Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,762 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why the "Wtf"? This is just a typical OBMP day...
FaceMask
I know.. waiting for Gabster.
OlArmy01
AG
Anyone got any thoughts on

VKTX
GLYC
ACRX
ZYNE
ALDR

Thanks and gig'em
AgShaun00
AG
this thread got quiet.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

this thread got quiet.
A lot of it is still discussed on the Stock Market thread.
09Ag
AG
AIMT up 16% today with a quarter full of catalysts on the way!
Gabster43213
Harvard trial is scheduled to start in mid December. Based on past PR, Texas trial should start around the same time. I believe the verified beginning of the studies will cause an increase in the pps.
Gabster43213
PR yesterday. Phase 2 at Harvard begins on December 19. Great days are ahead, IMO
tamc1956ag
S
Okay, I'm a novice investor, which bio stock do you recommend? I have a fairly long timeline..2-5 yrs
IrishTxAggie
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Okay, I'm a novice investor, which bio stock do you recommend? I have a fairly long timeline..2-5 yrs

AVEO has a pretty good entry right now at $2
IrishTxAggie
AG
09Ag said:

AIMT up 16% today with a quarter full of catalysts on the way!
This one has been sucking ass for a couple months and putting a nice drag on my bios....along with all the other ones.
bones75
AG
Yes, it's been a rough month, but not due to any bad news (news has all been good actually). Their big investors day conference is this Wednesday and BLA submission should be sometime in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully price soon returns to where (I think) it should be. - 09Ag (didn't realize my dads account was signed in).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tamc1956ag
S
sounds like AVEO is running out of money..
IrishTxAggie
AG
tamc1956ag said:

sounds like AVEO is running out of money..

Just got an interest only loan extension to fun them through Q3 19. Several milestone payments from EUSA should give more cushion too.
Quailmeezy
AG
Did anyone get in on the Tesaro/GSK deal?
Gabster43213
1956Ag,

I am thinking about buying another 35,000 shares of OBMP for about $500. Final site visit for their Phase 2 trial was held last week at Harvard. Trial will begin in January. Some who have followed the company and their cancer drug Proscavax for the past several years believe the company could be bought beginning mid-late summer for $1.50 - $2.00 a share.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gabster43213 said:

1956Ag,

I am thinking about buying another 35,000 shares of OBMP for about $500. Final site visit for their Phase 2 trial was held last week at Harvard. Trial will begin in January. Some who have followed the company and their cancer drug Proscavax for the past several years believe the company could be bought beginning mid-late summer for $1.50 - $2.00 a share.

$375-500MM market cap with that number. Bold considering it's only $.012 right now.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
OBMP news? It's going crazy this morning
AgShaun00
AG
slowly going down and back up big today.

ESPR is down today as well with look to be good results from a test.
aggielax48
AG
They announced Phase 2 trial is now open for enrollment.
FaceMask
But what does it all mean Basel???
CheladaAg
AG
A company called Titan Pharmaceuticals TTNP is having some earnings April 2nd and expecting news about it's product probuphine, the only time release product of buprenorphine to treat Opiod addiction; huge issue $ in today's day. There is a decent amount of short interest and I can see this squeeze in the next few days.
Chief 12
Any news on OBMP, Gabster?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Chief 12 said:

What it means, I have no idea... This thing is under a penny and has been for awhile. Still just a lottery ticket.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/oncbiomune-announces-agreement-with-cato-bioventures-as-a-strategic-investor-in-support-of-cd71-targeted-therapy-for-refractory-cancers-1028158233
docaggie
AG
Keep in mind that each Phase of drug trials takes quite awhile, especially when you're treating something slow growing like prostate cancer.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
IrishTxAggie said:

Chief 12 said:

What it means, I have no idea... This thing is under a penny and has been for awhile. Still just a lottery ticket.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/oncbiomune-announces-agreement-with-cato-bioventures-as-a-strategic-investor-in-support-of-cd71-targeted-therapy-for-refractory-cancers-1028158233
I see that OBMP was over $50/share when it opened in 2010 then dropped down to ~ $5 in 2012-2013 before popping back up in 3Q2013 to over $80, hovering around $40 for six months or so and then tailing off to the now less than a penny.

I can't find any news on OBMP from prior to 2016. Does anyone know where to find that or know the story of what happened?

From their last Q report:

Quote:

Overview

We are a biotechnology company specializing in innovative cancer treatment therapies. We have proprietary rights to an immunotherapy platform with an initial concentration on prostate and breast cancers that can also be used to fight any solid tumor. Additionally, we have targeted therapies. Our mission is to improve the overall patient condition through innovative bio-immunotherapy with proven treatment protocols, to lower deaths associated with cancer and to reduce the cost of cancer treatment. Our technology is safe, and utilizes clinically proven research methods of treatment to provide optimal success of patient recovery.

Financial Highlights

For the three months ended March 31, 2019, we utilized $286,329 to fund our operations, compared to $433,878 for the three months ended March 31, 2018. For the three months ended March 31, 2019, we received net cash of $286,628 from financing activities. As a result, our net cash position decreased by $201 during the three months ended March 31, 2019.

We expect our research and development expenses will continue to increase as our ProscaVax clinical trials continue to progress.

I've looked for past Annual reports to try to piece together the story but I keep getting linked to other companies, such as Striker Energy. Did they change from an oil and gas company to PediaRX Inc to now OBMP? If so that gives me a bit less confidence in them finding a break-through cancer product.

akaggie05
AG
I haven't researched this company in particular, but what you're seeing regarding annual reports and other company names indicates that they likely took on the shell of a previously-formed public company and repurposed it. Happens quite a bit.
johnson2012
AG
Bump for elitezags
09Ag
AG
Bio has been hot lately. Anyone else profit from that 100% gain from positive AUPH data? My main stock AIMT finally recovered from the downtrend and should be getting FDA approval any day now. Looks like OBMP is officially dead.
jmcfar_98
AG
09Ag said:

Bio has been hot lately. Anyone else profit from that 100% gain from positive AUPH data? My main stock AIMT finally recovered from the downtrend and should be getting FDA approval any day now. Looks like OBMP is officially dead.

I had some options on AUPH, AMRN that paid very well.
leoj
AG
KOD on my radar because of the big Baker Bros position they just took
akaggie05
AG
Bump for any Coronavirus plays... who's got em?
HustlerAggie
akaggie05 said:

Bump for any Coronavirus plays... who's got em?
Depends on how bad it gets (or how much fear is ginned up), but some to look at:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/26/what-to-expect-in-pfizers-q3-earnings-update.aspx
Hustle Harder
tlepoC
AG
Great idea. I'll just take all my profits from the great obmp play and dump then into Corona stocks.
gif
Aggierific said:

Great idea. I'll just take all my profits from the great obmp play and dump then into Corona stocks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.