New NCAA football video game updates?

83,725 Views | 956 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by SECcess12
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How hard is it to play on such a small screen compared to a tv?
beatlesphan
AG
Special Teams wasn't available under formations. Maddening
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
I Like Mike
AG
Its not bad actually for football. Haven't tried games with lots of text or dialogue yet. For me its awesome since I have kids that want the TV all the time.
NC2001
AG
I was originally going to purchase an XReal set but the PS Portal looks like a better solution for what I want to do.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Have you tried from a non-home wifi source like a hotel or coffee shop? I travel relatively often for work and being able to effectively bring my PS5 on the road with me would be a game-changer.
I Like Mike
AG
Not yet. Online reviews say it is good dependent upon wifi strength.
NC2001
AG
I Like Mike said:

Yep the newest software update made it playable away from home. Just have to get a decent wifi signal and it is good to go.

The system has to be on, or can it be on standby? I think ours automatically goes to standby after a few minutes of inactivity.
I Like Mike
AG
My Portal turns the system on from out of standby. The system is on and running while using the Portal. Then you can put it back into rest mode after you are done playing.
Zachary Klement
AG
Do the announcers in this game drive anyone else insane? There's no situational awareness and a lot of calls make no sense at all.
-Driving late in a tied game to try and take the lead. I call a timeout with under 30 seconds left on the 20 yard line. Announcer calls out something to the effect of, "the offense needs a timeout to regroup. They're not on the same page." No…I'm conserving time in a pivotal stage of the game.
-My running back breaks away for a long run, crosses the 30 yard line. The announcer: "HE CROSSES THE TEN!" Nope…
-In my offline dynasty, almost every game I play they call out the incorrect seeds for the matchup…I was the 2 seed in the playoffs one year and they always called me the 1 seed.
Zachary Klement
AG
Also, I've been enjoying road to CFP, but is there any point/end goal to it?

In my first season, I went 9-2, made the playoffs and lost the first game against Bama…does anything happen if you win?

Started 5-1 in my next season. Lost a game in OT on a failed 2-point try.
Zachary Klement
AG
Also, the rankings system in dynasty is so out of whack.

10-3 Texas Tech was ranked #1 in my last season over multiple 1 or 2 loss teams.

There was a 5 loss team that got into the playoffs.

UNT is somehow good every year and made the playoffs…they beat Nebraska. Good for them!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Announcing in the game is definitely not great. There's not much emotion in it, and a lot of time they don't even say the right things.

And agreed that the ranking system is super off, but they said that is something they are working on tweaking for the next patch.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
cr0wbar said:

My biggest complaint has been the lack of mechanics explanations. Sure - the mini games are cool (here, try and run through 12 defenders in this super situational rep) - but I accidentally found out you could control your LBs shifts and DL shifts using the D-Pad. You can do probably 30+ things pre-snap and those mechanics are explained absolutely nowhere. They need to give a 3-5 minute position group breakdown of all the features and actions we can perform pre-snap, during the play, during a no huddle, and during playcalling. But we have to rely on TikTokers and IGers to explain these tips to us when they are pretty simple mechanics in game that EA just doesn't feel like disclosing.
I feel like I wrote this myself
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
CoachRTM said:

What they said. Look at the "ALL players" tab and sort by position. They show up under "ATH".

One thing that took me by surprise the first offseason - if you use all 35 scholarships, that means you are probably going to need to cut some pretty good players from your active roster, because you can't cut any of the 35 you just signed.

So taking that random 3 star at the end of the process may not be worth it. I'm much more cognizant of the number of guys I want now
Ran into that problem yesterday. Had to cut 11 dudes to make room for my freshmen class
OSOB
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Zachary Klement said:

In my first season, I went 9-2, made the playoffs and lost the first game against Bama…does anything happen if you win?

This is where I'm at. Bought it on release day and put in some good hours for like 5 days straight. The on-field product is great. GREAT. But this is there is no depth to this game AT ALL. There's nothing there to keep up replay value. Kind of a bummer.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Announcing in the game is definitely not great. There's not much emotion in it, and a lot of time they don't even say the right things.

And agreed that the ranking system is super off, but they said that is something they are working on tweaking for the next patch.
I think Reece, Palmer, and Pollack are pretty natural. It's clear they actually recorded in a booth together. Kirk and Fowler are pretty terrible. Surprises me Kirk was this lifeless knowing he's done this before. I know Fowler is re-recording his lines after the feedback.

I just saw that Desmond Howard recorded for the game but I don't think I've heard him at all
OSOB
BowSowy
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Zachary Klement said:

This is where I'm at. Bought it on release day and put in some good hours for like 5 days straight. The on-field product is great. GREAT. But this is there is no depth to this game AT ALL. There's nothing there to keep up replay value. Kind of a bummer.
Same feeling here. I was staring at it last night and wondering if I should make another RTG character or just shelve it for now. Decided to shelve it.

I know it's their first time doing this in a decade so they get some benefit of the doubt. But man, this is a pretty lackluster game to me. If I was 10 years younger and had a reliable gaming friends group, I'm sure I'd enjoy it a lot more.
Aggie71013
AG
Overall the game very much feels like it did 10 years ago. What else could they realistically do to improve replayability?

SF2004
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Question

That mode shows "online" so I assumed you play other real players?

I like this concept but have zero want to just get steam rolled by other people. I ain't that good.
Gomer95
AG
Anyone had the game freeze up on them? I had # 5 A&M beating #24 Missouri at Missouri 42-0 at the half with 0 first downs and it froze! I have the digital copy and was jumping to the next play on defense near the half when it said halftime and then it just froze. It hasn't frozen up on me other than that. Frustrating.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I don't know if it would add replayability or just increase the value of my play time but the game is missing things that it had previously I would have liked to have.

Things like mass subs/formation subs, being able to create my own players to add to a recruiting class to try and get, having better records of prior years - so things like the trophy room and seeing previous years stats, award winners, draft results, recruiting class ranking, etc.

Then things like coach maxing out at lvl 50. I get not wanting a coach to be able to have all skills, but I feel like the level should be higher since there are still a lot of skills I don't have, or there should be something else that my xp goes towards.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I don't know if it would add replayability or just increase the value of my play time but the game is missing things that it had previously I would have liked to have.

Things like being able to create my own players to add to a recruiting class to try and get, having better records of prior years - so things like the trophy room and seeing previous years stats, award winners, draft results, recruiting class ranking, etc.

Then things like coach maxing out at lvl 50. I get not wanting a coach to be able to have all skills, but I feel like the level should be higher since there are still a lot of skills I don't have, or there should be something else that my xp goes towards.
I'm really hoping we get some of this stuff back with updates, but I imagine a lot of things will have to wait until next year.
Zachary Klement
AG
SF2004 said:

Zachary Klement said:

Question

That mode shows "online" so I assumed you play other real players?

I like this concept but have zero want to just get steam rolled by other people. I ain't that good.
Yeah, you play other people in Road to the CFP.

You can filter teams by different "Tiers" so Bama, OSU, UGA, etc. are Tier 1, A&M, Okie. St. are Tier 2, and Tier 3 is schools like UNT, ECU, etc.

If you are new to it, you could start with a Tier 1 team and request a Tier 3 opponent to get a feel for what the game mode/competition is like.

As you play games, you are assigned a ranking based on your results...you get bigger jumps in the rankings if you beat a better team with a worse team...likewise, you fall further if you lose with a better team.

In my first season, I was able to advance to the playoffs using A&M and Ohio State...I had to use a Tier 2 team to beat a Tier 1 team in my final game to squeak in.

I have no idea what you achieve for winning the playoffs or even making them.
tlepoC
AG
I've had it freeze multiple times. The most frustrating though is the memory glitches when restarting mini games. The target and bonus boxes stay from prior play and make it very difficult. Have to go back to home and go all the way back into team selection to reset.
Gig em G
AG
I've had multiple freezes in the last couple days. Seems to mostly happen when I "sim" forward to the next play/possession.

Sucks, especially being 3/4 of the way through a game. Still enjoying the gameplay, but EA really needs to clean this game up
I Like Mike
AG
Ok so recruiting. Went through half a season with zero commits. I guess I have no idea what I am doing. What's the strategy??
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Send the house until you unlock 2 or 3 of their interests then hard sell them on those. You can soft sell if you aren't sure on 1 of them. Their dealbreaker is always one of their interests so you can use that to guess too.

Also schedule visits as soon as you can if you are close with other schools.

Also the different recruiting skills help
CoachRTM
AG
Yep, basic rule of thumb.

1. Send the house on the top guys
2. Once you get to the top 5, start Hard Selling their primary pitch.
3. Schedule visits before your competition.

There's some nuance, like sometimes you don't know their primary pitch yet when you get to the top 5, so you either take a guess and soft sell, or you can keep sending the house until you know the 3 green checkmarks.
I Like Mike
AG
It all started working. Got lots of 4 stars to sign in just a few weeks. Does transfer portal work the same?
CoachRTM
AG
Essentially the same process, but in a much more expedited manner.

1. Send the House in week 1/2
2. Schedule visit in week 3
ac04
transfer portal is where i really clean up with ULaLa. just offering playing time to anyone/everyone. somehow got leveon moss to transfer in after year 1 and that was almost unfair in the sun belt.
AgsMyDude
AG
I don't remember seeing where you can offer things like playing time, where is that done?
ac04
when you schedule a visit you choose what to pitch them on. most of the transfer portal guys are playing time or playing style.
Ranger222
AG
Yea, a lot of the CPU transfers are due to

1) Playing time
2) Playing style
3) Coach prestige

Most of the transfers come from teams that just hired/fired a new coach so either the playing style doesn't match (sometimes takes a season to play out rather than immediately) or the coach prestige is low and was a deal breaker for that player (happens immediately in coaching transition)

Have encountered a few more bugs -
1) the bugs on the position changes is super annoying. Took me 20-25 minutes to complete when it should have taken 5 max. Player I select is not the player that pops up. Have to constantly exit the screen and go back in
2) custom schedule bugs. Started a new season last night and constantly got the "schedule is not compatible, continuing editing or CPU fix" and then the CPU would fail. Could not change a single OOC opponent. Even the "randomize" button and generating new opponents would give the same error message
3) autosubs sliders don't save dynasty season to season. Maddening to have to set them every new season when it should be a saved setting like the playbook
beatlesphan
AG
Anyone know why during recruiting it'll say I have 50 hours or whatever left for the week and when I go to hard sell (or soft sell, both less than 50 hrs) it says I don't have enough hours? This is just a specific example but it happens often
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.