New NCAA football video game updates?

82,784 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/college-football-25-team-builder

Based on this you can't use an actual team's roster. I always ended up recreating A&M so I could get more uniform combos. Guess that's a no go.
AgShaun00
AG
MW03 said:

I finally figured out how to run the RPO and now Nabou is an illegal man downfield every time I complete a pass out of it hahaha
i got a Off PI on my OL on an RPO
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Holy Toledo our night has been made!

We preordered through Game Stop when we bought our ps5 through them. They just called and said I can pay it off and pick it up tonight at 8!

And by having a membership through them along with the ps5 purchase we got $15 off the game as well

You have to live when a play pays off
Ags2013
AG
Gig em G said:

What difficulty are you guys playing right now?

Varsity seemed a bit too easy after a couple games, now I am on All-American. Lost like 3-4 games in a row but finally beat Vandy 50-3. Mixing in more runs definitely seems to help against the CPU…I think I was calling way too many pass plays before and it was adjusting.

Play action plays with Weigman is almost too good.

I've been winning on All-American but I'm about 70/30 Run/Pass.

I throw way too many picks and can't get a rhythm throwing. I really like the gun zone read, speed option and RPO.
tylercsbn9
AG
So I did the 10 hour trial and I used my 10 hours up and went to buy the game. Yet I am still able to play it without buying it. When my time was up the game just shut off yesterday. I no longer get the message about playing the trial or upgrading. Nor do I get the alert telling me how much time i have left. The purchase doesn't show up in my history either. Anyone else have this happen?
AgsWin2011
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

So I did the 10 hour trial and I used my 10 hours up and went to buy the game. Yet I am still able to play it without buying it. When my time was up the game just shut off yesterday. I no longer get the message about playing the trial or upgrading. Nor do I get the alert telling me how much time i have left. The purchase doesn't show up in my history either. Anyone else have this happen?

Don't question it man, just let it ride.
jr15aggie
AG
You're like Milton in office space!
All I do is Nguyen
My RTG RB as a sophomore. The it O line is good in the game. They would really start dominating defenses late game. I was also first team All American
Gig em G
AG
Ags2013 said:

Gig em G said:

What difficulty are you guys playing right now?

Varsity seemed a bit too easy after a couple games, now I am on All-American. Lost like 3-4 games in a row but finally beat Vandy 50-3. Mixing in more runs definitely seems to help against the CPU…I think I was calling way too many pass plays before and it was adjusting.

Play action plays with Weigman is almost too good.

I've been winning on All-American but I'm about 70/30 Run/Pass.

I throw way too many picks and can't get a rhythm throwing. I really like the gun zone read, speed option and RPO.

I need to figure out the zone read and options plays better, and get better on defense. CPU QB is killing me on any pass play.

I felt good about myself finally getting one blowout win on All American but I'm back to struggling to beat any decently rated team again. Ha…oh well
cupcakesprinkles
AG
How's the recruiting? My preordered copy arrives today.
Broncos
What a name.
All I do is Nguyen
If you're familiar with the Key and Peele college football player introductions skit, that's the inspiration
Broncos
Awesome. I forgot about that.
All I do is Nguyen
My RTG QB is Saggitariut Jefferspin the only A&M player from the skit lol
tmaggie50
AG
I am still really struggling with the passing. I plan on watching a few videos. I watched one that showed with the new passing mechanics you could really hit back shoulder passes on go routes when the defender is in solid coverage.

It seems the buttons for receivers are constantly switching every play so it's really hard to remember all the moving parts. In the old game you could count on a certain button being a certain slot position or wide out every play. They need to fix that.
Ervin Burrell
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

My RTG RB as a sophomore. The it O line is good in the game. They would really start dominating defenses late game. I was also first team All American

Looks like Reggie LeDoux from True Detective season 1.
All I do is Nguyen
I used the classic passing style, call me a boomer set in my ways lol the biggest thing is understanding how to slide pass protection and use your RBs and TEa if they're blitzing
tmaggie50
AG
I havent tried the classic style yet. Does it make any difference? I thought the only change would be that it would do away with the ability to locate passes using the left joystick and remove the power bar on throws? I like those features, I am just having a way harder time catching up with the speed of the game, reading defenses and timing when to throw. The coverages are way better in this game on the basic All-American level.
OdessaAg
AG
Is it me or is our logo too small?

Mr.Bond
AG
OdessaAg said:

Is it me or is our logo too small?

Yup. Been discussed a ton. Annoys me for sure
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tmaggie50
AG
The other odd thing is in all the imagery within the game, the logo is the correct size. It is only within the gameplay that they have it wrong.
All I do is Nguyen
It's just what I'm familiar with. You can lead receivers with the left stick or throw behind them. It's probably not as accurate as the new system. Also you can can bullet or lob pass depending on how long you press the corresponding receiver button
RingOfive
AG
Just started a dynasty a couple of days ago with A&M. Lost to ND in the first game by 3 (27-24).

The next game was against an FCS place-holder team in place of McNeese St. One of their players literally got hurt after each play in the first half. No exaggerating... one of their players got hurt literally after every play.

After halftime, it didn't happen after every play, but it was probably more like 75% of the time.

Anyone else run into this? It was horribly annoying.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Maybe they have to use the same sizing slider as what's in team builder cause that would make sense. That thing is all over the place.
CavitationAG
AG
Yeah had the exact scenario happen.
bcanales05
AG
In my dynasty I loved seeing tu get beat by auburn and A&M (29-26).

They also almost lost to vandy!
2012Ag
AG
Downloaded last night before bed to play a half. Played against LSU on Freshman difficulty, was pretty easy. Will start dynasty this evening. My plan is to get Texas State to a powerhouse (wifes school) then get hired by A&M and take over.
joshpettett
AG
RingOfive said:

Just started a dynasty a couple of days ago with A&M. Lost to ND in the first game by 3 (27-24).

The next game was against an FCS place-holder team in place of McNeese St. One of their players literally got hurt after each play in the first half. No exaggerating... one of their players got hurt literally after every play.

After halftime, it didn't happen after every play, but it was probably more like 75% of the time.

Anyone else run into this? It was horribly annoying.
Yeah, the FCS teams, particularly that one, seem to have significant injury issues. Some speculate it could be the wear and tear system having issues with the fact that the FCS teams technically play dozens of games a week in the early season in the game and it may not realize they aren't supposed to be the same team. Not sure if there is any truth to that theory.
When I played them they had over a dozen players with game or season-ending injuries by the end of it.

The commentary is horribly inaccurate in terms of situational awareness. Often the announcers claim the losing team is the one winning, or proclaim the score difference to be either much smaller or larger than it is.

There are a few A&M issues right off the top that I've noticed:

War hymn is the entrance song and is played after every score, whether a TD, a FG, or even a PAT.

Yell Leaders are shown leading Farmers Fight, but there is no crowd noise indicating that, so they are just doing a goofy dance.

There are standard cheerleaders at all A&M road games with A&M logo on their uniforms.

The helmet logo is way too small.

Minor annoyances for me:
Every time Ags begin a drive after the first one, Rece Davis goes "And we say 'Howdy' to the Aggie offense once again" and it sounds very cheesy and odd. It's literally every time we start a drive.

Zachary Klement
AG
tmaggie50 said:

I havent tried the classic style yet. Does it make any difference? I thought the only change would be that it would do away with the ability to locate passes using the left joystick and remove the power bar on throws? I like those features, I am just having a way harder time catching up with the speed of the game, reading defenses and timing when to throw. The coverages are way better in this game on the basic All-American level.
Yeah it removes the locating abilities, the necessity of using the left joystick, and the timing bar. That is what I am rolling with right now because the new system seems complicated and is intimidating me lol
Brock Sampson
AG
Defense is hard to play on higher levels. I suck at that.

No huddle and RPO is the way to go. Can absolutely dominate playing that. This game makes you read the defense too. I love that.
RAM700BA
AG
The game feels pretty good. I haven't played any other football game since NCAA 12. And by that I mean I've played NCAA 12 exclusively for the past 12 years. So I'm glad the game feels relatively similar. Pretty easy to pick things up and get the timing down with this new game. Can't wait to start my dynasty tonight.
All I do is Nguyen
Poor sips

AggieKatie2
AG
Game is so weird. I'd says 40% of my simulated games have gone to OT.

Lost to Bowling Green at Kyle, Lost to an 0-5 USC at Kyle.

Played sips 3 times in same season. Regular season, conference champion, playoffs. (I won all 3)

Wiggy got hurt in playoffs. Came in and scored to take the lead 2 times in last minute of game and computer scored again every time.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Why are you simming games? Honest question
AggieKatie2
AG
Road to Glory. 2nd string behind Wiggy first 2 seasons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.