New NCAA football video game updates?

82,768 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

A&M's playbook looks like a lot of what Klein did at KState last year. A lot of heavier shotgun sets with a mix of power, counter, zone, etc. It is not Jimbo's offense.

Ruben Owens in the zone run game (especially outside zone) is money. There's a lot of emphasis on the right stick and if you master it he can have huge games. I mix up Moss and Owens a lot. Moss better at inside zone. Reading the cutback opportunities is very rewarding in this game. Takes some practice.
on 4 wide it seems to default Smith in at RB. Must be a better receiver
AtticusMatlock
For every H2H online game I have to hit pause, go in and set rosters to auto depth chart and it fixes it. Kind of dumb. It also puts Owens at starter at RB. I haven't done much in other game modes.

Also a good tip is to put in Crownover at blocking TE - he's 91 OVR and beastly.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
MillerLatte said:

I have noticed the same with mine. It is frustrating.

I want to run a 1 - 2 punch with Owens and Moss but can't figure out how to set it up unless I make a coaching change on depth chart during the game.

Same. I can't even get it to stop using Moss in a blowout. He's actually number 2 on the depth chart but gets used as the number one and even moving him to four it kept him in the game. The other positions I was able to get guys out but not HB.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

MillerLatte said:

I have noticed the same with mine. It is frustrating.

I want to run a 1 - 2 punch with Owens and Moss but can't figure out how to set it up unless I make a coaching change on depth chart during the game.

Same. I can't even get it to stop using Moss in a blowout. He's actually number 2 on the depth chart but gets used as the number one and even moving him to four it kept him in the game. The other positions I was able to get guys out but not HB.

Best bet is putting one as your third down back and the other as the power/short yardage back and then playing with the substitution sliders.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Couple Questions for online mode.

Is Road to CFP Playoff only way to play random people?

Also, how do you change your playbook in online play?
AgShaun00
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

change it in team settings
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

A&M's playbook looks like a lot of what Klein did at KState last year. A lot of heavier shotgun sets with a mix of power, counter, zone, etc. It is not Jimbo's offense.

Ruben Owens in the zone run game (especially outside zone) is money. There's a lot of emphasis on the right stick and if you master it he can have huge games. I mix up Moss and Owens a lot. Moss better at inside zone. Reading the cutback opportunities is very rewarding in this game. Takes some practice.
good. Because that's always been my complaint in games. Well blocked and correctly read run plays wouldn't be rewarded like in real life.

Madden is horrible in run game in my opinion.
ac04
Gomer95 said:

Can you only play 1 team in a dynasty at a time? My daughter goes to Oklahoma State and I wanted to do a season and play with both the Ags and Pokes. I guess that was only for a season not a dynasty, right?
you can control multiple teams in the same dynasty. not near a PS5 so i don't remember the exact naming convention, but once you get to the first preseason week in a new dynasty R1 over to the far right menu and near the bottom of the list there is an option to add a new member. my son and i started one with louisiana and texas state but he got tired of how bad they sucked pretty quick. going to do a SEC one next.
AgsMyDude
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

Pre game or in game?

I don't see anyway in the cfb playoff mode to change playbook
Russ Dalrymple
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

Doesn't seem to work for me

I've got it changed in settings but keeps defaulting to the team specific playbook when playing online
AtticusMatlock
In the Road to the Playoff mode they have decided to force each team's playbook. One of the reasons stated is competitive balance. As the primary ranked competitive mode they don't want people getting Georgia or Alabama and running nothing but gimmick plays. Even though it has flaws they want the game to play more like a true sim.

I wish they would branch it off into two modes. One for people who take the game more seriously and one who just want to play random people for fun and have the rankings split.

I played one game on Ultimate Team mode so not sure about that one other than I know I absolutely did not have A&M's playbook but never picked a playbook going into the game.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Thanks for clarifying

I guess there are no old school lobbies where you could play unranked games, etc. I'm
AtticusMatlock
As far as I know you can invite a friend online and play with custom playbooks but not play a random person. The good thing about almost everyone having broadband internet now is they can easily patch it into the game.
All I do is Nguyen
I've had great success with the screens
Quincey P. Morris
AG
All that has ever happened when I play other people is I get my ass kicked. I'm good pretending I know what I'm doing playing the computer.
RingOfive
AG
I just play the computer and I still get my ass kicked.
AgsMyDude
AG
Man the kicking is absolutely way too difficult

Everyone is missing 25 yarders
AgsWin2011
AG
It's hard but I finally beat Notre Dame game 1. I chose a different offense and it opened up Moose. And the sweep pass to Moose is basically a first down every time.

CavitationAG
AG
Anyone else seeing bugs on the recruiting in Dynasty? I'll be in a players top 5 for weeks but it won't let me schedule visits. Not all the players, but a good # of them.

I'm using Pro Style - Generic playbook and it's been the best of the bunch I've run through.
CavitationAG
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Man the kicking is absolutely way too difficult

Everyone is missing 25 yarders
Yeah even on extra points the A&M kicker (for me at least) will shank it to the left even if I hit the kick straight.
Thunder18
AG
Moose is a cheat code on punt returns
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I hate you all so much hahaha

Killing me
CAR96
AG
Yea my kicking game is awful.

How can you set a new offense?

How can you play Notre Dame again?
Naked Hiker
AG
AgFB said:

Played this morning and started a dynasty with the Ags.

Is this just a dynasty thing or did they change our home field advantage ranking to no. 5? That's what it was when playing ND.

SIAM.

This confused me too
AgsWin2011
AG
CAR96 said:

Yea my kicking game is awful.

How can you set a new offense?

How can you play Notre Dame again?

Set a different team's offense before you start the game. Hit team settings around the same menu as the jersey selection settings.

Basically I paused the game and went back to the main menu and it didn't save the game progress. I beat them by 17 once I changed to a different teams playbook.
AgsMyDude
AG
https://brobible.com/sports/article/nyckoles-harbor-college-football-25/

Can confirm. Just made someone quit after going up 23-0 in the first. This Harbor guy is 6'5" , fast as hell, and catches everything
CAR96
AG
So to use the South Carolina player you have to play as the SC team… or can you somehow transfer portal him.

This game is complicated.
AgsMyDude
AG
CAR96 said:

So to use the South Carolina player you have to play as the SC team… or can you somehow transfer portal him.

This game is complicated.

I played online as SC.
Broncos
Finally got to play some tonight. Kicking wasn't hard. I am however bad at defense.

It's definitely not a Madden reskin. It's going to take some adjustment getting used to everything.

First impression though is great. Definitely ready to get a dynasty going.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AgsMyDude said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/nyckoles-harbor-college-football-25/

Can confirm. Just made someone quit after going up 23-0 in the first. This Harbor guy is 6'5" , fast as hell, and catches everything
That just makes me wish we'd gotten this game a season earlier so we could have played with Ainias.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Has anybody used anything to try to generate custom logos for team builder when it finally goes live? I tried on copilot and couldn't get it to generate a logo and not a full picture without saying "for a football helmet." When I did that though it would stick it on the side of a football helmet.
tmaggie50
AG
I experienced the EJ Smith issue tonight. I was wondering if they just kept putting him in because he was the "hot hand". His first play he busted a long td run and then I hit him on a go route for a touchdown. That's all I can think of. Moving him around the depth chart didn't help.
They need to bring back the option to sub certain players into certain formations when choosing plays. You used to be able to make those adjustments on the playcall screen.

Lastly, the wear and tear system is cool but there is no option to take the player out. Has anyone found a way to pull them when they are high risk?
joshpettett
AG
You can still change sub packages on the play selection screen
AgsMyDude
AG
I forgot how Infuriating it is to play online against a team WAY better than yours.

I tried searching for lower tier teams but it keeps placing me against teams that are 10 overall higher
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
AgFB said:

Played this morning and started a dynasty with the Ags.

Is this just a dynasty thing or did they change our home field advantage ranking to no. 5? That's what it was when playing ND.

SIAM.

I think it's a dynasty thing. There are also a lot of teams with different overall ratings in dynasty versus in play now for some reason as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.