New NCAA football video game updates?

82,788 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ahhh. That makes sense.

My son just finished his freshman year. He beat our Weigman for the bowl game and was QB1 his sophomore year
RAM700BA
AG
I don't understand the complaints about kicking. Are people just memeing? It seems pretty straight forward and simple.
All I do is Nguyen
I hate how the commentator says WYE-gman instead of WIG-man
NC2001
AG
Finally got to play the game this weekend. Man I suck at passing. I need to just play practice mode for a bit till I get the timing right.
beatlesphan
AG
Those of you who are dominating with D lineman...how?? Please share your secrets. By the time I shed the O-lineman they've either passed or the runner is by me
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RAM700BA
AG
beatlesphan said:

Those of you who are dominating with D lineman...how?? Please share your secrets. By the time I shed the O-lineman they've either passed or the runner is by me

Same. In the old games you could move the DL around pre-snap like a linebacker. I don't think you can anymore unless I'm missing something.
RingOfive
AG
I think you can press left on the D-pad pre-snap and then press the direction you want them to move.
RAM700BA
AG
I know you can shift them, but you used to be able to get them up off the line and moving around before the snap. It was kind of OP, so I don't disagree with that change.
PatAg
AG
Kinda wish there was an option to just do Dynasty and dominate with a&m, without having to mess around with Coaching attributes and all that nonsense.
Richierich2323
PatAg said:

Kinda wish there was an option to just do Dynasty and dominate with a&m, without having to mess around with Coaching attributes and all that nonsense.

You can, if you go into the settings in your dynasty. You can have sim recruiting and have AI pick your talent tree for coaching. I have tried the auto simmed recruiting and it isn't great but I was at a smaller program and probably got what I deserved for recruits at that level but it was much lower than what I can do on my own.

As far as defense, I am finding that if I press my corners, always say the cpu is going to pass, and have at least a cover 1 (usually cover 2) behind some type of blitz. I normally can get a defensive stop or get them to settle with a field goal.

Brock Sampson
AG
The mini games are a lot of fun. Brings back great memories of Madden
The Lost
RAM700BA said:

I don't understand the complaints about kicking. Are people just memeing? It seems pretty straight forward and simple.
Use a bad team on a higher difivulty and get back to us.

It's an adjust,ent for most for sure
Ags2013
AG
I've tried to emphasize getting better at passing but all I do is throw picks. Super frustrating.
Gig em G
AG
Well I guess I'm moving myself back to Varsity difficulty. Was consistently throwing at least 2-3 picks a game on All American against teams like Texas, Alabama and LSU. But on Varsity the scores are unusually high for me…like 55-41.

On AA Texas was shredding my offensive line last night and getting sacked or hit within a couple seconds. Run game completely shut down and no time at all for a pass play to develop…

Maybe I need to mess with sliders (or practice more lol). On NCAA 14 I had it where games against better opponents were close, and with more realistic final scores. But I haven't played a football game since then so maybe I just suck.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Main complaint I have with kicking is on a PAT if you get the red arrow (which I assume means you maxed out their ability) it bounced side to side and you can wildly miss a PAT

But if you hit the red arrow on a kickoff it never bounces and goes exactly where you aimed the kick
All I do is Nguyen
For those struggling on the higher difficulties, are sliding your protection? You can use L1/LB and do a max protect, half slide or full slide. Also you need to utilize quick passes and screens like real life. If they blitz in the middle, slants kill it all day
Brock Sampson
AG
Stop what you're doing and go play the Mike Evans ultimate team challenge. Get to have Mike on the team and dominate with him.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Was trying to beat the hell out of LSU in my first exhibition and I took the lead in the 4th quarter after a wild pick 6 and then when I was kicking the PAT, the game crashed on me. LMAO. Never had a PS5 game actually crash before. Very annoyed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
We are cursed.
All I do is Nguyen
Not really. In my RTG RB we were playing UGA in the SEC title game and were down 6, Wiggy threw a BOMB of a Hail Mary to tie it from the UGA 45. We missed the xp or it was blocked not sure, but we ended up winning in OT.
AggieChemE09
AG
Got my School Created, now ready for dynasty.

The Isla Nublar Raptors
Ags2013
AG
Played online for the first time and completely shut out Oregon. He quit after 3 possessions. Felt good!
RingOfive
AG
Those are freaking sweet.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Okay, a few games under my belt and so far, so good. However, is there a way to change the controls for option plays? The whole "hold to keep and release to pitch" thing is ****ing my world up.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I wish…used to love running over people online with Flexbone but the control switch has screwed that up
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Reuben Owens on the Wide Zone is a cheat code.
Broncos
Gameplay is definitely getting easier. Finally started my dynasty with A&M. Recruiting is ridiculously in depth. It is pretty fun though.
RAM700BA
AG
The Lost said:

RAM700BA said:

Use a bad team on a higher difivulty and get back to us.

It's an adjust,ent for most for sure

Alright I get it.
Richierich2323
Ags2013 said:

Played online for the first time and completely shut out Oregon. He quit after 3 possessions. Felt good!
Playing Road to the CFB Playoff and getting to play at Kyle with the homefield advantage is the best! Defense especially pass defense is so much easier at home vs on the road.

The thing I hate about online are the guys that automatically hit the hurry up because they know that you can't change your defense in time to fix the gap in the AI of the game on certain routes. It makes it not fun at all.

PatAg
AG
Richierich2323 said:

Ags2013 said:

Playing Road to the CFB Playoff and getting to play at Kyle with the homefield advantage is the best! Defense especially pass defense is so much easier at home vs on the road.

The thing I hate about online are the guys that automatically hit the hurry up because they know that you can't change your defense in time to fix the gap in the AI of the game on certain routes. It makes it not fun at all.

Its why I generally only ever played people I know, where you can just agree to not do that.
NCAA was always more about playing the computer/dynasty stuff for me, especially since I dont just have 3-4 friends hanging around all day anymore
Broncos
Agreed. I don't play online unless it's against friends. Too many online gremlins just play the system to rack up wins.
n_touch
Is anyone able to kick in this game? Seems kicking a filed goal past 30 yards is a no go, even in the mini games. Punting is just as bad
Mr.Bond
AG
n_touch said:

Is anyone able to kick in this game? Seems kicking a filed goal past 30 yards is a no go, even in the mini games. Punting is just as bad

It's stupid how hard it is. They need a patch for it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

All I do is Nguyen
n_touch said:

I somehow beat a buddy of of mine with a FG from the 15 as time expired
Ranger222
AG
Does anyone know how recruiting visits works in Dynasty? Playing with UTEP and the CPU gave me a conference schedule with no home games past week 11 or byes. Trying to schedule as many visits as I can for that week, and now it's greyed out and can't select that week. Are they limiting you on how many recruits you can schedule in a given week? If so, that changes a lot of recruiting strategy and how you schedule games in the preseason.

Another "bug" I've noticed is that I've changed my kicking from "tap & hold" in the settings to "tap & tap". However when I play a dynasty game, it reverts to tap and hold for each new game I play.

This game is playing really well. I'm at 5-2 year 1 for UTEP, and one game was an OT win, and two others were scores in the final minute. Could easily be 2-5. Most games I'm playing are scoring in the 20s, and I'm averaging 250 passing and ~140 rushing for total offense, all of which fells right for those trying to get realistic play (7 minute quarters). Biggest thing I've noticed is just how dominate a DL can be. If you have a weak OL going against solid DL, it shuts down your offense, like it should. Just played a 13-10 game against Texas State . I'm running a lot of stretch plays and TXST's defense completely shut it down due to their style as well as being better on the edges than my players. I'm loving that OVR ratings and matchups really matter. Giving us a game with hard play is going to keep people engaged with the game more IMO. Dynasty got boring in NCAA14 because you could ascend too quickly. You're really going to have to work at it in this game

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.