New NCAA football video game updates?

82,789 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know I'm late to this but been playing with Alabama's playbook the last few days....wow it's awesome
Captain Winky
Stay away from NCAAFBSERIES subreddit. They have been b/tching and moaning about the game since it came out.
Broncos
It's reddit, what did you expect?
Captain Winky
I was just replying to the guy who said he not seen any negative feedback about the game.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Kansas State offensive playbook has been treating me really well. They have this strong I formation that puts both WR on the right along with the TE. There's a play where you start with play action and the two WRs run post routes at different depths, forcing the deep safety to choose, and one of those WRs pops open almost every time. I love the concept of overloading a side just to set them moving towards the other side of the field. Then there's another route in the same formation where you force the strong side corner to commit to the flat or the corner and it's an easy pitch and catch 90% of the time. Was able to go into Alabama with USF on Heisman difficulty and pull the win out thanks to that formation.
Broncos
I've had good results with Arizona State's playbook. A ton of short crossing routes which have been helpful in beating any pressure.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ive discovered a very weak point. Be a smaller second

1. How do y'all make open field defenders, nickel/safety/corners miss in open field?

I have a good ability running between the tackles nd I'm fairly good when blocking holds are getting a stretch or power to get to the edge but I can't break anything long because I can never beat that last guy. I've tried jukes, spins, stiff arm, slow step/backwards juke none of it works for me.

2. Is there a better way on zone plays or anything wide to quick cut and get down hill? I've had some success with the juke stick but it doesn't always quickly get me going upfield when the hole opens.
All I do is Nguyen
I usually juke or spin
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Spin I tend to get caught up and someone comes from behind, juke just seems to create contact and arm tackles that are 100% effective.

Rhat last prt seriously chaps my as*. My RB is a 97 rated power back that weighs 215…that isn't someone who should always get arm tackled by a small DB
AgsMyDude
AG
In a playoff game I went to OT against Oregon. The game jacked up and made CPU drive the length of the field. Then just put me in the 25 yard line like normal.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AgsMyDude said:

In a playoff game I went to OT against Oregon. The game jacked up and made CPU drive the length of the field. Then just put me in the 25 yard line like normal.

I had Chappel get burned for like six 60+ yard passes by Nyck Harbor when I was playing South Carolina. On one of those Harbor was 20 yards down field basically at the snap. They've definitely got some stuff to clean up.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Honestly? If you're in the open field already and you've got the angle for it, try hurdling. I've found that slows your momentum less than a juke or spin so you can keep most of your speed once you land and not get chased down by whoever is behind you.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I admit I haven't tried that. Old games hurdle never did much so my thumb reactions just don't seem to think there first.

Also, back in the day you could high step etc if you had a break going into the end zone. Does none of that exist anymore? Just spinning jumps over the line?
tmaggie50
AG
I think they are going to have to work on end containment for defense. It is way too easy to get the edge on runs IMO. Especially on plays like jet sweeps.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
On good teams possibly. My RTG player as a freshman at Navy couldn't hardly get outside there was always containment. At Sam as a sophomore it was a little better but still better success running an inside zone.

Now as a junior for the Aggies getting the edge was fabulous and easy
ac04
learning which spin or juke to use helps a lot. different animations for both depending if you're sprinting or not. also practicing setting up the angle for the specific juke or spin helps a lot.
All I do is Nguyen
My power back is 235 with 88 power for now, he's a sophomore, and I've learned safeties LOVE to cut tackle me so I've started leaping over them lol works like a charm and now they do it less so I can stiff arm or truck
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Also, back in the day you could high step etc if you had a break going into the end zone. Does none of that exist anymore? Just spinning jumps over the line?

If you hold down the triggers while running and hold down I think X (ps5) or A (Xbox) you can do something like this. Can't remember the button for sure you hold down off the top of my head, but the combo is similar to when you do one of those spinning dives into the end zone.
Josepi
AG
On Xbox hold down both triggers and A at the same time while running to the end zone.

Be careful though. If you get hit when celebrating it's usually a fumble.
CoachRTM
AG
Also make sure you hit the L and R triggers, not the L and R bumpers

The left bumper pitches the ball back to the other team….. I learned the hard way.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Since when are those called triggers/bumpers and not L1/L2 R1/R2
beatlesphan
AG
Playing dynasty as coach of UMass...was tied with Mizzou in 2OT, intercepted their QB, then I had it had the 2 and just wanted to kick the FG for the win...but it wasn't an option! Argh!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I had that happen against my son once for an extra point.
SquareOne07
AG
Yep me too…forced me to go for it on 4th & 11 when I had the ball first in OT.

Guess who didn't convert and then lost by a FG?

Me.
BQRyno
AG
You know you can go into formation and select fg that way, right?
SquareOne07
AG
BQRyno said:

You know you can go into formation and select fg that way, right?

Yep, went to Special Teams and everything
joshpettett
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Since when are those called triggers/bumpers and not L1/L2 R1/R2
Xbox has always called them triggers and bumpers since they used the 4 button system on the 360. Because one set of buttons are triggers, and one set are just bumpers.
Playstation has always called them L1/L2 R1/R2
I Like Mike
AG
All I have to say is PS Portal for the win with NCAA25. I get my football fix without taking up the TV for the entire family. However, when me and the boy play Minecraft, the TV is ours.
NC2001
AG
I Like Mike said:

All I have to say is PS Portal for the win with NCAA25. I get my football fix without taking up the TV for the entire family. However, when me and the boy play Minecraft, the TV is ours.

I'm intrigued about this PS Portal…tell me more.

Purchased a PS5 last Christmas just for the anticipation of this game. I'm not up to speed on all the new accessories out there.
I Like Mike
AG
Closest comparison I can make is like a Steam Deck for the PS5. It has a PS5 controller with 8 inch screen that allows you to remote play your PS5 from anywhere. I sat on my couch last night and played NCAA while my wife watched TV in the same room. Just have to enable Remote Play on the PS5. If handheld mobile gaming is your jam, it's a good investment. I got it for $199. You can take it anywhere that gets wi-fi (hotel, Starbucks, etc). Recent updates have made it MUCH more stable and useable away from home. Pretty good battery life (5-6 hours on a charge).

AgsMyDude
AG
Damn, I didn't know about this. Travelling today and would kill to be on the sticks.

Is that on top of the PlayStation system cost?
SquareOne07
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Damn, I didn't know about this. Travelling today and would kill to be on the sticks.

You're not able to use it away from the PS5, they have to be on the same WiFi network.
txag2k
AG
SquareOne07 said:

AgsMyDude said:

You're not able to use it away from the PS5, they have to be on the same WiFi network.

actually, my son was down for my wedding last week and brought his with him. He just had to make sure his PS five was on at home and not shut off or in sleep mode. It's literally just a streaming device so there's really not a comparison with a steam deck.

He loves it and takes it everywhere when he's traveling and has spare time to hit the sticks. but even he said it's completely a luxury item.
SquareOne07
AG
txag2k said:

SquareOne07 said:

AgsMyDude said:

actually, my son was down for my wedding last week and brought his with him. He just had to make sure his PS five was on at home and not shut off or in sleep mode. It's literally just a streaming device so there's really not a comparison with a steam deck.

He loves it and takes it everywhere when he's traveling and has spare time to hit the sticks. but even he said it's completely a luxury item.

Oh that's awesome then, thanks for correcting me. That's a game changer for sure!
I Like Mike
AG
Yep the newest software update made it playable away from home. Just have to get a decent wifi signal and it is good to go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.