Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,714 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteZags said:

Gabster43213 said:

Moses,

Big news coming this week on OBMP.

what's the most amount of shares you can get in a single limit order? I've had one open for over a week at .041 for 75K then 50K then 25K without getting filled even though it's dropped below several times, how much are you getting from each order
Which brokerage are you using to try to buy them?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
In E*TRADE I had to make limit buys and specify to the extra decimal place.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I sure hope so. Really like this stock
FaceMask
Gabster, when do you foresee news coming from OBMP?
EliteZags
AG
Vanguard
MosesHallRAB04
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/70-advanced-prostate-cancer-patients-142007721.html;_ylc=X1MDMTE5Nzc4NDE4NQRfZXgDMQRfeXJpZANmcTYwdHFwZDVjaTcxBGcDZFhWcFpEeHVjejR3TVdFME5ERTVNQzFoTldSakxUTmtPREV0WWpSa09DMW1aRFJpWmpVME5ERmtNak4xZFdsa1BHNXpQazlDVFZBPQ0KBGxhbmcDZW4tVVMEb3JpZ19sYW5nA2VuBG9yaWdfcmVnaW9uA1VTBHBvcwMwBHJlZ2lvbgNVUwRzeW1ib2wDT0JNUA--?.tsrc=applewf

Positive psadt info for 70% (14/20) patients. Not sure if this is the news Gabster is referencing.

Stock has actually dipped under .03.
akaggie05
AG
I think the market is having a hard time taking OBMP seriously because they keep hyping preliminary Phase 1 findings as if it were just a small Phase 2/3. Phase 1 studies are supposed to be all about "is the drug safe?" period. With such a small sample size, and no placebo arm, the market has a right to be suspicious.
EliteZags
AG
guess I'm lucky my limit orders didn't execute til today.. got in at .0318 (60K shares) and $.0286 (30K shares)
IrishTxAggie
AG
Waiting for Scottrade to take my deposit off of restricted funds...
Gabster43213
Akaggie,

I dont' fault you at all for your comment. Well taken. IrishTxAggie, I share in your frustration as I also use Scottrade.

I do believe, IMO, that their Phase 2 study will Harvard will be announced by the end of this month. Knowing people who have personally been treated successfully for almost 20 years. Again, everyone do their own DD but I am a continued believer and investor in OBMP. Hopefully they will soon rid themselves of the last of their toxic investor (singular......one).
IrishTxAggie
AG

Took a couple hours, but my order was fulfilled at $0.0297
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Took a couple hours, but my order was fulfilled at $0.0297

Holy crap. Just tanked. I bought at .029. What the hell just happened? It tanked like 16%
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
IrishTxAggie
AG
These types of stocks are super volatile and you can't be spooked by huge swings. Basically comes down to who and when an order was placed and fullfilled. Hell, my order today accounted for a pretty sizeable chunk of the intraday trading.
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

These types of stocks are super volatile and you can't be spooked by huge swings. Basically comes down to who and when an order was placed and fullfilled. Hell, my order today accounted for a pretty sizeable chunk of the intraday trading.

Yea I'm not a fan of highly volatile stocks. I thought about setting a lower limit, but didn't think it would really go down all that far. I was dead wrong.

What would be a reason it does a sharp drop like that 10 minutes before close?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
WestTexAg12
AG
On the other hand, AKAO had a nice swing today. Hopefully it goes up a bit more in the next couple weeks
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Personally I'm hoping AKAO goes up a bunch more.
Gabster43213
With OBMP, I believe it is the result of a couple of early investors dumping shares.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$AVEO having a nice move today.

Also, an article for y'all to look over for the biotech industry.

https://www.investing.com/analysis/biotech-companies-may-be-primed-for-2018-new-regulations-fast-approval-200279483
badharambe
AG
Starting to build a new position in NVCN in the low 50's, holding out on major money in case it goes to low .30's
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bios getting hammered today. Not as bad as crypto though
Ulrich
I was curious how good you guys are at picking stocks, so I checked. My basically methodology (just using Yahoo Finance, nothing fancy) was to make a list of every ticker mentioned in a "potential buy" capacity. On the date of the initial mention, I "bought" $1,000 of the stock. Then I looked at the portfolio value today.

Please note that this is done from the perspective of a value investor, albeit on a pretty short time horizon. If your recommendations were made on a technical basis, your results in this comparison do not reflect the success of your strategy.

The Texags Bio Braintrust Fund (TBBF) invested $59,000 spread out over the last 8 months. Today, that money is worth $69,500 dollars, an EXCELLENT return by any metric. The best CAGRs in the portfolio are well over 500%. Of course, there were plenty of busts, too.

I also looked at it by poster. To avoid embarrassing anyone I'm not posting any rankings, although if anyone requests their individual results I will post them.

However, I will mention a few posters. Ranger222 had 24 of the 59 recommendations, the only poster with enough to be statistically significant. His portfolio is worth $31,000 dollars today. In terms of the volume of advice, depth of research, and return, he's ahead of the field for value provided. redsox34 only had 3 recommendations that came with minimal commentary, but all three were in the top 10, giving him an outstanding overall return but lower confidence that he can repeat it. Last, IrishTxAggie only made one initial mention and it was an utter flop, but he has provided substantial positive commentary on other stocks with a wide range of returns. I think that if we made a list of "buy ratings" by poster, he would vault into second after Ranger222.
FTAC2011
AG
Ulrich said:

I was curious how good you guys are at picking stocks, so I checked. My basically methodology (just using Yahoo Finance, nothing fancy) was to make a list of every ticker mentioned in a "potential buy" capacity. On the date of the initial mention, I "bought" $1,000 of the stock. Then I looked at the portfolio value today.

Please note that this is done from the perspective of a value investor, albeit on a pretty short time horizon. If your recommendations were made on a technical basis, your results in this comparison do not reflect the success of your strategy.

The Texags Bio Braintrust Fund (TBBF) invested $59,000 spread out over the last 8 months. Today, that money is worth $69,500 dollars, an EXCELLENT return by any metric. The best CAGRs in the portfolio are well over 500%. Of course, there were plenty of busts, too.

I also looked at it by poster. To avoid embarrassing anyone I'm not posting any rankings, although if anyone requests their individual results I will post them.

However, I will mention a few posters. Ranger222 had 24 of the 59 recommendations, the only poster with enough to be statistically significant. His portfolio is worth $31,000 dollars today. In terms of the volume of advice, depth of research, and return, he's ahead of the field for value provided. redsox34 only had 3 recommendations that came with minimal commentary, but all three were in the top 10, giving him an outstanding overall return but lower confidence that he can repeat it. Last, IrishTxAggie only made one initial mention and it was an utter flop, but he has provided substantial positive commentary on other stocks with a wide range of returns. I think that if we made a list of "buy ratings" by poster, he would vault into second after Ranger222.

Nice. Thanks for doing that. Probably took a lot of time.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Juno Therapeutics is one to keep an eye on.
Celgene reportedly in talks to buy Juno

Shot up 40% after-hours. I unloaded my position at $64.50. Was in it for $46.00
Ulrich
A couple hours to read through the thread, look up the numbers, and hack together the spreadsheet. Would have been faster but my computer is being an ass.

I think healthcare and bio are going to be great places to be invested, but I've got no background whatsoever so I was thinking about using you guys for ideas... this was part of my due diligence.
Bird Poo
AG
Ulrich said:

A couple hours to read through the thread, look up the numbers, and hack together the spreadsheet. Would have been faster but my computer is being an ass.

I think healthcare and bio are going to be great places to be invested, but I've got no background whatsoever so I was thinking about using you guys for ideas... this was part of my due diligence.
This is fantastic!

Gabster43213
OBMP had another 1.35 million today in volumn. Started at .027 and went to .05 before settling at .03. Volumn has been huge the past 4-5 days. Looking forward to announcement of Harvard Phase 2 study by the end of this month.
FDXAg
IrishTxAggie
AG
badharambe said:

Starting to build a new position in NVCN in the low 50's, holding out on major money in case it goes to low .30's

Good call here. Got in at $.52. Up 32% since I bought in on the 17th.
OnlyForNow
AG
Don't tempt me. I've bought 4 bios since Halloween. Every single one has gone down since I bought and have not come back up to my purchase price.
agsdocdo
AG
Hang in there , checkout BPMX,PTN,AVEO,CYTX
Best of luck for all
CNH III
akaggie05
AG
Anyone interested in NWBO? Phase 3 trial for glioblastoma (immunotherapy treatment) ending soon. I attended their annual shareholder meeting over the weekend and got to pick the brain of their executive staff quite a bit. In parallel with the trial wrapping up, they are anticipating an article in a major medical journal soon.
AgShaun00
AG
I own cytk and up 24%. Also i am up 22% on BIB ETF and SBIO been real good for me. I sold my ESPR way too early. I was up 300% and now $20 higher. RDUS is another that done well. PTLA is one i just got into.
redsox34
AG
Use a stop loss.
aggiehunter3
AG
akaggie05 said:

Anyone interested in NWBO? Phase 3 trial for glioblastoma (immunotherapy treatment) ending soon. I attended their annual shareholder meeting over the weekend and got to pick the brain of their executive staff quite a bit. In parallel with the trial wrapping up, they are anticipating an article in a major medical journal soon.
It's on Adam F's bad list. I've seen what his tweets can do to a stock....
Ranger222
AG
wow! hadn't been by this thread in a while. Pretty cool analysis and didn't realize I had thrown so many names out there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.