Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,769 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ColinAggie said:

They have other cancer drugs in the pipeline.
what is your long term strategy? Is this something you want to hold into an acquisition? If one doesn't come do you plan to hold for 1 year, 2, 5, etc?
IrishTxAggie
AG
If an acquisition doesn't happen, I'm willing to ride it long term. This phase 3 is performed in response to an FDA request for another one. I feel with the EU approval, the FDA will be have little reason not to pass it this time.
agsdocdo
AG
I like your thinking on Biotech with that what genetic companies out there do you recommend. Thanks
EliteZags
AG
MNKD up about 240% in the past week after FDA approval of Afrezza label change, finally rising from the dead?
Reload8098
AG
Is this stock still a buy?
EliteZags
AG
you'd think inhalable insulin would be dynamite but there's been so many obstacles for the company, I'm holding buncha shares from way before FDA 2014
FHUAggie
Been watching AVEO the past few days, and checking out past trends.

The past three spikes have been proceeded by steady dips last from 6-8 day (4-6 trading days) before heading back up.

- On August 28th it hit a 52-week high of $3.84 after EU approval. It then bled off .52/share until September 5th. That's a period of 6 trading days before climbing back up.

- On September 7th it spiked at to a new 52-week high of $3.99/share around a conference presentation with positive sentiments as JAZZ buyout rumors. This then bled off .50/share until September 13th, when it started to climb again. That's a period of 4 trading days before climbing back up.

- On Thursday, October 5th, it spiked to a new 52-week high in after-hours trading of $4.97. It has since then dropped to a current AH price of $3.75/share, or bleeding off over a $1.22 since 10/05's AH trading. It's been 3 trading days since that $4.97 spike.

It seems like a trend may be forming, where after a 52-week high spike, give AVEO a 4-6 day trading period to 'cool off', buy back in, and ride up until the next news event and sell it at announcement. As we've learned, AVEO doesn't seem to hold value after even some pretty significant announcements.

Of course, this is not a science, and there's not a confirmed news event coming up soon (soonest seems like Q1FY18) that I'm aware of outside of a surprise announcement re: a buyout, but, if you're looking for a period to buy back in perhaps tomorrow through Thursday are the days to do it, whether you're going long or doing pump and dump.

I'm certainly considering getting back in starting tomorrow.
badharambe
AG
as someone that trys to look at TA as much if not more than fundamentals, I really like this pattern you are analyzing.....along with that, heres the trend lines I drew, which makes it look like a nice buy right now.

i haven't touched aveo yet.....except back in march when it was .70 and sold it at .75, 700 shares (sigh)
Ragoo
AG
Don't spend it all in one place.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hope some of y'all took some profits on MNKD. Looks like it's coming back down a good bit. Might be an opportunity to enter coming.
BB675
AG
Bought into CLSN this morning at $4.85 , it has been up to $5.50 this afternoon.
FHUAggie
badharambe said:

as someone that trys to look at TA as much if not more than fundamentals, I really like this pattern you are analyzing.....along with that, heres the trend lines I drew, which makes it look like a nice buy right now.

i haven't touched aveo yet.....except back in march when it was .70 and sold it at .75, 700 shares (sigh)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the chart! I'd love a break down of what all of the trend lines are/what they mean in analysis, if you have time/willing to share. While I understand the value and nature of TA, you just saw the extent of my technical analysis, though I have been working through Investopedia's content to improve it.
Ranger222
AG
Two stocks to look out for --

$TGTX -- seems to be battling around $12 right now. Has two near-term catalysts to watch out for -- TG-1101 (CD20 antibody) for a Phase 2a in multiple sclerosis on October 26th (abstract release the 15th). Additionally they have a pre-BLA meeting with the FDA in November about their Phase 3 GENUINE study for TG-1101 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In that study, 78% of patients had an overall response rate (ORR) for the combo of TG-1101 + ibrutinib compared to 45% with ibrutnib alone. Amazingly, 7% had a complete response rate! The drug should be approvable on this trial data even though ORR will be the key endpoint. Now is the chance to get in with the stock hovering around $12. It could triple in 6 months. A better breakdown on the company and all of the data can be found here. To me, this is one of the most undervalued biotech stocks around that has catalysts upcoming and is derisked since we already have Phase 3 data for TG-1101 in hand. Should TG-1101 show good efficacy in MS, then that is even better. None of the MS potential profits have been factored into company value as of right now,

$TRIL -- this is one stock I have recently purchased. This is a very small biotech -- thy have a $60 million market cap as of today. They make an antibody against CD47 which is highly expressed in cancer cells and is a signal to other immune cells to not eat. The good news -- they have $60 million in cash. So you're getting the stock with $0 in pipeline and enterprise value. Company insiders bought stock in August, and hiring for this company picked up in September. Just today they announced a new board member who is very well respected within the field. They also have data upcoming in the next few months. All signs seem to point that this stock may have bottomed at the $4 level, and may rise up from here. It was trading at $25-30 in 2015. Would take some time to work to those levels, but I think this could be a nice swing trade idea in the next few months leading to data.
EliteZags
AG
TGTX looks interesting, anyone else have thoughts
IrishTxAggie
AG
FDA ****s AcelRx. No approval. Stock is tanking. Glad I got out of this one and dumped it into AVEO.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acelrx-pharmaceuticals-receives-complete-response-letter-from-the-fda-for-dsuvia-nda-300535506.html
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I was just about to post that. ACRX getting pummeled
OlArmy01
AG
Reading through the ACRX CRL letter, it appears to be a manageable remediation. I'm unsure of the size of the early phase 1 studies they conducted, however, I believe that a smaller phase 1 study to bring the total number of subject to 50 should be reasonable to assess the safety of DSUVIA at the maximum amount described in the proposed labeling for the treatment. The HF study should be completed quickly and I'm generally surprised they did not have that information present in the application. FDA has been very focused on HF studies as of late and from what I've read on the ACRX studies, they had a few issues with the involvement of missing doses etc. I'm still in on ACRX as I believe they will make the corrections and gain approval. Short term pains, long term gains.

Part of my concern is the opiod factor and the politics involved. I think 10 years ago, this drug would have been approved without question.
OlArmy01
AG
In addition, it's other drug Zalviso received a CRL in 2014, but is marketed in the EU and provides a revenue stream. It has an NDA resubmission due at the end of 2017 and this event can be viewed as a fallback option for would-be buyers of ACRX today. Both drugs completed their phase 3 trials successfully, and Zalviso also completed the FDA-requested additional trial.
COAg15
AG
AVEO getting hit hard today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think the opioid factor is a bit overblown with ACRX because of the way its administered. You can't get a script for the stuff. Access for abuse seems to be a non-factor due to it being administered only under supervised settings. I agree with everything you stated and I actually see now being a damn good entry point for ACRX.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just bought more...
OlArmy01
AG
Don't get me wrong, I feel that the opioid factor is overblown as well, but it is a front and center case with FDA / public. Even though the delivery method is different, it can still lead to abuse. All opioids are considered schedule 2 drugs, yet they are some of the most abused drugs currently in the marketplace.

I'm going to let me account recover a bit and then buy back in as well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It seems BIO stocks are getting hammered across the board today.
badharambe
AG
I hope you were able to get some NLNK, it's up today on BAC 22$ PT. if you're not in, I wouldn't buy today unless its clear that shorts are being squeezed.
badharambe
AG
im sure you can find a bunch of youtube videos on this topic. But I would start here:

OnlyForNow
AG
Nope. I seem to miss th boat on some of these things
what say you
AVEO... am I missing something? Down almost 10% since Wednesday's close.
FTAC2011
AG
Nothing unusual. Let it ride. Not for the faint of heart
IrishTxAggie
AG
Still buying. Bringing my avg. cost down a good bit the past couple days.
what say you
Got in at $3.74...
aggiehunter3
AG
I bought a starter in SGMO at $14.55...holding the trend line
09Ag
AG
AUPH is running today. Building up to new indications announcement on 10/20. I may take some profits towards the end of next week, as it typically crashes back down to 6.3 after news.
Ragoo
AG
what say you said:

Got in at $3.74...

the TA says to stay in cash
https://www.americanbulls.com/SignalPage.aspx?lang=en&Ticker=AVEO
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

I bought a starter in SGMO at $14.55...holding the trend line

Upward channel held and nice recovery at the end of the day. I know this one was noted early in the thread, so I'm late to the party.
Ragoo
AG
EliteZags said:

TGTX looks interesting, anyone else have thoughts
down 14.5% this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.