Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,733 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
spence10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AVEO trading at $2.62 right now
IrishTxAggie
AG
OBMP having a nice run up the past few days. Now sitting at $0.0207 as of 9:50AM
AgShaun00
AG
sold my obmp for 40% gain in about 2 weeks. I will wait for a drop and get back in. Thanks for recommendation.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Huge insider volume on AVEO after hours!
Ulrich
Not sure whether to take profit or let it ride. Suddenly I wish I had more than a toe in the water.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ulrich said:

Not sure whether to take profit or let it ride. Suddenly I wish I had more than a toe in the water.
I'm riding until the buyout
Ulrich
This is kinda fun.

Let it be known that this is the moment that caused my eventual bankruptcy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Or retirement!
johnson2012
AG
Day 2 for TGTX to keep breaking trend from the past month of sliding down. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum.
Ranger222
AG
SRPT has been on a crazy run the last couple of days, leading the biotech rebound. There is some big money on May and longer dated calls so could be a great swing candidate as it approaches 100. Also a big M&A target, so that wouldn't surprise me either.
gigemJTH12
AG
you still tink SRPT is a buy now?
AgShaun00
AG
back in OBMP at .014. Let's ride it to .020 again
Ranger222
AG
No, you're probably right. I bought more last week when it was at 71, that was the time to buy. If I wanted to trade it, I would look at the May 18 90 option calls or August 18 85 option calls that has been bought big the last couple of days
Gabster43213
Good call Shaun. OBMP is about ready to get really expensive, IMO.
OnlyForNow
AG
Lol... I am still pissed that I Bought in on a "high" of 3 cents.
Chief 12
Gabster43213 said:

Good call Shaun. OBMP is about ready to get really expensive, IMO.

Based off what? When's the press release you mentioned a few days ago?
Pabby
AG
I find it a little unnverving that the market cap is the same as the volume in most days.

Not saying that the product isn't legit or anything, but people are definitely toying with this stock.
Ulrich
Another lemming over the cliff on OBMP! Just pocket change, but that should be enough to become filthy rich, right?
Gabster43213
Great news with OBMP out of today's cancer conference in Boston.
Gabster43213
Im buying more this week!
Chief 12
Gabster43213 said:

Great news with OBMP out of today's cancer conference in Boston.

Link or I'm going to start flagging your posts.
agsdocdo
AG
Nice!
CNH III
Ranger222
AG
The real news out of the AACR conference (held in Chicago) was the showdown between Merck's Keytruda vs Bristol-Myers Squibb Opdivo. Based on data presented, it looks like Keytruda is superior to Opdivo, and decreased the death risk in people with lung cancer in half in combo with chemo vs chemo alone. Pretty fantastic results, and may mean Keytruda is the anti PD-1 of choice moving forward.

For stocks that I am interested in, BPMC released encouraging Phase 1 data on drug '667, but BPMC still got a nice haircut yesterday due in part to competition from Loxo Oncology. Little bit of a head scratcher for me there, and could be an opportunity to get in BPMC. I like both BPMC and LOXO moving forward and they are both intriguing as they are trying to target the specific mutations that cause the cancer, not the type of cancer.

Leap Therapeutics is another one of my holdings that released some Phase 1 data yesterday with an N=4, and honestly I wasn't too impressed with it but its Phase 1 and a small sample population. This is a combo trial of Leap's drug with the aforementioned Keytruda in patient populations that do not respond to Keytruda alone. This is a very hard patient population to treat, but still saw 66% in tumor reduction. The stock dropped from $9 at open all the way to testing $7. I think it was a bit of an overreaction, as Leap wasn't even supposed to release data at this conference but wait until the big ASCO conference down the road in the summer. Some are saying they did this because their agreement with Merck requires them to release data at conferences prior to being able to discuss the data in business dealings. We'll get a better picture with ASCO but the thesis behind LPTX is that they have multiple drugs in the pipeline and a big partner already in Merck. One success and the flood gates could open in terms of biopharma interest. A N=4 shouldn't change that thesis.
Ulrich
Good stuff, thanks for posting. Really appreciate your thoughts.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
AKAO has had some solid movement up over the last week or so.
WestTexAg12
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

AKAO has had some solid movement up over the last week or so.

Up 10% right now! Did some news come out?

ETA
https://www.smarteranalyst.com/research-analysts/healthcare-analyst-news/achaogen-akao-fdas-briefing-documents-mean-wednesdays-big-adcom-meeting-h-c-wainwright-weighs/
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ulrich
Trading is shut down until the results from the FDA meeting. Fingers crossed.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Saw that this morning. This could get really good
Ranger222
AG
Been watching/reading the FDA AdCom meeting on twitter. This hasn't gone as smoothly for AKAO as I would have hoped. Some of the committee state that statistical analysis can not be completed due to the low sample size, while another concern is that AKAO may have been cherry-picking data to prove Plazo is superior to colistin as a last line of defense in certain indications.

However it is not going to matter what the committee thinks. From the questioning, it does sound like the FDA is supporting Plazo even with committee member concerns about the data. Here is the thing about antibiotics -- we don't have many options left. I think it will be very hard for the committee to vote no on this given that simple fact, even with some of the data concerns mentioned.

We'll know around 4 pm ET
Ranger222
AG
Vote 1 for Urinary Tract Infections -- 15 yes, 0 no

Vote 2 for Blood Stream Infections -- 4 yes, 11 no

-------------

Vote 2 is what mattered. This doesn't mean that plazomicin won't get approved for BSI by the FDA, as the FDA doesn't have to listen to the advisory committee. However what it could mean is that Achaogen will now have to have more trials for use of plazomicin in BSI, and those take time and money. That was the bet by shorts.

I would expect the stock to take a hit once it reopens. It had 40% short, and they will feast on this.

If you're in it, I'm right there with you expecting to see a big red number on the open.
Ulrich
In your mind, does this meaningfully change the prospects for ultimately receiving approval for BSI? Does it really only damage the timeline?
Ranger222
AG
There are differing opinions on this. Here are three options that could happen --

1) FDA approves plazomicin for cUTI and BSI (CRE) simultaneously in June, no label. That would be the most optimal outcome.

2) FDA approves plazomicin for cUTI and BSI (CRE) simultaneously in June, however a warning label is placed for BSI by the FDA. That makes the most sense to me personally. Achaogen could eventually get this label taken off with more trials and data, but that would take time. In the mean time, physicians could use plazo in patients with no other alternatives.

3) FDA approves plazomicin for cUTI, rejects for BSI. That would be the bear case. Achaogen would be forced into more trials and money at this point.

-------

Here is the rub in all in of this -- plazomicin showed promise in patients with carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) with better mortality rates than the current, clinical alternative which is colistin. That was the promise that this drug showed. There are not current alternatives. However, the committee got simply bogged into the details of how data for the study was collected and total patient number. This was not an easy trial to conduct. Imagine being on death's door with a bacterial infection that cannot be treated with available antibiotics. Those were the patients evaluated for plazomicin in BSI. In that short window, the patient had to be selected for the trial, get everything squared away to begin, and the required data collected including cultures pre- and post-treatment. It is just discouraging to me because we are running out of options to treat these multiple drug resistant bacteria, and what is in it for these companies that undertake the cost of these trials only to be held up on trivial things like how quickly a catheter was replaced? If there is so much risk and little money to be made, where will the innovation come from for new antibiotics? That, to me, is the killer in all of this.

Rant over. The FDA seems like they do want to approve, so we will wait to June. If you can take the short-term pain, wait til then and see what happens. If not, then get out quickly.

IrishTxAggie
AG
~40% haircut after hours. Ouch!!
Ranger222
AG
$AKAO Down 30% on open
Ulrich
Is CRE a type of BSI? I think that's what you're saying, but this isn't my area of expertise.

In the case of option 2, which it sounds like is the most likely case, what do you think is a fair valuation?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.