Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,760 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
Aggzwin00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://insiderfinancial.com/intelgenx-technologies-corp-otcmktsigxt-has-a-july-full-of-catalysts
Aggzwin00
http://oracledispatch.com/2017/06/28/intelgenx-technologies-corp-otcmktsigxt-needs-radar/
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

$SGMO offering after the bell...tough

2 recent trades I made:
I bought $AXSM yesterday morning at the bell based on purely on tech analysis and got lucky. It ripped 23% over the last two days, so I decided to go ahead and take the quick gains. They have multiple drugs with phase 3 trials and data readouts expected this quarter, so should be pretty good R/R. They completed an offering in March, so I imagine they should have enough cash to finish the trials (have not looked into their burn rate).

I bought $GNCA this morning as it tested the 200 MA this morning and held. Stop loss set just below the 200 day.
Update on the trades, as things are slow at work today and I'm mentally checked out.

$AXSM absolutely went beast mode after I sold reaching a high of $6.10. It's currently sitting slightly below the 200 day at $5.40. A bit more pullback and could be a good r/r entry into several expected data readouts.
Axsome pipeline

$GNCA has floated between the 200 day and $5.50 area since I bought. I'm still holding.
$GNCA Chart

I entered $rigl at $2.78 yesterday. Although it dipped below the 200 day, it recovered before close and is continuing to find some support at the 200 day.
$RIGL Chart

I continue to hold some $CBMX, a company that specializes in pre-implantation diagnostics and screening, prenatal and miscarriage analysis and pediatric development disorders, offering DNA testing for detecting genetic abnormalities. I originally bought at $3.15 based purely on technical analysis and continued to buy until my average was $4.2. I've sold along the way to lock in ~40% profit. As I've held, I began some fundamental analysis that has me more intrigued of the long term prospects. The company is projecting cash flow positive by q4 reducing the risk for additional equity offerings. Further, revenues and margins are significantly improving and the company is moving towards positive EPS.
FTAC2011
AG
http://www.biospace.com/News/5-biotechs-awaiting-big-news-from-the-fda-in-july/461649?
Ranger222
AG
I bought DVAX at $6 right before the ASCO 17 conference at the beginning of the month. They're at $10 now. Not sure if I'll hold until the FDA decision at the end of the month.
IrishTxAggie
AG
CYTR under $.60. This has generally represented a good buying opportunity.
09Ag
AG
What are your thoughts on the potential reverse split being voted on this month for CYTR? Seems to be scaring off a lot of people.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Vote isn't happening until next week. As of now, I'm not too concerned about it because I have usually pumped and dumped this stock. I likely won't be holding any of it come next Wednesday.
09Ag
AG
Do you think it will bounce back this week? I still have some at .66, but starting to wonder if I should just take my loss on it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO rocking today.
FTAC2011
AG
ColinAggie said:

AVEO rocking today.

Highest I have seen in in three years of trading it
FTAC2011
AG
Are you still buying or are you holding your position?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I bought more AVEO yesterday.

If you're talking about RAD, I took my hit and dumped it
FTAC2011
AG
Aveo
IrishTxAggie
AG
I've been picking up more over the last couple days and I'm now cost averages in at $1.90
FTAC2011
AG
Another huge day for Aveo so far. I wish I would thrown the farm at it at $.60
what say you
Do things look positive for AVEO to get approved in Europe? If so, how high do you think they can go?
IrishTxAggie
AG
what say you said:

Do things look positive for AVEO to get approved in Europe? If so, how high do you think they can go?
Things look very good for the EU approval due to them getting the nod from the board that the EU bases their decisions off of.
FTAC2011
AG
Ive read multiple sites set their target at $3, but anything could happen. The approval (if it is approved) from the EU should come anytime within the next 50 days or so. They also will be releasing Phase 3 trial results in Q1 2018. That will be a huge indicator of how this company will shake out.
Cancelled
AG
I'm in FBIOX with fidelity. It's made gains against significant losses but for some reason, it toys with getting into the black, but every time it's close, it drops 2%. It's very frustrating. I just figure it's bound to explode.
FTAC2011
AG
I'm in it as well. I $ cost average every month though and currently up 6% over two years which is bad, but I agree I'm sticking to it. It had a ton off losses last year and has been making up ground since
Cancelled
AG
I dollar cost avg on all my mutual funds. We will see.
FTAC2011
AG
Another big day for Aveo in the books. I hope you're still holding
HC
redsox34 said:

FOLD is starting to move. +8% today and +25% since May 9 earnings.

Also, outlay of $450,000 was spent on Sept $10 calls today. $1 per contract.

I added more at $7.70 towards end of last week.
FOLD up 24% just this morning!
redsox34
AG
HC said:

redsox34 said:

FOLD is starting to move. +8% today and +25% since May 9 earnings.

Also, outlay of $450,000 was spent on Sept $10 calls today. $1 per contract.

I added more at $7.70 towards end of last week.
FOLD up 24% just this morning!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amicus-therapeuticss-soars-on-heavy-volume-after-fda-clears-nda-submission-for-fabry-disease-treatment-2017-07-11?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Yep! finally got the news I was looking for, not to mention someone spent 2 million on calls at the end of last week.

Now the hard part of when to sell.
09Ag
AG
CYTR up big on news that the RS was voted down and no dilution. Also positive news on SCLC. Glad I held on to my shares through the meeting.
PatriotAg98
AG
FOLD w/a $225 mil offering...
HC
PatriotAg98 said:

what does that mean and why is it bad?
redsox34
AG
HC said:

PatriotAg98 said:

what does that mean and why is it bad?
The company is raising more money by selling new shares, essentially dilution.

Down 7% in after hours right now.
HC
Thanks for the easy explanation
PatriotAg98
AG
What pisses me off is they already had ~$280mil in cash according to their last earnings report, enough to 'fund Into the second half of 2018.'
akaggie05
AG
Do or die time for NWBO...
09Ag
AG
Any guess on when we will see the catalysts for IGXT? I can't find much info on the stock.
Ranger222
AG
Yesterday a panel of outside experts voted 10-0 to approve Novartis' ($NVS) CAR-T therapy. FDA will announce its decision in October on approval of the therapy.

Quote:

"I think this is most exciting thing I've seen in my lifetime," said Dr. Tim Cripe, an oncologist with Nationwide Children's Hospital on Columbus, Ohio and an expert who weighed in on CTL019 at Wednesday's FDA panel.

CTL019 is a customized treatment made by harvesting patients' white blood cells and rewiring them to home in on tumors. It's the first CAR-T therapy to come before the FDA, leading a pack of novel treatments that promise to change the standard of care for certain aggressive blood cancers.
Source

Novartis' therapy is for leukemia. $KITE will also benefit from this as they have a similar CAR-T therapy for lymphoma. They are in front of the FDA in November. $JUNO is yet another CAR-T therapy provider and they are developing a treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.

This is a good time to get into the CAR-T cell space as an investor. Still a lot of room to grow, but the technology is at the point were a lot of the risks for investors are reduced.
akaggie05
AG
NWBO up 25% today. Speculation is that they've hit the final event needed to unblind and eventually release results of the DCVax phase 3 trial. Although their technology is built on dendritic cells, they could also possibly be getting a lift out of recent CAR-T news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.