New NCAA football video game updates?

82,767 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
State of Texas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not yet. I would expect we will know this week. 21 minute h2h gameplay video drops tomorrow at 10 am.

Per EA
July 8 - Gameplay
July 9 - College Ultimate Team
July 10 - Launch Roster Reveal
July 11 - Road to Glory Deep Dive
txag2k
AG
wangus12
AG
Game looks good, but man that presentation was brutal. Would have rather they had 2 developers play it.
Ags2013
AG
10 days away!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Man, really would have been cool if this was on steam/pc.

May have to go out and get a ps5.
txag2k
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Someone WILL 100% create a way to play on both a SteamDeck and PC.

LOVE NERDS.
jr15aggie
AG
txag2k said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Someone WILL 100% create a way to play on both a SteamDeck and PC.

LOVE NERDS.

I will be playing this on my steam deck day one... streaming from my Series X!

Will be a great way to do recruiting and team management and not being tied to the man cave.
JW
AG
looks great
BTHOthatguy
AG
What time will game launch?
Gomer95
AG
I have played NCAA Football since I got my PS 1 WAY back in 1997 lol and it's my favorite video game series of all time. I never really did recruiting though because I always just let the game do it automatically to save me time. I loved the rest of everything in it though and I just wondered how many of you actually always took the time do recruiting during the games? I know a lot of folks did, just not sure how many.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Wheatables02
AG
I never did but I'm intrigued now.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Gomer95 said:

I have played NCAA Football since I got my PS 1 WAY back in 1997 lol and it's my favorite video game series of all time. I never really did recruiting though because I always just let the game do it automatically to save me time. I loved the rest of everything in it though and I just wondered how many of you actually always took the time do recruiting during the games? I know a lot of folks did, just not sure how many.

We had a couple of online dynasties going in NCAA 08 (I think), with schools that were 2 star or lower. It was fun finding some hidden gem 1 and 2 stars. Found one WR that was 6'10" and had 99 speed. He had terrible catch attributes but it didn't matter since he was normally so wide open I could manually catch it.

It did start to become a beating though.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I always thought it would be cool if they could somehow link it to an app or something on the web so you could do your recruiting and roster management in your phone.
Gomer95
AG
My favorite accomplishment ever was on my PS2 in that I won a few National Championships with A&M, then took over at Wake Forest for a few seasons with 3 NCs, and then left to be the Coach at Army and the first year shocker I got to the NC game but it was against MY Wake Forest Team I had built up the previous 3 years. That was pretty cool. That was back when if you just won enough the recruiting simulation would reflect that and you truly could turn a nobody into a powerhouse. And yes Army won it over my old team and let's just ignore the realism of a college football world where Wake Forest is playing Army for it all lol. Anyway, there's my nerdy NCAA Football moment I am proud of.
aggievaulter07
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I always thought it would be cool if they could somehow link it to an app or something on the web so you could do your recruiting and roster management in your phone.
I believe Team Builder has had a web interface at some point in the past, which was handy. I like your idea, too. At this point in time, it wouldn't be crazy to have a useful companion phone app for both Dynasty and Team Builder stuff, too.
"I think aggievaulter07 may be the first person on TexAgs to actually back his **** up. I'm astounded, a little confused, and possibly hungry. I need some time to think about what this means." -MW03
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
One of my favorite NCAA moments was playing in the championship game against Ohio State. I was down by 2 with about 4 seconds left and the ball almost to their 40, and right at that moment my dad walked in. I was debating whether to kick the FG or try a traditional play. My dad convinced me to try the kick, and I nailed the 57 yarder with Matt Szymanski to win it.
jr15aggie
AG
Gomer95 said:

My favorite accomplishment ever was on my PS2 in that I won a few National Championships with A&M, then took over at Wake Forest for a few seasons with 3 NCs, and then left to be the Coach at Army and the first year shocker I got to the NC game but it was against MY Wake Forest Team I had built up the previous 3 years. That was pretty cool. That was back when if you just won enough the recruiting simulation would reflect that and you truly could turn a nobody into a powerhouse. And yes Army won it over my old team and let's just ignore the realism of a college football world where Wake Forest is playing Army for it all lol. Anyway, there's my nerdy NCAA Football moment I am proud of.

I've actually had this thought for this game... because the graphics and atmosphere is so good in this latest version, I really would like to play in as many stadiums as possible.

After I win a few championships with A&M, I think it would be really great to move to a Big 10 & ACC school and play those for a few seasons to hopefully see all the different stadiums. I'm not really sure how the new alignments & schedules will work so I might have to move around to match up with different schools.

I think I'll have a lot more fun doing that instead of just winning 12 consecutive championships with the Ags like I used to do.
Gomer95
AG
Yes and I always picked a junky school in a conference with people I liked to play against like the Big 10 or ACC because not only is it fun but it boosts your ranking when you beat them. Army was a one time thing for me because I liked the option lol and I think at the time their team was ranked #119 out of 119 teams haha.
degreedy
AG
txag2k said:

this looks amazing, I even got the wife interested in watching this!
State of Texas
Next Monday at 3pm CST if you pre-ordered the Deluxe or MVP bundle...or the 10 hour EA pass.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I wish stores did a midnight release like back in the day
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My son's ps5 needs more memory for his old ps4 games. Any recommendations one a flash drive capable of storing them that he can play off of?
wangus12
AG
No point since like 80% of sales are digital now. I miss going to a Gamestop for a new release
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
wangus12 said:

No point since like 80% of sales are digital now. I miss going to a Gamestop for a new release
more reason to draw people in to stores in my opinion. Get it midnight physically have to wait till whatever time on 19th for digital
nickstro66
AG

Had to hop on the trend
Broncos
It looks like SHSU is going to be a popular one.
txag2k
AG
Gomer95 said:

Taking New Mexico State to 3 back to back to back natties did it for me. I LOVED recruiting and coaching. I can't WAIT to spend hours and hours of my time (I'll never get back) trying to get HS sophs in for a visit where I can wine and dine them with hookers n blow.

Glory days await.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL, as if spending time following real life teenager recruiting wasn't enough of a waste of time... here we go with digital teenager recruiting!
Broncos
Roster reveal TODAY!

Interested to see what all they will be releasing. I'm hoping it's a full player rating site like they have for Madden.
MW03
AG
Ags2013
AG
Nic Scourton the lone Ag in the top 100 player ratings (at 88)

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/roster/player-filter/player-team/105
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I hope they give more roster rating details. Calling it a roster reveal and only showing 100 players is lame.
Broncos
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I hope they give more roster rating details. Calling it a roster reveal and only showing 100 players is lame.
They haven't dropped their "news release" so I'm hopeful they give us more than that.
Johnsy3
AG

I believe this is the fastest players of the top 100…even Stewart number 2?
double aught
AG
I think I've got an idea of the answer, but: Why is the game called College Football 25 and not College Football 24?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.