New NCAA football video game updates?

82,778 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Kraft Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This game is a disaster

Why didn't the just copy the madden 24 gameplay?

Much smoother, much less fake ass cpu bull****, much less frustrating gameplay

I don't understand how they managed to **** this up so bad
Brock Sampson
AG
Anybody else notice how when playing online every player is a freshman from Alabama?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We appreciate the in depth explanation

You're literally the only person I've heard express dislike for the game. I'm personally very happy with the run game mechanics, Madden running the football is worthless, nothing hardly works
HTownAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone's Dynasty freeze after simming to the next possession?

No but I was playing Penn State in the Music City Bowl and heading into OT both teams called the coin toss and the game froze.
tmaggie50
AG
Anyone know a defense to stop the option? Just had someone run the option with Kansas every single play and no defense could cover it. Stunted to the outside with dline every play. Had preference set to take the pitch man but that never worked. Blitzed safeties, ram zone defense, zone blitzes man, man blitzes.

Nothing came close to keeping contain.
Brock Sampson
AG
Blitz heavy and play a LB that can easily get over the top is how I do it. Basically reserve myself for the pitch man and have everybody else on the QB.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
tmaggie50 said:

Anyone know a defense to stop the option? Just had someone run the option with Kansas every single play and no defense could cover it. Stunted to the outside with dline every play. Had preference set to take the pitch man but that never worked. Blitzed safeties, ram zone defense, zone blitzes man, man blitzes.

Nothing came close to keeping contain.

If they are Flexbone, the 6-1 playing C2/C4 is ideal. Play as the Mike and fill inside out and as long as the edge is getting set, you should wear them out.
1836er
AG
RAM700BA said:

Anyone mess around with creating a custom playbook yet? Do I have to set a play for every situation in order to save?
Yes, I found that out the hard way.
AtticusMatlock
In my opinion this game plays more smooth than Madden. I think the physics are better. I think the tackling ability needs to be tweaked and the AI for edge contain needs to be greatly improved. Those are things that can be pushed with updates.

My only major major gripe is the lack of a real tutorial. The game just assumes you know the passing controls.
RAM700BA
AG
1836er said:

RAM700BA said:

Anyone mess around with creating a custom playbook yet? Do I have to set a play for every situation in order to save?

Ugh, that was a slog. They need to change how that is done. Not a good UX.
1836er
AG
RAM700BA said:

1836er said:

RAM700BA said:

Ugh, that was a slog. They need to change how that is done. Not a good UX.

Fortunately you can copy and paste to other scenarios from 1st and ten if you want
KlinkerAg11
AG
How the hell do I play defense?

I'm getting killed and can't figure out why.

I'm running basic zones but can't seem to cover anyone or get pressure on the qb using just 4.
beatlesphan
AG
I agree. Watching some YT vids has made me better on offense but my D still sucks. I have to win shoot outs
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr.Bond
AG
Defensively I'm not bad but I'm always susceptible to giant ****in plays. 4th and 25...... opponent will get it 100% of the time. It's insane
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Thunder18
AG
Cover 1 schemes seem to be working best for me on defense. Shifting the defensive front (RB then L or R on left stick) has made a huge difference in shutting down the run game and getting to the QB. I get burned on deep pass plays every now and then but far less than when I play zone d
RAM700BA
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

How the hell do I play defense?

I'm getting killed and can't figure out why.

I'm running basic zones but can't seem to cover anyone or get pressure on the qb using just 4.

Shells have helped me a bit with forcing turnovers, but I've pretty much resigned to bend don't break.
All I do is Nguyen
Make sure you disguise your coverages with the Y or Triangle buttons. If you're in man 2 show cover 3, etc
MW03
AG
Adjusting the sliders on the CPU pass defense settings has made a world of difference for me. I took interceptions way down, and I took pass recognition and coverage a little bit down. I feel like I can actually pass now with something of a challenge, but the LBers don't drop and pick every single slant now, and the FS doesn't magically blanket the entire field.
Josepi
AG
How do you do that?
All I do is Nguyen
Pre snap hit the triangle or Y button and it's either left or right on the d pad or left stick. Sometimes if you're in cover 3 you can't show 3 but you can show 2
Brock Sampson
AG
If I'm in a zone coverage I always use the flat defender to the boundary. You can't see the field due to the camera on offense so that's a tougher pass. Set your DL to pass rush.

If I'm in a man coverage I usually go 2 man unless blitzing. People have figured out how to cheese the game and if you get cover 1 it's an automatic fade most of the time. I'll play the MLB or whoever is man on the RB. If he blocks I'll drop to the middle to take away slants. If it's 3rd and long I'll have a DT drop and spy the QB while having the ends rush hard.
Kraft Punk
MW03 said:

Adjusting the sliders on the CPU pass defense settings has made a world of difference for me. I took interceptions way down, and I took pass recognition and coverage a little bit down. I feel like I can actually pass now with something of a challenge, but the LBers don't drop and pick every single slant now, and the FS doesn't magically blanket the entire field.

I think this is my issue/frustration... what settings did you use?

I can run all day but passing is a ****ing joke... 70% of passes are picked off & I'm only playing all american
MW03
AG
I think I took interceptions from 50 to 15 and pass recognition and pass defense/coverage to 25
Dr. Horrible
My problem with D is that the players don't do what they're supposed to resulting in tons of blown coverage. Supposed to cover the flat? Nope, immediately dives inside. Supposed to play deep third? Nope, runs up to play the slant. Not to mention other bugs like players just standing still and not responding, or the worst one I had was a third and long where the wr literally stuck his hands through the defender to grab the ball for the first.
Richierich2323
On defense, you need to have a "base" coverage. This is your normal coverage that you know like the back of
your hand. It should not have much if any blitz's in it but should be able to cover deep route and marginally be able to get to every route without giving up a big play.

I have been running a lot of 3-2-5. My base defense is cover 2 (two safeties in zone, and play man 2 man underneath). That is my basic coverage. From there, I will change my "looks" by playing different players in the defense based on who my opponent is mostly throwing to and then I will jump into a blitz package or change into a straight up zone to change things up from time to time.

Some things that I do pre-snap that have helped with my base defense:
- Press my CB's or give more space
- Take one of my zone coverage safeties and double cover the defenses main threat.
- Put my DE in a zone or user and rush him outside (Some guys don't like the pressure even if you are too far out to get a sack).

Against teams that do a lot of scrambling with their QB I will turn one of my MLB's (who is normally covering the RB) into a QB spy. Then I will user one of the DE's on the RB to get anything thrown in the flat to the RB.

I do struggle against the run as my team online is not built for it but thankfully touchdown tango requires 25 yards for a first down so normally. I can play enough run defense for a down or two to force them to have to pass on the later downs.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Richierich2323 said:

On defense, you need to have a "base" coverage. This is your normal coverage that you know like the back of
your hand. It should not have much if any blitz's in it but should be able to cover deep route and marginally be able to get to every route without giving up a big play.

I have been running a lot of 3-2-5. My base defense is cover 2 (two safeties in zone, and play man 2 man underneath). That is my basic coverage. From there, I will change my "looks" by playing different players in the defense based on who my opponent is mostly throwing to and then I will jump into a blitz package or change into a straight up zone to change things up from time to time.

Some things that I do pre-snap that have helped with my base defense:
- Press my CB's or give more space
- Take one of my zone coverage safeties and double cover the defenses main threat.
- Put my DE in a zone or user and rush him outside (Some guys don't like the pressure even if you are too far out to get a sack).

Against teams that do a lot of scrambling with their QB I will turn one of my MLB's (who is normally covering the RB) into a QB spy. Then I will user one of the DE's on the RB to get anything thrown in the flat to the RB.

I do struggle against the run as my team online is not built for it but thankfully touchdown tango requires 25 yards for a first down so normally. I can play enough run defense for a down or two to force them to have to pass on the later downs.

Where does the 11th player play in a 3-2-5?
All I do is Nguyen
It's usually a nickel with four DBs
ac04
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

My problem is I don't ever seem to gain points to upgrade anything. The practices is where I would think that comes but that only gains coaches trust it seems.

Games I get on a roll and then get subbed out so I never get the big points for touchdowns etc.

School time requires way too much time imo and limits energy points to be able to use elsewhere.

I just transferred from Navy to Sam and I'm getting more touches etc. I find it very hit or miss on being able to run the hurry up, haven't figured out why sometimes it allows me to and sometimes it doesn't.

I started using the Aggies playbook with Sam and it's a good mix for a RB. Their spread playbook I wasn't a fan of, I don't mind some zone from shotgun but occasionally I want my guy coming downhill out of pistol or under center.
you really have to prioritize training each week. i almost always spent on training and health first. then i'd figure out if i had enough energy to train and heal again. if so, do it again unless your academics are a mess and you have a test coming up in the next couple weeks. if not, i wouldn't train again because i always wanted to go into the game with 0 wear and tear. if its a bye week you can get away with not having to heal after training, but you'll have to fix it the following week.

the other way to get skill points is by accumulating XP in the games. i would definitely turn fatigue down a bit so you have more opportunities. 25-30 seems to be the sweet spot for realism.

some of the subbing could also be the depth chart for the situational RB spots (3DRB and PWHB). being the starter doesn't necessarily mean you're on top of the depth chart at all RB positions, there may be another back they're bringing in on 3rd downs and/or at the goal line.
AggieKatie2
AG
Most commonly occurring uncalled penalty….CPU defender late hit out of bounds…..I'd say 90% of plays on the sideline. It's crazy. Never called once.

*****, overly called penalty….roughing kicker on XPs and punter. Called sooooooo much, even for a minor bump that doesn't even knock them over. I go safe 100% of the time now. Not worth the risk.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

That's a 3-3-5

But I'm just being a contrarian ass. Apologies.
txag2k
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

That's a 3-3-5

But I'm just being a contrarian ass. Apologies.
I love the 3-3-5 PB I'm using Rajun Cajuns maybe. Also, I suck on defense so take that with a grain of salt
Zachary Klement
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

nickstro66 said:

I've been enjoying the game but there are a few things that annoy me

• Not being able to edit players
  • Not being able to edit coaches
  • Not being able to track where coaches have come from when you are trying to hire people
  • Not being able to mass sub players during games
  • A&M's boring-ass uniforms

I wish you could at least edit the player's numbers in dynasty.

It bugs me when I make a position change and their number stays the same and it doesn't make sense. I have a TE wearing 74 right now and a safety wearing 83. Haha
My QB in dynasty was assigned #12…
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Anybody had some fun recruit names?
Thunder18
AG
I signed Jimmy Manziel (ironically...a DB)
I recruited but did not sign Johnny Cochran - WR. His scouting report indicated large hand size, great for a WR but apparently he has issues fitting them into his gloves
Broncos
There's a Pat McAfee that plays DE that looks like the real Pat McAfee.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.