011 said:

FHUAggie said:

If y'all would have listened to me on page one I would have made y'all rich. (First posted at $.75)

I know! I was just starting out at the time and was terrified.

I'm all in now though...any other gems for me?
FTAC2011
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aveo-oncology-announces-fotivda-tivozanib-101700299.html?.tsrc=applewf

Tivozanib APPROVED in EU. Let's see what happens
IrishTxAggie
AG
$4.95!!
FTAC2011
FTAC2011
AG
My Oct 20th $5 calls looking good right now
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dropping like a rock now. I'm holding though.
FTAC2011
AG
So volatile.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.