Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,705 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
aggieloko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It sounds like the OBMP phase 2 trial at Harvard is under its final review for approval. Once fully approved they will begin enrolling patients.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Guess that's what I get for just reading the article title and skimming it super quickly
akaggie05
AG
American Greed season premiere about Martin Shkreli on now.
COAg15
AG
BPMX!!
leoj
AG
Anyone else in celg? Fml
Ranger222
09Ag
AG
I mentioned this a week or 2 ago but y'all might want to look into AIMT (peanut allergy oral immunotherapy). They released great phase 3 data last week, but the stock price actually dropped due to an offering announcement on the same day. The offering ended yesterday, which included large insider buying. FDA approval is a very strong bet for ~6 months down the road. They are also presenting more detailed data about their P3 trial this Sunday at the big AAAAI allergy conference. I think SP is going to start on a steady incline up til FDA approval. I am very familiar with this field, and I think food allergy OIT is about to explode.
what say you
what do you mean by SP should continue to rise? What is SP?
Ranger222
AG
Couple of bear thesis points on AIMT just to be contrarian --

Some are speculating that the cost of their treatment will be too high and no be covered by insurances or will at least cost the patient several hundred dollars of co-pays which will significantly reduce the number of patients treated. No idea how true that is.

There were also some concerns about the anaphylactic adverse events seen in the study, especially if it will be used in a pediatric setting.

The bull case is that insiders loaded up at $32 a share after the offering, so they are betting on the stock going higher.

I have no position right now either way but I am watching. Several people that I trust on these things on bullish on the stock. Full presentation of the phase III data is coming on March 4th.
09Ag
AG
As someone that works in the allergy field I can say that cost is usually not a high priority for parents that have a child with a life threatening food allergy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
NVCN up ~48%
Gabster43213
I'm buying more OBMP tomorrow morning.
aggiehunter3
AG
leoj said:

Anyone else in celg? Fml
Yes...bummer. I got in at $98 and was up 12% now down 9%. I still think it is undervalued as a long term investment, but that was an egregious error on management's part with this latest blunder.

I also bought FGEN $60 calls expiration 3/16 for .50

TGTX has performed really well for me. I made good money on 2/16 $12 calls and then on the pullback below 12 I bought commons at $11.80.

Other than that I'm sitting in quite a bit of cash for the moment.
leoj
AG
Agreed on the undervalued part, for sure. But they are definitely in show me mode now and need to start executing.

I would add but it's already a large holding for me and I'm not going to throw money after them at this point.

Just wanted to get anyone else's perspective, appreciate it.
Gabster43213
I bought more OBMP yesterday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$0.015?
agsdocdo
AG
Me too their main antibiotic cream product is going to get good results for Dermatologist and primary care.
CNH III
Gabster43213
Latest purchase of OBMP was at .014.
Ranger222
AG
Tomorrow morning will present a good buying opportunity in GLYC. They finalized their upcoming Phase 3 trial today, and it will take a little longer than some were hoping as it will extend to 2020. There was a sell off after hours today on that news. Nothing has changed about the company itself and none of this impacts their long term approval. I would buy anything in the teens for a long term hold.
aggielax48
AG
What happened to OBMP at the end of the day?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm super tempted to buy more but probably need to sit with what I have. I like their drug a lot.
what say you
Is OBMP the new FTCH?
Gabster43213
One entity/individual/fund tanked the stock with 7 minutes left in the trading period. Pure market manipulation.
astros4545
AG
Gabster43213 said:

One entity/individual/fund tanked the stock with 7 minutes left in the trading period. Pure market manipulation.
sounds like AVXL all over again
FDXAg
AG
Whatever happened with FTCH?? I had a little bit of money on that and forgot all about it.
Gabster43213
OBMP in green all day and finished up 40%. News posted this morning of the CRO named for their two upcoming studies.
Ranger222
AG
Think I have posted the AKAO thesis here before.....may be the last time to jump in before the train leaves the station. Looks like we are about to enter into a short squeeze period here with this one.
Ranger222
AG
Also not a bad time to add PIRS
OlArmy01
AG
Ranger,
What's your timelines on both AKAO and PIRS?
Ranger222
AG
In terms of AKAO, here is the recent chart. It has been trading within this range after break of the recent downtrend. 9.8 has been solid support for this stock. Today it touched the 50 day and bounced, after reclaiming it from a look below in recent sessions. I'm hoping to see further continuation of the uptrend this week. If it clears the resistance from 12-12.5, I think we are clear to 15 before their AdCom in April/May. If everything goes well, I'm looking at 19 - 20 after their PDUFA for drug approval in June.

For PIRS, its a very long term stock, the type I'd put in an IRA and not look at for a while. They are just getting started with Phase 1 and Phase II trials to validate their pipeline. Still a lot of risk with this one, but their acquisition of partnerships has been positive. The chart on PIRS broke down over the last several days, but found support at 6.8.
B$Weigem
AG
Honest Question:

What is the outlook on BPMX and OBMP?
Are they worth the Investment of $300-400?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Answer this question:

Can you afford to lose it all?
1) If yes, it's worth it.
2) If no, try something safer.
redsox34
AG
Hopped in AVEO at $2.86 with stop at $2.58. Lets see what happens.
Ranger222
AG
Suggest a strong look and DD on APTO
Ranger222
AG
Sold all of my GLYC last night AH on the news of their offering. This is a case of bad biotech management that has really screwed shareholders and the stock in the near term. First a couple of weeks ago was the announcement of the design of their trail which didn't satisfy investors. That one was manageable because data will be data. However, I've lost all confidence in this company after their announcement of an offering while the stock is at (recent) lows. The offering could have and should have taken place when the stock was sitting in the $20s for weeks, not now after a 30% haircut. The stock is likely headed back to low $10s if it breaks through $14 support.

You can probably pick this one up a year from now at the same price. Stuck in no man's land and will wander for a while. Better short term opportunities. Its frustrating when bad management gets in the way of what looked like good science.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.