Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,754 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone considering buy?
Ragoo
AG
TGTX, MNKD and AVEO down big again today

https://www.americanbulls.com/SignalPage.aspx?lang=en&Ticker=AVEO

https://www.americanbulls.com/SignalPage.aspx?lang=en&Ticker=TGTX

https://www.americanbulls.com/SignalPage.aspx?lang=en&Ticker=MNKD
EliteZags
AG
thoughts on buying TGTX still?
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

aggiehunter3 said:

I bought a starter in SGMO at $14.55...holding the trend line

Upward channel held and nice recovery at the end of the day. I know this one was noted early in the thread, so I'm late to the party.
Guess I should have sold the 6% pop yesterday morning...
badharambe
AG
Quote:

Ranger 22 said:

TGTX Has two near-term catalysts to watch out for -- TG-1101 (CD20 antibody) for a Phase 2a in multiple sclerosis on October 26th (abstract release the 15th). Additionally they have a pre-BLA meeting with the FDA in November about their Phase 3 GENUINE study for TG-1101 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

i dont play many binary outcomes, so I'll be waiting til after 10/26 or selling before (not currently in). I am waiting for a technical reversal pattern either doji reversal candle, or a green candle that engulfs a red one.
that's just how I play.
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

All,

In my first post, I discussed $PLX, which is one of my long holds with little money involved. Full Disclosure: I have a rather high average (around $.90) in PLX and believe that it is at a great price here in the low .5's. The recent price action makes me believe that we have reached the bottom (absorption volume buying). They currently have funding through 2019 and are beginning to sell one of their successful products, which should help bring in added revenue.

PLX broke out today, hit a high of .67.

upcoming catalysts:
- Phase 2 results from clinical trials for OPRX-106 for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. (Due second half of 2017)

- Potential Recognition from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and/or a CFF developmental grant.
Ranger222
AG
Yeah, TGTX took a hit on Monday after they released a PR note that they had met with the FDA and indicated that their Phase III endpoint for the GENUINE trail probably won't be enough to pass submission. Here is the *good* news -- the FDA seemed to indicate that the data from the currently ongoing UNITY trial could be paired with GENUINE for submission. So we are looking at a potential 6-9 month setback. So here is the deal -- the real prize is going to be TG-1202 which is being used in combo with TG-1101 in UNITY and hopefully the FDA will approve both drugs in the combo treatment of CLL. Meanwhile we still have TG-1101 in MS, but that data is just in Phase II.

Short-term -- probably not going to be a play and pop like I was hoping in this quarter with positive FDA approval notes and MS data. Long-term we're still ok, our timeline just got pushed back 6-9 months. I'm holding because my cumulative costs per share were around $10, so I'm not in too much of a hole, but don't plan on seeing any type of run until December at best, if not into Q2 2018.

Meanwhile, $TRIL looks to be starting its run with a lot of press recently on anti-CD47 drugs.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
OBMP recently announced trial initiation. I'm not in it yet but am considering it. Super cheap stock with potential for an upswing. Would depend on the trials obviously.
what say you
any new insights on AVEO?
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-why-aveo-pharmaceuticals-dropped-195500923.html
agsdocdo
AG
Any thoughts on PTN?
what say you
Buying into AVEO when I did has not felt good. I'm down nearly 25%... is there a time when you just cut losses and get out? I realize that the answer has a lot to do with my own "threshold of pain" and beliefs about what this stock will do in the future.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Welcome to volatility in the market. It's all about what you can stomach. If you feel like you missed, cut and run. If you've done your due diligence and think there is still potential and people are just trying to short it (happens all the time) stay in. You have to make up your own decision. Me, I'm in for the long haul on AVEO and yes, I'm in the red right now in five figures, but I'm not concerned.
Ranger222
AG
Biotech sector has been pretty rough these last couple of weeks. Both IBB and XBI have seen a pullback from recent highs in September. I'm hoping the recent pullback to the $82 area in XBI will see a bounce from this area of support, but time will tell. Not sure where we will go if this area doesn't hold. Hopefully earnings, potentially some deals and abstract release of the December ASH meeting will get some money flowing back in.

Ranger222
AG
And.........Celgene completely crapped the bed with their earnings and downtrend in future guidance. Stock is going to see 52 week lows. Celgene is going to pull the rest of biotech down with them today.

TGTX data -- MS data looks good. Was up 5% premarket on data release, but again Celgene is pulling the rest of biotech down with them.

TGTX data announcement

Poster 1

Poster 2

OlArmy01
AG
Aveo earnings out tomorrow. Fingers crossed
IrishTxAggie
AG
Edit:

Never mind. Back on for today i guess.
Ranger222
AG
$XBI update --

May have just seen the formation of a double bottom here. Will need to see the right side of the "W" form to confirm, but it is encouraging we are green today when the rest of the market looks down. Hopefully we are finally getting out of recent downtrend that lasted most of October. The 50 day SMA is at 84.52, so we'll need to break through that to really feel good.

ASH (American Society of Hematology) conference abstract release was this past Wednesday, and we saw some uptick in a couple of names. Biggest winner was JUNO, a player in the Car-T cancer space. They're a 16% (!) gainer today. They might run a little bit since the Car-T space is hot, and KITE pharma was recently acquired by Gilead. They are big partners with Celgene, and Celgene got recently smacked and could be looking for M&A deals to boast their pipeline.

Another big winner was the previously mentioned $TRIL, who posted positive update on their anti-CD47 therapy. Their market cap is only ~$90 million right now so still a very small biotech, but rumors are we could see a big pharma partner in the next couple of months around the ASH conference, with a deal for $100 million+. That would double their market cap. Still plenty of time to get in after this company now is a bit derisked and ride the stock to $16-20 in the short term.

Other ASH conference plays I like -- Stemline $STML and Glycomemetics $GLYC. Got into them pre-ASH abstract release and have seen a great bounce in $STML already. Not sure how much will be left to squeeze, but could see this +25% near ASH. $GLYC also had recent highs near $14, and we could see it grind back up that way from the current $11. Both 2-3 month plays.

Looking into $ADMS right now -- their new Parkinson's drug recently got FDA approval in August and is heading into launch Q4 or early Q1 2018. A couple of larger hedge funds have recently invested creating some headlines and price targets from $80-100 from the current $26. This will all be about the success of the launch. It's derisked and I don't mind putting some money along with the big boys to try and grab a 4X return over the next couple of years. $MRNS is another smaller company in the neuro space that could run in the next few quarters along with $SAGE.

Other things I'm watching -- $DVAX FDA approval Nov 9, potential $PRTK buyout, $AKAO Phase III data and $ONCS is on my radar as a possible quick penny stock trade
IrishTxAggie
AG
Slated for the 7th now.
aggiehunter3
AG
Haven't made many moves lately, but yesterday i bought a starter position in PRTK 21.7 and this morning i went heavy into CELG at $98.3 for a long term play.
Gabster43213
MosesHallRA,

I am big believer in OBMP. Phase I trials showed great success and phase 2 trials should begin in the next few weeks. I know of one individual who is in his 19th year of being treated successfully with the drug going through trials. I continue to buy shares on a regular basis.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Where are you buying? I can't on E*TRADE I don't think
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Any AVEO people have any updates. I had a sell take place so I'm looking to my next buy. It's down over the last couple months but it would be a longer hold.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Quarterly results are scheduled for pre-market 11/8 (The date has changed 3 times now I think). They've beat projections by a couple cents 3 of the past 4 quarters. Expected EPS is -$0.05. I'm thinking it might be closer to EPS -$0.03. Nothing big to announce until January. I'm long on AVEO
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Yeah. I've been wanting to get into AVEO but had to wait. Too new to this to have a bunch of irons I. The fire.

It's not bio but twmjf, Canada weed company, just doubled my money. Been going up steady. I took my 2x and ran but think it still has a ways to go.
JustPanda
AG
Canopy Growth is the company name. GWPH is a biotech cannabis play. TWMJF had 10% of the outstanding shares bought by STZ last week to market a hemp soda and infused beverages in legal markets.

Discloser: I have a positions in both TWMJF and GWPH
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO coming in at EPS -0.22... My prediction didn't account for the excluding loss due to change in fair value of warrant liability. So on paper it is -0.22, but it is actually an adjusted loss of 0.02/share.
Quote:

Net loss for Q3 2017 was $26.4 million, or a loss of $0.22 per basic and diluted share, compared with a net loss of $5.0 million, or a loss of $0.07 per basic and diluted share for Q3 2016. Approximately $23.5 million of the net loss was a non-cash loss attributable to the increase in the fair value of the warrant liability that was recorded in Q3 2017 that principally resulted from the increase in the stock price that occurred within the quarter. In Q3 2016, the non-cash gain attributable to fair value of the warrant liability was $1.2 million.

Ranger222
AG
$ONCS +80% today
Ranger222
AG
DVAX's hepatitis B vaccine 'Heplisav-B' was approved by the FDA today and received a favorable label with no major warnings. This was very good news. The stock has jumped 15% after hours. There is still some meat on the bone here -- they will be looking for a partner for distribution with money up front. Most likely candidate will be Merck, who they also have a Phase II study with for another drug candidate in combo with Keytruda for metastatic melanoma. That data readout will also be in early 2018. We could see multiple PT upgrades from analysts after today into the lower to mid 30s.
FTAco07
AG
Ranger222 said:

DVAX's hepatitis B vaccine 'Heplisav-B' was approved by the FDA today and received a favorable label with no major warnings. This was very good news. The stock has jumped 15% after hours. There is still some meat on the bone here -- they will be looking for a partner for distribution with money up front. Most likely candidate will be Merck, who they also have a Phase II study with for another drug candidate in combo with Keytruda for metastatic melanoma. That data readout will also be in early 2018. We could see multiple PT upgrades from analysts after today into the lower to mid 30s.
I've been riding this wave off and on, up and down, for a few years. I've done reasonably well buying and selling over that time, but today was a great day a long time in the making. Here's hoping for a big move tomorrow, but I'm holding out for a 3 handle before I hit the sell button for the final time.
what say you
Irish... can you please explain what this means? I am pretty new at all of this. Thank you
Gabster43213
Moses,

I hear there is a BIG announcement coming on OBMP within the next two weeks.
Gabster43213
To say that I am looking for every single dollar I can find to invest in OBMP is an understatement. Do your own DD.
IrishTxAggie
AG
nevermind. Answered my own question
Gabster43213
Moses,

I buy OBMP through my Scottrade account. Again, do your own DD but I really do believe that GREAT DAYS are ahead for the company.......especially over the next 6 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.