Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,688 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
Gabster43213
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WestTexAg,

10-Q is widely expected to be out this week followed, certainly, by PR which has probably been shelved until last week's completion of 10-K and this week's expected release of 10-Q. If PR reports recruitment of patients for Harvard study and some good news on Texas study, I would not be surprised if we are back to 10 cents again.
WestTexAg12
AG
Gabster43213 said:

WestTexAg,

10-Q is widely expected to be out this week followed, certainly, by PR which has probably been shelved until last week's completion of 10-K and this week's expected release of 10-Q. If PR reports recruitment of patients for Harvard study and some good news on Texas study, I would not be surprised if we are back to 10 cents again.

Wouldn't that be nice. It could use some good PR in light of how mysterious they are with news.

I've about decided however that I'm going to stick it out with half of my investment to .50, then ride out the rest long term if this continues through the FDA process.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
WestTexAg12
AG
Volume is already 1.2mm this morning for OBMP. Someone made a large purchase.

Was up 17% to .044, now down to .042.

ETA: shoot, dropped back to .0385
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
Gabster43213
Yes, WTAg, someone put $40,000 into it this morning and did not care that it was the high end ask. Very interesting.
AggiePeeps06
AG
What platform do y'all use to trade most of these? Robinhood doesn't have them listed
IrishTxAggie
AG
Robinhood has most of the stocks discussed here.

OBMP being the main exception, I use TD Ameritrade.
Gabster43213
I use TD Ameritrade.
Ulrich
The trick, I have found, is to wait for all of you to ride a stock down, then step on board. I didn't spend much on OBMP but my cost basis is only .02.
WestTexAg12
AG
Ulrich said:

The trick, I have found, is to wait for all of you to ride a stock down, then step on board. I didn't spend much on OBMP but my cost basis is only .02.

Ha I hate you. I think mine for OBMP is around .032. I heavily debated buying a lot more when it was down to .014. Dang I wish I would have now.
AgShaun00
AG
bought twice at .014 and sold for in the .02s and now back in at .032
OlArmy01
AG
Hope no one was riding the NKTR wave
AgShaun00
AG
i am about to buyin on the big drop
Chief 12
AgShaun00 said:

BUY THE DIP
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Chief 12 said:

AgShaun00 said:

BUY THE DIP

What's the highlight on the company and the reasons me for the huge dip? I'm looking into it but interested in others thoughts
AgShaun00
AG
from newsletter i get.

Quote:

On Thursday, we sent you an alert to buy drug developer Nektar Therapeutics (Nasdaq: NKTR) before it released its latest data at the American Society of Clinical Oncology ("ASCO") conference in Chicago.

I'm at ASCO right now and I've seen Nektar's data... It's great. The same patients on its drug keep getting better.
See, every patient in Nektar's trial is tracked on a "waterfall graph."
For any given patient, the best outcome you'd hope to see is a fall in the target tumor size by 100%. And keep in mind that these trials are still running... So as more patients have their tumors shrink, each line keeps falling.
What this means is that over time, people's immune systems are fighting their cancer and clearing it. That's exactly what you'd want to see in an immunotherapy trial: a robust and durable response.
But something about Nektar's data has stymied Wall Street which is why the stock is in free fall today, down about 40% as I write this.
Nektar added a new goal to its waterfall graph, which is becoming totally cancer-free. It's this new, higher standard that makes Nektar's data hard to compare with the historical immunotherapy data from its Big Pharma partner, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY).
And yet, that's what all of us would dream about if we or our loved ones were fighting cancer...
You can see this from Nektar's Phase I data, which was just updated for ASCO.

Notice that these were the same 11 end-stage cancer patients with their progress measured at two points in time...
  • In November, three patients had their tumors shrink by 80%, and two cleared all of it.
  • And then last week, the data show us that seven out of these 11 patients had 80% shrinkage, and three cleared everything.
Ask anyone with stage IV cancer that had spread throughout their bodies if they'd like these odds.
Note, though, this trial still isn't over. And we expect to see more positive responses over time...
That's because all the rest of Nektar's data shows continual improvement, too.
For example, take its lung data. There are only five people in this part of the Phase I trial, so it's hard to draw conclusions from the data. Still, in November one of five had a complete response. But now two out of five have no sign of cancer.
These other three did not have their cancer progress over the last six months. That's also a sort of win. Indeed, "stable disease" is new with immunotherapy. It means a cancer has stopped growing.
However, the open question investors and Wall Street are focused on is whether Nektar's combination data is better than Bristol-Myers' Opdivo drug alone.
To understand this concern, you need to know that a company named Incyte (INCY) failed a Phase III trial in April...
Incyte was developing an IDO-1 drug, epacadostat, to boost Merck's (MRK) immunotherapy drug, Keytruda. But in a head-to-head trial of Keytruda alone compared with Keytruda plus epacadostat, there was no difference. So the company abandoned its clinical trial... and Incyte's share price plunged.
If you are a Nektar shareholder, you're also experiencing this sort of share-price pain today.
But clinically, the difference between Incyte and Nektar is profound...
See, Nektar and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") set a bar for Nektar's trials that's well beyond what's expected from Opdivo alone.
At ASCO, we saw data from three different kinds of cancer so far advanced skin cancer, kidney cancer, and bladder cancer as a first-line therapy, before chemotherapy. All three trials ended in success... skipping over Phase II trials and moving directly to Phase III pivotal trials.
And here's the patient-level data for these trials ending as of late May 2018:
  • Fourteen of 28 stage IV skin cancer patients had tumors shrink by more than 30%, while six still have stable disease.
  • Twelve of 26 stage IV kidney cancer patients had tumors shrink by more than 30%, while five still have stable disease.
  • Six of 10 stage IV bladder cancer patients had tumors shrink by more than 30%, while three still have stable disease.
Again, note that there's still noise in the data, so Phase III trials are needed to show statistical success. Nektar and Bristol-Myers will run these trials, and they could require as many as 750 patients each. So approval for Nektar's cancer drug is not imminent. But now we have an end date to work with.
These trials should start in the third quarter of this year, and they should finish in less than two years after the trials fill up. For investors, this means a 2021 read out to establish statistical success over Opdivo.
So far, every month that Nektar has used this drug combination, its patients keep getting healthier.

MosesHallRAB04
AG
How far do you expect the dip to go?
AgShaun00
AG
it up today and looking to break a few resistant levels. I bought today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OBMP taking it on the chin today. Down ~20%
tramaro1
AG
Thoughts on BPMX?
Ulrich
Liquidity is so small that I don't really care about day to day movements no matter the size. It's either going to skyrocket or file for bankruptcy, and we won't know which until it happens.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Completely agree! It's a blind dart throw for me. Just thought it was reportable since several here have some skin in it.
Ulrich
I'm rich again! Back up to .038.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ulrich said:

Dammit!! TD Ameritrade hasn't released my deposit yet! I wanted to buy the dip!!
Ulrich
IrishTxAggie said:

Ulrich said:

Dammit!! TD Ameritrade hasn't released my deposit yet! I wanted to buy the dip!!

Based on its history, there will be plenty more dips.
Gabster43213
This week should be an interesting week for OBMP.
AgShaun00
AG
Gabster43213 said:

This week should be an interesting week for OBMP.
Why
Ulrich
The 10Q is just going to show a terrible cash situation, right? Anything really good would get it's own press release.

They really need to figure out how to value their derivatives, that's a terrible excuse for holding up financials.
Bird Poo
AG
Is .24 still a good price to enter?
gougler08
AG
AVEO up 5% today...any reason?
Ulrich
Relatively large volume today evidently on block purchases, but I don't see anything really obvious from a news standpoint.
gougler08
AG
Ulrich said:

Relatively large volume today evidently on block purchases, but I don't see anything really obvious from a news standpoint.
Yeah I didn't either...interesting
IrishTxAggie
AG
I added at $2.26 today, but I wasn't the volume. One day maybe...
59 South
AG
Still in the falling wedge but a good sign that it will break up in the near to medium term.

Needs to get to about 2.50 with more volume and hold..then could make a run. Strong move closer to the upper range of the wedge than the lower... wedge currently about 2.00 - 2.48.

If it breaks and holds above 2.50 I think it runs up to trade in the 3-3.50 range for awhile until their Phase 3 news comes out later this year.

Oops, doesn't look as good with the drop back down just now.

cheeky
AG
OlArmy01 said:

Have been watching for a buying opportunity. Bought it around 56 when it plummeted.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Stagecoach said:

OlArmy01 said:

Have been watching for a buying opportunity. Bought it around 56 when it plummeted.
Bought in at 52.80

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.