Business & Investing
Sponsored by

BIO STOCKS

122,770 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Salloh_Baloo said:

Gabster43213 said:

Anyone watching OBMP today ???
Up 152% today.

Now the question is sell now or hold hope for the rumors.
WestTexAg12
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Salloh_Baloo said:

Gabster43213 said:

Up 152% today.

And what are these rumors? I'm seein hints of the following:
-government funding for a **** ton of money
-form 4 being filed
-Something to do with FDA phase 2
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ranger222
AG
Josepi said:

Saw that the SYBX CEO resigned yesterday. Any thoughts on that? Stock taking a beating this morning. Would it be worth jumping in At this point, or would it be better to stay away at this point?

Not too worried about CEO departure. SYBX is fortunate to have a strong board of directors that includes CEOs of other companies including Bluebird Bio. There is no concern with the science either as the chief medical officer was promoted to president/interim CEO. The same day, Wainwright gave the company a $20 price target. In the long run, this will be a non-event. We've seen a decline over the last few sessions in stock price, but I believe you can play this dip and either add shares here (I am adding to my long-term portfolio here) or use it as a short-term trading opportunity to buy near the 200 day moving average and sell for a quick gain later.

It should be stated that this is a long-term hold. This company is just getting started in terms of trails. They are just in phase 1. Long journey ahead for them but they have recently had quite the backing of institutional investors. Their platform (which is what I'm interested in, not necessarily any of the ongoing trails but potential future uses and collaborations) will be the driving force of their future valuation.
-------

AUPH finally perked up today. Going to see a new multi-day run and testing of $7 again?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Salloh_Baloo said:

Gabster43213 said:

Up 152% today.

And what are these rumors? I'm seein hints of the following:
-government funding for a **** ton of money
-form 4 being filed
-Something to do with FDA phase 2
I was just looking at the message boards. The three you mentioned I saw plus people speculating a buyout/partnership. That's all message board speculation so I take it for what it is.
Gabster43213
PHASE 2 study by Harvard has been approved for OBMP !!!
B$Weigem
AG
Gabster43213 said:

PHASE 2 study by Harvard has been approved for OBMP !!!
I choose to be thoroughly pleased by this information!
AgShaun00
AG
what is potential for this stock now?
WestTexAg12
AG
I purchased another 40,000 shares at .037 this morning. Kinda ****ed up the limit buy, but oh well.

From what I gather, they have the Harvard trials for 30 days before the FDA phase 2 trial. After 30 days, the recruitment process starts.

A lot of optimism for this stock.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
WestTexAg12
AG
AgShaun00 said:

what is potential for this stock now?

Many believe the potential is .06 in next couple weeks, and dollar/double digit dollar amount long term. Very optimistic, but I'm playing along.
stroodles
AG
Curious - why would a penny stock double in price in a several weeks, and be over a $1 long term? Seems like a risky proposition.

I know nothing about the company, or even their field of work. Just asking/curious.
WestTexAg12
AG
stroodles said:

Curious - why would a penny stock double in price in a several weeks, and be over a $1 long term? Seems like a risky proposition.

I know nothing about the company, or even their field of work. Just asking/curious.

Because it is a BioTech company that developed a vaccine for prostate cancer, ProscaVax. It was 81% successful in Phase 1 trials. The CEO, Dr. Head, did a lot with breast cancer and was very successful.

That's the gist of it. Dig around this message board for more info.
https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=140784629

Also, it's 3 year high was $8.33. Not too out there to think that it could get there again.
OnlyForNow
AG
ignore.
WestTexAg12
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I think you calculated that wrong.

It hasn't ever been 37 cents (I don't think).

I bought it for 3 pennies and it hasn't gone above that but once.

Mistype. I went back and fixed it. Would be nice to see it at $.37 soon though! Lol
OnlyForNow
AG
hell ya it would!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
As a message board that site blows goats. I read it every so often but it's painful when I do
WestTexAg12
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

As a message board that site blows goats. I read it every so often but it's painful when I do

It is hard to read sometimes. But for something like this, it actually reveals some decent info sometimes.
Ulrich
AVEO is on the move this morning, up 10%. I haven't gotten the hang of reading the fifth rate message boards where stock gossip seems to show up, but it looks like maybe a big insider buy triggered the movement.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lots of insider buys for ~$500K
Ulrich
Where do you see that?
IrishTxAggie
AG
http://openinsider.com/AVEO
Ulrich
Ok, I saw those but only noticed the effective date. Thanks.
Señor Chang
AG
Question about OBMP - What platform do y'all use to trade it? I just got off the phone with Fidelity and it can't be bought on there because they deemed it too risky.
OnlyForNow
AG
Schwab here
IrishTxAggie
AG
TD Ameritrade

You should tell Fidelity to **** off and tell them it's not there job to deem what is too risky with your own money. It's their job to provide the market to its customers who can then choose how they wish to invest.
AgShaun00
AG
Seor Chang said:

Question about OBMP - What platform do y'all use to trade it? I just got off the phone with Fidelity and it can't be bought on there because they deemed it too risky.

I bought it on fidelity with active trader pro
Señor Chang
AG
Really? I was on the phone with them about an hour ago. The guy read me in to trade penny stocks, but specifically looked up OBMP and said it could not be traded on the Fidelity platform because they felt it was to risky of a stock. He said they have a team that is constantly evaluating these and it could change blah blah blah.

I just got off the phone with Schwab and I'm going to move everything over there. Same 4.95 fees. Sucks it will take a week or more to move everything.
AgShaun00
AG
I bought and sold it twice and rebought again. All in the last 4-5 weeks
Ulrich
I bought OBMP through Fidelity a few weeks ago. Was it a regular brokerage account or a tax advantaged account?
WestTexAg12
AG
Seor Chang said:

Read that it's because of a late filing of a 10-Q.
agsdocdo
AG
Bought it thru USAA
CNH III
OlArmy01
AG
Nice pre-market rally for VKTX
johnson2012
AG
MDGL running like a bat out of hell. Announced positive phase 2 results in their treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
B$Weigem
AG
Holy $.....
astros4545
AG
OlArmy01 said:

Nice pre-market rally for VKTX

Up 77% today
WestTexAg12
AG
Looks like it might be a good day for OBMP. Up ~9% this morning due to 10-K release.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.