New NCAA football video game updates?

82,783 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you could stop responding that would help
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.
You wouldn't want to play it on 11 year old hardware anyway
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
FDXAg said:

Graphics are incredible, especially in 4k. Look at the detail in the helmets!

Looks pretty good. Don't expect this on Xbox and PS5 though. These are pre-renders
OSOB
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.

Yes I actually would. Because I don't have $500 for a new system
Mr.Bond
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.

Skip a few nights out a month and it'll be paid for in no time
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.

Haha. I'm a married father of two looking to get it mainly for my son.

I couldn't tell you the last time we had a "night out" and when we do it's at most dinner with my wife instead of dinner with the whole family.

It's not about not having the money. It's about we already prioritize our finances and don't just off handedly drop $500 on a whim
Mr.Bond
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

FDXAg said:

Graphics are incredible, especially in 4k. Look at the detail in the helmets!

Looks pretty good. Don't expect this on Xbox and PS5 though. These are pre-renders

A lot of these are "presentation" scenes and will look that good. Where I think it's going to get choppy is actual gameplay when running plays. EA didn't show any of that in this trailer I don't believe. I think some of the plays were in replay, but almost all of this trailer was full of presentation scenes. Still cool, but don't think the gameplay will look nearly this good.
Garrelli 5000
AG
When you had this in your head...

And this on your screen...

Staff - take out the trash.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Basically lol
All I do is Nguyen
The fact that this is not coming to PC is disappointing but means I am getting a new XSX so I can play
All I do is Nguyen
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.

Haha. I'm a married father of two looking to get it mainly for my son.

I couldn't tell you the last time we had a "night out" and when we do it's at most dinner with my wife instead of dinner with the whole family.

It's not about not having the money. It's about we already prioritize our finances and don't just off handedly drop $500 on a whim
As a father of four, I totally get this. I am combining both my birthday (in July oddly enough) and Fathers day for a new Xbox Series X. Been mainly a PC player for the last few years and the kids have been playing my old XBox One S
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I mentioned the same to my wife…unfortunately I couldn't tell you the last time I got a tangible item for either of those holidays/celebrations usually just cards from my kiddos and allowed to go play golf

I had to think bigger so I told my wife to pass on Christmas gifts.
All I do is Nguyen
Yeah I am absolutely Spoiled, no doubt. It is also the 5-0 for me so kind of a big milestone lol
WoMD
Any thoughts on if xbox series x or ps5 would be better in this case, or are they pretty much the same when it comes to games that are released for both?
All I do is Nguyen
WoMD said:

Any thoughts on if xbox series x or ps5 would be better in this case, or are they pretty much the same when it comes to games that are released for both?
Hardware wise its not really that different but SOny has better exclusives for sure. I will say that the Game pass on xbox is easily the best value in gaming right now too
Mr.Bond
AG
Sony4Life
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ag13
AG
Can someone assist me with understanding something?

I bought a PS5 disc edition a few years ago, always with the plan to be first in line to get this game when it inevitable returns. Since then I have had 2 kids and have played the PlayStation like 10-20 times with a few random games I downloaded from the PlayStation store. Suffice it to say I am not a gamer at all - but when I was a young man I used to play NCAA football on PS2 all the time; so planning to get this game and play it quite a bit for nostalgia sake and to get me through until the real football season starts.

When I was a kid you had to play with a disc, and now that's all changed apparently and that is what I do not understand. What are the advantages/disadvantages to buying the disc version and what are the advantages/disadvantages to doing the digital version? I am leaning toward getting the disc copy - and specifically the steel box one from Wal Mart - just because I like the idea of having a physical game that I can keep on my shelf (even if it's literally just the one). Want to make sure I'm not missing something though if I go this route.

I would also like the ability to play online against 14 years olds who can beat me by 100 points ... what do I have to do to get that going?
Gomer95
AG
I've always been a mostly disc guy and the only advantage I can think of is you could resell it later on as a used game. With NHL '24 and now NCAA '24, I just got the digital versions and I must say it's nice to not even have to get up and put a disc in with NHL. If you just want it right now show off then yes you need the disc and case but if it's just to play, they're both the same.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
All I do is Nguyen
I made the switch to digital simply for the convenience of it. Don't have a huge stack of games my wife nags me about and the kids can simply switch games when they want
WES2006AG
AG
I've never put a disk in my day one Series X. Digital is just too easy.
jr15aggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

I've never put a disk in my day one Series X. Digital is just too easy.

I have, but it's all been movies. Haven't bought physical games since the very beginning of the Xbox One. So right around 10 years now.
wangus12
AG
I have buts been XB1 disc's. I play old games
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Advantages? You don't have to get up when you realize the disc isn't in the console. You will have it forever. You'll never lose the game bc your misplaced it. You can switch back and forth between games with a couple button presses almost instantly.

There's just not a benefit to having a disc unless you plan on selling it for a small fraction of the price
OSOB
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
To play online, you'll need either a PS Plus subscription or the equivalent service on Xbox (Xbox Game Pass Core). It is an additional service fee.
TexAgBolter
AG
Also, games don't play from the discs anymore, they are installed to the hard drive. If you have a disc version, it just does a check to make sure you have the disc in when you go to play it (assuming you've already installed it).
txag2k
AG
IDGAF what I'd need to play. I'm going to play lol. I do have an Xbox series X (currently never play) but if I didn't, I would go buy one just to play this game.
tamu05ag
AG
Another pro for disc is if you have a kid with their own profile, it's easier to share the game.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

To play online, you'll need either a PS Plus subscription or the equivalent service on Xbox (Xbox Game Pass Core). It is an additional service fee.
No different if you own a disc
OSOB
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Has anyone seen anything on these topics yet?

-Handling of the PAC 2. My brother and I want to do an online dynasty but obviously neither of us can pick A&M, so I thought it would be fun to pick an independent school and build them up while creating my own schedule every year. Oregon St and Washington St being independents would provide some really appealing options for going this route.

-Exporting of draft classes for use in Madden. I bought the bundle anyway just because I'm a Texans fan and this is an exciting year for us, but would be ecstatic to be able to play one season of NCAA, export the class to Madden, and then play one season of Madden like I used to back in the PS2 days.
Broncos
Probably won't know anything about specific alignment until a few days before when some of the game reviews start dropping.

I would imagine draft classes will be able to be imported to Madden. Seems like a big selling point for bundling the two games together. Pure speculation though.
All I do is Nguyen
I honestly think EA knows Madden is dying so they're trying to entice people with the bundle. I HOPE that EA learned a valuable lesson having a multi year development cycle for the new NCAA game, that they plan to NOT release a new college football game every year and just update the rosters
bluefire579
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I honestly think EA knows Madden is dying so they're trying to entice people with the bundle. I HOPE that EA learned a valuable lesson having a multi year development cycle for the new NCAA game, that they plan to NOT release a new college football game every year and just update the rosters
Not sure where you get the idea that Madden is dying from...the data consistently suggests otherwise: https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/electronic-arts-ea-earnings-madden-nfl-1235994653/
All I do is Nguyen
Madden has been getting tore up by the online community for the crap product they always release. as soon as the NFL no longer has an exclusivity with EA and other game studios can make NFL games again you will see a massive drop in Madden sales. It's easy to be top dog when you're the only dog in the fight
double aught
AG
So in other words, Madden is not dying.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.