New NCAA football video game updates?

82,782 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, can tell you from experience that the online portion of a fanbase is a) a tiny percentage of the full player base, b) the most vocally unhappy collection of any fanbase, and c) despite complaining incessantly, still playing and spending.

Even if you have thousands of people complaining about your game online, they're still playing, and that's all that matters from EA's point of view.
ac04
lots of updates today from guys who got to play the game

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5523815/2024/05/29/ea-sports-college-football-25-video-game-features/

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5525517/2024/05/29/college-football-25-video-game-dynasty-mode/

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5525588/2024/05/29/ea-sports-college-football-25-video-games-nil/
MW03
AG
Quote:

Even the Texas A&M red, white and blue crowd after 9/11 is in the game I'm not sure how that one activates, but special crowd colors will happen for the biggest games in Dynasty mode.
ac04
this is the most in-depth article about the actual gameplay that i've found so far:

https://uproxx.com/sports/ea-sports-college-football-25-first-gameplay-review/
Broncos
ac04 said:

this is the most in-depth article about the actual gameplay that i've found so far:

https://uproxx.com/sports/ea-sports-college-football-25-first-gameplay-review/

No exporting draft classes per this article. Has to do with licensing.
txag2k
AG
Fffffff. I used to love doing that in the old game
All I do is Nguyen
I don't plan on getting madden so this doesn't bother me. I'm excited for the new dynasty system
Murder Hornet
AG
This! I only bought Madden to scratch the itch when the college game disappeared
ac04
no draft class exporting is disappointing but i get it. RTG player can be exported to continue career in madden superstar mode though. not my thing but my son loves it so i'll probably wind up getting both.
aggievaulter07
AG
Updates coming tomorrow on YouTube...

"I think aggievaulter07 may be the first person on TexAgs to actually back his **** up. I'm astounded, a little confused, and possibly hungry. I need some time to think about what this means." -MW03
jr15aggie
AG
There are previews of the game out there now... they invited some journalists to try the game. I don't have any links, I've only just glanced at a couple of them. But the overall experience sounds very positive and they noted that it is NOT just madden with a college skin.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Just ordered me an Xbox in anticipation of this game.
TAMUallen
AG
Nobody Knows My Name said:

Sir, who I don't know your name, you'll need the Xbox Series X
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
bluefire579 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I honestly think EA knows Madden is dying so they're trying to entice people with the bundle. I HOPE that EA learned a valuable lesson having a multi year development cycle for the new NCAA game, that they plan to NOT release a new college football game every year and just update the rosters
Not sure where you get the idea that Madden is dying from...the data consistently suggests otherwise: https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/electronic-arts-ea-earnings-madden-nfl-1235994653/

Yep, Madden's sales continue growing YOY. Any review of Circana data proves that
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
TAMUallen said:

Sir, who I don't know your name, you'll need the Xbox Series X

On it! Costco has them on sale right now for $450 with extra controller. Hopefully that's a decent deal…
wangus12
AG
Lol that was not really a deep dive or coherent gameplay. Would have liked to see them show a full drive or something.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Enjoyed them showing DKR and the horns when talking about daunting environments. That was comical.
jr15aggie
AG
Well, as far as graphics go, the game looks fantastic!

Also... Weigman to Owens option play sighting!
Captain Winky
Yeah, it was hard to get a sense of the gameplay with a bunch of choppy videos that were less than 4 seconds long.
Richierich2323
The EA website has a deep dive on all of the play features. It is more indepth than the trailer on youtube and has me really excited about the game.

Here is the link: https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/college-football-25-gameplay-deep-dive

Broncos
*Impatiently waiting until July 16th*
Captain Winky
I will likely turn off most of the new features. I always turned off injuries, fatigue, and home-field advantage because it always went overboard. The wear and tear system just seems like injuries and fatigue on steroids.
Pman17
AG

ac04
Pman17 said:

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Our helmets look like trash there
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Logo definitely looks too small. I noticed in some of the videos OU's letters looked way too thick on their helmets.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I seriously can't wait for this.
Broncos
July 16th can't get here soon enough.
jr15aggie
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Logo definitely looks too small. I noticed in some of the videos OU's letters looked way too thick on their helmets.

I thought the same thing... our helmet logo is too small. Not the end of the world, but that's going to annoy me if they don't fix it. Of all the team specific / amazing details I've seen in the trailers, how do you not get the logo size right from helmet scans???

Or maybe it's 100% accurate and it's just me.
Ags2013
AG

My PS5 just came in
caleblyn
New xBox X comes in today, after Best Buy dropped it to $399 this past Sunday in response to xBox's latest new hardware announcement.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Was there something more to the announcement than one with a larger hard drive and them being white? I'm not seeing anything else.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Any hardware changes worth noting or mainly just cosmetic / different configuration options?
All I do is Nguyen
I just got a series X, gonna be pissed if they release a newer better version lol
jr15aggie
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I just got a series X, gonna be pissed if they release a newer better version lol

Congrats! It's a really great system.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.