Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,674 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

Same here. I have a couple small buys at 3.00 and 2.36 and then a big one at 2.16.
I'm still way in the red. I bought way too much in the 3s while I was still learning. Live and learn. Now I'm just averaging down.
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

Yep. I've been adding to it, its low looks like .26. I'm At 2k shares with .38 average. Looking to add more but waiting for a change to uptrend, this might be a long, long term hold but a decently safe hold (my opinion, do your own DD)

Sooooo NVCN has gone through major dilution in order to have cash on hand to continue their current operations.

Currently, they are not in compliance with the stock price requirements and will undoubtedly undergo a reverse stock split in the coming months. Sadly, this is proof of timing being everything as my investment in a great product more than likely won't pan out as I didn't pick it at the right time.
SlackerAg
AG
Going in on NKTR (Nektar Therapeutics).
Usually uneasy with biotech, but this is darn cheap.

EDIT: Changed my mind after reading more about it
gougler08
AG
AVEO just spiked $0.10 at the last minute of trading today
WestTexAg12
AG
AKAO just tanked 16%.

Achaogen (AKAO), a biopharmaceutical company, said Tuesday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved ZEMDRI (plazomicin) for adults with complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis, caused by certain Enterobacteriaceae in patients who have limited or no alternative treatment options.

However, AKAO shares were down 10% after resuming trade after the company said it received a complete response letter (CRL) saying its study does not provide substantial evidence of effectiveness of plazomicin to treat bloodstream infection.

The company said it intends to meet with the FDA to determine whether there is a feasible resolution to address the CRL.

Where does it go from here? Surely investors will be back into it seeing that it got approval for one drug.

Update 19%. Holy cow
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Señor Chang
AG
Down 25%. Anyone buying today?
gougler08
AG
Technically, it just blew through that lower support level of around $10...so yeah I'll pass
WestTexAg12
AG
Seor Chang said:

Down 25%. Anyone buying today?

I'm not catching that falling knife. I'll give it a couple days before deciding. It's just weird that it's down, even after they got FDA approval for UTI, but knew it was going to be a struggle to get BSI approval. Shorts freaking out IMO. Hopefully in a month or so it'll be back to normal.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
B$Weigem
AG
Holy... $8.75 now
WestTexAg12
AG
I'm not sure where the reversal will be. I'm sure there will be one, but just don't know where. There was more volume just now, green side, thann has been all morning, so maybe we're close.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
AKAO and NKTR falling like rocks today. Making my portfolio look like doodoo
Ranger222
AG
A CRL was worst case scenario for AKAO. I would not be buying here. There is no upside in this name for quite some time.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Missed this on NKTR yesterday. FYI for other share holders.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareholder-alert-purcell-julie-lefkowitz-113400382.html?.tsrc=applewf
AgShaun00
AG
IS NKTR a sell?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm going to hold to see if it recovers. I'm a novice so I have no idea with the investigation. This is a first to me.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They're common with publicly traded companies. The only people that win are the lawyers. Insurance typically covers the cost.
WestTexAg12
AG
AKAO seems to have bounced a bit. Starting to settle with very little volume. What does it do from here? Personally I think this is oversold and we could see a bullish reversal. The BSI was likely to not be approved, and it's main use is UTI. I think the shorts were overly optimistic or don't realize this aspect.

I could be wrong. Any other thoughts?
Señor Chang
AG
AKAO down 6+% today to $8.32
cheeky
AG
Put in a stop on NKTR at $45. FDA decision on NKTR-181 is due any day, so this stock is likely to +/- $20 very soon. Which direction is anyone's guess.
gougler08
AG
AVEO down 8% and still going today
IrishTxAggie
AG
Same... I'm hoping for the +. My bio portfolio has been hammered lately.
Ulrich
Plenty of dips to buy right now.

I'm actually up slightly today, but this has been a rough week.
gougler08
AG
AVEO testing that resistance line at $2.40 or so
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Rgls plummeting. Woof

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/regulus-announces-strategic-corporate-restructuring-210000191.html?.tsrc=applewf
Ulrich
AVEO up 6% after hours and 9% since this morning.
gougler08
AG
Anyone know what is driving this?
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Anyone know what is driving this?

Speculation on a new EU recommendation.

https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/medicines-advice/tivozanib-fotivda-fullsubmission-133518/
Gabster43213
I picked up another 60,000 shares of OBMP on Friday. Looking forward to the future!
aggieloko
AG
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Gabster43213 said:

I picked up another 60,000 shares of OBMP on Friday. Looking forward to the future!

Can you screen shot your OBMP position?
Gabster43213
cowboy,

why do you ask? How much do you own?
Señor Chang
AG
That's about $1560. Not anything to lie about.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Gabster43213 said:

cowboy,

why do you ask? How much do you own?

I own zero, but I'm genuinely curious how many you own. Throughout this thread you've mentioned 7-8 times buying more OBMP and you've been investing in this company for years.

I'd like to get on board with you, but will feel more comfortable if your can provide more information. TIA
Ulrich
Regardless of what Gabster or anyone else owns or believes, I would go into it assuming that you'll probably never get that money back. There is a pot of gold at the end of the knife's edge path, but on one side of the path is financial insolvency and on the other is poor phase 2 results.

The odds favor either bankruptcy or a really cheap buyout, that's why it's down to 2 1/2 cents per share and management has diluted the equity dramatically over the last few months. Based on a reading of the financial statements, their governance and managerial competence are suspect.

That said, the medical technology could be a gamechanger in the treatment of one of the most common cancers. If it works, the equity has the potential to go way up (100x). They are entering phase 2 trials now.

I have a little myself, but I fully expect to wake up one morning this year to find that selling out won't even cover the transaction fee.
Gabster43213
Ulrich,

What range of price target are you talking about when you refer to a "really cheap buyout" for OBMP?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.