New NCAA football video game updates?

82,785 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Gig em G
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had to move back from AA to Varsity after the latest update.

I was blowing out lower tier schools before, now I'm throwing 3 INTs and barely beating UTEP on AA. The pass blocking was always a struggle to me but it seems ridiculous now. I guess others have noticed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/7UZ76CGLNZ

Wheatables02
AG
Murder Hornet said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I rage quit on the title game after giving up an extra 13 points and being about to lose because of three roughing the kicker penalties.

Yep 3 roughing the kicker penalties and two pick sixes cost me a playoff game. Was 12-1 through that game

Same for me. Now 7-1 thanks to 3 computer roughing the kickers against LSU
I Like Mike
AG
I've started not rushing on punts. Just call fair catch on a safe return.
tmaggie50
AG
Big change from what I've seen is that I am having less big chunk yardage plays. Having to sustain drives more now.
SECcess12
Quincey P. Morris said:

I rage quit on the title game after giving up an extra 13 points and being about to lose because of three roughing the kicker penalties.
Ok I'm glad its not just me. I've had it multiple times to the fact that its impacting a game so I keep restarting it and it keeps happening.

Also its the same player every time. Marcus Ratcliffe.

Also, computer on the other side dives at my punter and runs into him all the time and its never called nor does my punter fall over.
Bruce Almighty
AG
This game is a perfect example of why I hate modern gaming and think it peaked 10-15 years ago. After 9 roughing the kicker/punter penalties in 5 quarters, I had to quit playing. I know I can just turn it off, but I shouldn't have to do that. The injuries are out of control and all of a sudden, my defense can't get any pressure. I've gone from getting 10 sacks a game (which is dumb) to getting zero.
Gomer95
AG
I have loved playing it on Varsity and like others said, after the latest update I was throwing stupid interceptions everywhere where their defense would quickly jump high and grab it as well as all of the offense was much harder to play with so after one particularly bad game where I was playing #6 Tech (really? 6? Lol) and after getting up on them 14-0 I threw like 5 interceptions and lost by 2 touchdowns so I rage quit and knocked it down to Freshman and beat them 84-21. WHOOP. Hope I don't have to stay off of Varsity but it was so bad to the point that I wasn't enjoying it and that's the whole point of a GAME.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Mr.Bond
AG
I turned roughing off
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Josepi
AG
Just stop trying to block kicks. It's an easy solution. Ten penalties is just banging your head against a wall.
aggietony2010
AG
I just lost a game because I got called for roughing the kicker on punts, twice. Wasn't running punt block, just punt return.

And this is after the update that was supposed to reduce the occurrence. So ****ing broken.
tmaggie50
AG
I am still loving this game. I think it's light years better than the last iteration in '14. I'm super impressed with the graphics, player motions and gameplay. There are some fixes but I don't think they are as big of problems at least IMO as others see them as.

Roughing the kicker is too easily avoidable. Hell, has anyone ever blocked a kick? 1 in a million, so why ever run it.

Every interception I throw I generally feel like I should have seen it. User errors. The run game is way more fun. There is a wide range of plays that work.

I'd legit rate the game play 8/10 or 9/10. It has vastly exceeded my expectations.

I also think there is a skill gap since I am 10 years older than last time I played.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Josepi said:

Just stop trying to block kicks. It's an easy solution. Ten penalties is just banging your head against a wall.

I got a roughing the punter on a safe return.
AggieKatie2
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Josepi said:

lol…I did this too. 4 man rush safe return and one of them still got through and barely touched punter….flag lol
Thunder18
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Josepi said:

lol…I did this too. 4 man rush safe return and one of them still got through and barely touched punter….flag lol

On punt returns I just pull the main rush guy off the line and drop him back a few yards so he can't get close to the punter
BQRyno
AG
I literally only play online and haven't picked up a single roughing penalty. I run safe every time on punts and kicks.
JobSecurity
AG
Has anyone figured out why the online a&m playbook is different than the practice one? I'm assuming there's no fix?
Icecream_Ag
S
JobSecurity said:

Has anyone figured out why the online a&m playbook is different than the practice one? I'm assuming there's no fix?
They mentioned something in the patch notes about updating our playbook along with many others, but I don't remember what it said exactly.

I've also learned that an air raid offense means you run the ball 85% of the time in RTG, so that probably needs to be looked at as well
Aggie71013
AG
Lost tonight by 1 in a game I should have won. The CPU decided to go for two down by 14 in the fourth quarter. After that point everything seemed to go the CPUs way like it was preordained.
JobSecurity
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

JobSecurity said:

They mentioned something in the patch notes about updating our playbook along with many others, but I don't remember what it said exactly.

I've also learned that an air raid offense means you run the ball 85% of the time in RTG, so that probably needs to be looked at as well

It said they added a formation. But when you're in practice mode there are 5 formations out of pistol but only 2 when you play online. I've seen other people mention similar things for other teams but I haven't tried any others
AgFB
AG
Yep. RTG just got a lot more difficult. Threw 7 pics in a game myself.
AgShaun00
AG
AgFB said:

Yep. RTG just got a lot more difficult. Threw 7 pics in a game myself.
yep. playcalling sucks. I changed my playbook to mine, but need to go rank plays bettter to make sure i get plays i want.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I wanted this game so bad. but of course EA ****ed it up. I played UT first, theres not much there, its very repetitive, and the only way you can get any good packs is buying paying real money. I am not extremely surprised, but man that is so short sighted. So then I turned to RTG.

I have a QB on RTG, and the defense turned into world beaters, even on lower difficulties. And for every drive I do score, the defense gives up a score. It's basically automatic. It's like the game makes everything close, no matter what is happening in the game. If I fail to score for three drives, my defense generally holds them for the most part.

So I have decided to abandon that and try to do the Dynasty mode finally. Well, of course certain features don't work. Auto subs don't seem to work for Defense. The D-Line gets extremely tired, and as I try to swap them out, even manually on the depth chart, nothing happens. My original starters stay there. I don't want to play it any further because I expect even more issues to pop up. This is such an important feature, why are there not Mass Subs??? We had that in the previous editions of the game...

They should have had considerable time to make this game, I am disappointed to see how poorly it has turned out. I'm going to have to put this game down and play other things. It's a damn shame. I guess I shouldnt be too surprised with how EA ruins every game franchise these days.
d-burg
I'm now winning more games on All American, and winning a few against online players. With the pass blocking sucking so much I've learned to just do quick zigs and drags more…

I haven't really touched Dynasty yet until they clean it up. My buddy told me the playoff rankings are absurd sometimes. Like #3 11-2 Rutgers jumping his undefeated #4 13-0 A&M team in the rankings…Because Rutgers beat #10 Miami 61-59? lol what.
Thunder18
AG
d-burg said:

I'm now winning more games on All American, and winning a few against online players. With the pass blocking sucking so much I've learned to just do quick zigs and drags more…

I haven't really touched Dynasty yet until they clean it up. My buddy told me the playoff rankings are absurd sometimes. Like #3 11-2 Rutgers jumping his undefeated #4 13-0 A&M team in the rankings…Because Rutgers beat #10 Miami 61-59? lol what.

Yes the playoff seeding logic in dynasty is pretty wild
Aggie71013
AG
Made the move from Rice OC to LSU OC after two seasons. A few things I've noticed after one game with LSU that I thought would be better moving to a much higher rated program:

• O-Line is still a revolving door at times. Played UTEP and too many times I had no time to throw. If they blitz, I'm toast unless I call a run or quick pass.
  • DBs and safeties are substantially better than the WR. DBs and safeties regularly make great plays on the ball, reads, etc. WRs seem to run their route and make no adjustments or plays on the ball. If the WR isn't wide open he's not catching it. I almost never throw incompletions. It's either caught or a pick. They also have paper hands at times. Will watch the replay and the ball hits them right in the hands and they drop it. I know this happens in real life, but not so often on easy completions.
  • LSU skill position players getting run down by a inferior players. QB scrambling and a DL runs him down from behind? Not buying that.

What did get better was explosive plays. With Rice I could run the ball well, but never got more than 10 to 12 yards per run. In one game with LSU I broke multiple 20+ yard runs.
AggieKatie2
AG
I have an ATH turned QB with 97 speed and 92 acceleration that I tried to run the speed option with that consistently got caught from behind or laterally by DL and LBs
tlepoC
AG
I hate the TAMU playbook. I also apparently need to learn the actual game of football because I suck.
Icecream_Ag
S
The A&M playbook isn't bad. Built more off of jimbos offense than what CK will bring in, but lots of fun wrinkles. The Kansas State offense uses more built in motion but the playbook is actually very similar
Gig em G
AG
tlepoC said:

I hate the TAMU playbook. I also apparently need to learn the actual game of football because I suck.

I suck too. It's been interesting to learn without playing a football game in forever. But…I'm managing to win now without throwing 3+ interceptions. Things that have helped me…

For offense, flip the play on important downs and passing. If defenders follow their receivers it's man coverage. Look for receivers that are running short slant, drag, zig or crossing routes. If they press (close to outside receiver) consider changing their route to a deep route down the sideline…especially if there's only one safety in the middle of the field. Also, speed options seem to work well. Pitching it to the HB most of the time works for me.

For defense, press R1 and "guess" run when you are fairly certain they will run the ball. I usually sell out on the run for 1st down and mostly 2nd. When it's an obvious pass situation, guess pass instead.

Someone way better than me could have better advice though I'm sure.
Brock Sampson
AG
Am I doing something wrong when my QB throws all swing passes behind the RB slowing him down to secure the catch? It's literally every throw.
Icecream_Ag
S
Brock Sampson said:

Am I doing something wrong when my QB throws all swing passes behind the RB slowing him down to secure the catch? It's literally every throw.
at least you are getting the pass off. I'm getting sacked on half of my screens because lbs have 10000 spped on a blitz and sacked on the other half because the rb can't get away from the rush so there is nowhere to throw the ball
AgShaun00
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Am I doing something wrong when my QB throws all swing passes behind the RB slowing him down to secure the catch? It's literally every throw
same thing. i think if I lob it more it is better but that seems to allow defense to show up.
cr0wbar
AG
In several dynasties - running an SMU team with some HS friends of mine. I upset Florida State in a defensive battle one week - and stupidly changed out of my base defense from 4-2-5 to "multiple" thinking I could show new looks. Louisville then went on to cook my ass to the tune of 49 points with 5 minutes quarters.

Short story: don't switch out of your base defense
Bruce Almighty
AG
I just learned to not do automatic recruiting. Class ended with 9 recruits and 15th in the SEC.
Gomer95
AG
I have played great and fun games on Varsity where I won quite a bit but man ever since that last update, it has been absolutely ridiculous with the amount of interceptions, penalties on punt returns and FGs (not in block mode), and how fast people sometimes get to the QB and this is from some super small school vs. A&M. It got so ridiculous that I dropped the mode down to freshman and while it's more fin lol, it's too easy although yesterday I had a shootout with a 2-4 Georgia team that I won by 7 points IN FRESHMAN mode. That's just dumb. Any idea how to fix my issues in Settings so that I can keep it on Varsity?
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.