New NCAA football video game updates?

82,776 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Gig em G
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gig em G said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

It's supposed to be unique to the school which was design decision for "authenticity" - but I wish they didn't do it this way.

But I'm still using A&M's specific playbook that I use against the CPU…So why is there a difference between offline or online A&M's playbook? That doesn't make sense to me.

According to the NCAAFB reddit, it's to reduce people from using "cheesy plays" and exploiting the players not controlled by the user. I guess that's what yall are referring to.

Still, seems weird to me that someone who uses Oregon may potentially have an exploitive play included, but I can't use simple variations of runs and PA passes that I have offline using A&M's playbook. Maybe I shouldn't be using pistol so much

I guess I've been out of the loop from competitive online Madden matchups since I bought a football sim game
JobSecurity
AG
Does it really matter though with the ability to hot route anyone on the field? With that plus motion you can make almost anything from a few formations
Ags2013
AG
Gig em G said:

Gig em G said:

It's supposed to be unique to the school which was design decision for "authenticity" - but I wish they didn't do it this way.

But I'm still using A&M's specific playbook that I use against the CPU…So why is there a difference between offline or online A&M's playbook? That doesn't make sense to me.

According to the NCAAFB reddit, it's to reduce people from using "cheesy plays" and exploiting the players not controlled by the user. I guess that's what yall are referring to.

Still, seems weird to me that someone who uses Oregon may potentially have an exploitive play included, but I can't use simple variations of runs and PA passes that I have offline using A&M's playbook. Maybe I shouldn't be using pistol so much

I guess I've been out of the loop from competitive online Madden matchups since I bought a football sim game
I don't know what a cheesy play is. If it is in the game, shouldn't it be fair game? I run mostly RPO, zone reads and speed options. I understand it can be frustrating but... stop it!
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Ags2013 said:

Gig em G said:

Gig em G said:

I don't know what a cheesy play is. If it is in the game, shouldn't it be fair game? I run mostly RPO, zone reads and speed options. I understand it can be frustrating but... stop it!

Every now and then, there is a play that's can't be defended regardless what the defense is…

And when people take advantage of that, that's a cheesy play
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Beat advice for stopping scrambling QBs online, ex: Jalen Milroe?

Like the Flexbone question I posted earlier

I know what I'd do schematically in real football but on NCAA…not quite the same
ac04
just won the heisman and national championship with my RTG running back at stanford. crazy OT win over georgia, my son was watching and losing his mind.

really fun career, we went to the CFP semifinal in my sophomore year. then some bad ass transferred in and i lost the starting job for 5-6 games in my junior year before finally winning it back. we lost several games early and i was so frustrated i almost transferred out, but stuck with it. finished senior year with something ridiculous like 2,000+ rushing and 1,000+ receiving. and i don't even know how many TDs.
nickstro66
AG
I've been enjoying the game but there are a few things that annoy me

• Not being able to edit players
  • Not being able to edit coaches
  • Not being able to track where coaches have come from when you are trying to hire people
  • Not being able to mass sub players during games
  • A&M's boring-ass uniforms
Edited to add:
  • More drama with the coaching carousel. I like how NCAA 13 had it
  • Coaches getting maxed out at level 50 with no way to redistribute perks
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
ac04 said:

just won the heisman and national championship with my RTG running back at stanford. crazy OT win over georgia, my son was watching and losing his mind.

really fun career, we went to the CFP semifinal in my sophomore year. then some bad ass transferred in and i lost the starting job for 5-6 games in my junior year before finally winning it back. we lost several games early and i was so frustrated i almost transferred out, but stuck with it. finished senior year with something ridiculous like 2,000+ rushing and 1,000+ receiving. and i don't even know how many TDs.

I'm in my sophomore year for my HB and will make good plays to get down the field and then subbed out in the red zone and on third downs often.

Did you make a top level guy? I did a blue chip and he's hard to increase skill. Not sure what to do to get more skill points
Richierich2323
Ags2013 said:

Gig em G said:

Gig em G said:

That is what make it a cheese play. You can't stop it. The animations programmed into the game make it an automatic 100% good play and then they spam it over and over again until they score.
Thunder18
AG
Bringing mass subs back would be great
texasaggie2015
AG
nickstro66 said:

I've been enjoying the game but there are a few things that annoy me

• Not being able to edit players
  • Not being able to edit coaches
  • Not being able to track where coaches have come from when you are trying to hire people
  • Not being able to mass sub players during games
  • A&M's boring-ass uniforms

I wish you could at least edit the player's numbers in dynasty.

It bugs me when I make a position change and their number stays the same and it doesn't make sense. I have a TE wearing 74 right now and a safety wearing 83. Haha
ac04
yes made him elite from the start. got pissed off about how often i was being subbed and turned fatigue down to 25. that made it way more realistic.

i saved up the XP to add speed/acceleration twice. at that point i was like 95 speed and 99 acceleration and just went nuts.

i also got to the point where i was running the hurry up about 75-80% of the time so i had way more control over the play calling. my OC was a complete dunce.

Aggie71013
AG
Looking at buying a Xbox just for this game, but man they are difficult to find in store and online (Series S specific) right now.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Yeah I signed 2 centers in my last dynasty class and both of their jersey numbers defaulted to being a single digit. #2 is snapping me the ball every play.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Aggie71013 said:

Looking at buying a Xbox just for this game, but man they are difficult to find in store and online (Series S specific) right now.

Look on FB marketplace, you can find unopened box's for sale.
CoachRTM
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Yeah I signed 2 centers in my last dynasty class and both of their jersey numbers defaulted to being a single digit. #2 is snapping me the ball every play.
You are committing an illegal formation foul every play.

You should feel shame.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!

If the game actually penalized that I think it would be too funny for me to be pissed.
CoachRTM
AG
File this away under "you are too close to the reality, and just need to turn your brain off", but....

1. There's a formation in the game (I think in Singleback?) where there are 5 players in the backfield. It's illegal, so I have no idea how it snuck into the game.

2. The short wing (line judge, head line judge) spot the ball every play. At no level of football does this happen
  • In college 8 man mechanics, the Center judge (in the backfield) spots the ball.
  • In HS/college 7 man mechanics, the Umpire spots the ball.
  • In middle school football 3/4 man mechanics, the Referee spots the ball.

That one frustrates me WAY too much. There are smaller things with the officials that are wrong (the deep officials start too deep, etc.) but I can write those off as "creative license" where you could argue that it would get in the way of playing the game.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My problem is I don't ever seem to gain points to upgrade anything. The practices is where I would think that comes but that only gains coaches trust it seems.

Games I get on a roll and then get subbed out so I never get the big points for touchdowns etc.

School time requires way too much time imo and limits energy points to be able to use elsewhere.

I just transferred from Navy to Sam and I'm getting more touches etc. I find it very hit or miss on being able to run the hurry up, haven't figured out why sometimes it allows me to and sometimes it doesn't.

I started using the Aggies playbook with Sam and it's a good mix for a RB. Their spread playbook I wasn't a fan of, I don't mind some zone from shotgun but occasionally I want my guy coming downhill out of pistol or under center.
Murder Hornet
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Wait so we can't edit the fake recruits?!
Brock Sampson
AG
How do you speed up a play action fake? I thought I remember seeing a hint about it but can't find it anywhere. Georgia tech has an awesome double pass trick play but the play fake is super slow
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Not currently. I believe in EA's statement on known bugs/bad features that will get updated they said that will get changed.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Brock Sampson said:

How do you speed up a play action fake? I thought I remember seeing a hint about it but can't find it anywhere. Georgia tech has an awesome double pass trick play but the play fake is super slow

I found a double pass that's unstoppable
Ryan34
AG
Helldivers team builder:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeamBuilder25/comments/1ecqayp/democracy_tech_helldivers_dropping_in/

Thunder18
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Brock Sampson said:

You gonna share it or ?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I've still yet to find team builder…
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Thunder18 said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

Brock Sampson said:

You gonna share it or ?

Hah

Find the formation

Wide Slot Rt Weak

Back motions out and QB auto throws to him

If they actually cover the pass down field, then you will get at least 20 just running it with the back.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ryan34 said:

Helldivers team builder:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeamBuilder25/comments/1ecqayp/democracy_tech_helldivers_dropping_in/

I have an awesome team builder concept ready..... but **** website keeps crashing
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

AgsMyDude
AG
Aggie71013 said:

I did this. Offer up. Found one for $200.
1836er
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Ryan34 said:

Helldivers team builder:

I have an awesome team builder concept ready..... but **** website keeps crashing
Yeah, I can't get it to work either, the first team I designed crashes whenever I try to save. Then I made another, it worked for one save, and then apparently the file got corrupted on my second save attempt. Can't figure out how to set secondary and tertiary logos either... I can upload multiple logos... but it keeps putting whichever one I click on in the primary logo slot.

At the moment, this is the error message I get when I try to save my team.

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'hash')
Thunder18
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Thunder18 said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

Brock Sampson said:

You gonna share it or ?

Hah

Find the formation

Wide Slot Rt Weak

Back motions out and QB auto throws to him

If they actually cover the pass down field, then you will get at least 20 just running it with the back.

Nice, will try this out. Thanks
PatAg
AG
For the record, that's a lame way to play the game. More power to you though
RAM700BA
AG
Anyone mess around with creating a custom playbook yet? Do I have to set a play for every situation in order to save?
Thunder18
AG
PatAg said:

For the record, that's a lame way to play the game. More power to you though

I just need a good trick play to bust out once in a blue moon against my online dynasty buddies.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
For me, it's a once a game thing if I need it, and if I have played the person before and have run it against them, then I don't use it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.