New NCAA football video game updates?

82,780 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tmaggie50 said:

I'm thrown off by how they decide which player I switch to on defense during the play. It feels like a super slow reaction when I click switch player and almost never feels like it goes to the player I would assume. On pass rushing it almost never switches me to the guy closest to the qb in the rush.
Theres been times I've literally clicked B twice wondering why it never switched.
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
tk for tu juan said:

https://today.tamu.edu/2024/07/19/former-students-contribute-to-new-college-football-video-game/

Quote:

EA SPORTS College Football 25 released today, the first college football video game since EA's NCAA Football 14 in 2013. Seven former Texas A&M University students Gracie Arenas Strittmatter '04, Joel Heath '05, Schaefer Mitchell '12, Mat Suarez '15, Ashley St. John '17, Anantha Natarajan Santhana Srinivasan '20 and Cassie Mullins '22 contributed to the creation of the game.

The contributing Aggies had a range of roles, including technical artistry, environmental artistry, software engineering and studio leadership. However, most of the Aggies had the opportunity to contribute to work related specifically to Texas A&M University. St. John and Mullins contributed work to the Kyle Field environment, Srinivasan worked on Corps of Cadets uniforms and the Parsons Mounted Cavalry Spirit of '02 cannon, and Strittmatter and Heath helped with feedback and reference on traditions, yells and history

Spirit of '02 cannon? Has anyone else seen this in the game?
OSOB
RingOfive
AG
I haven't seen it.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
RAM700BA said:

This has helped a lot with switching for me

https://instagr.am/p/C9czox5xNiF
God forbid they actually explain this mechanic anywhere in the game
OSOB
Brock Sampson
AG
Maybe I'm just an idiot but I figured out you have to click up on the right stick to do a hit stick. If you do it down you dive at their feet.
RAM700BA
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I figured out you have to click up on the right stick to do a hit stick. If you do it down you dive at their feet.

Which feels the opposite of intuitive.
RingOfive
AG
List of issues that EA is apparently working on. I can't figure out how to embed the twitter link [edit: I guess that worked]

Thunder18
AG
Glad they are addressing recruiting issues. Have definitely had the issue where recruits show ready to visit but the game won't let me schedule it. Recruiting logic definitely needs some tuning as well
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
RingOfive said:

List of issues that EA is apparently working on. I can't figure out how to embed the twitter link [edit: I guess that worked]

"- Incorrect commentary when playing as the first game of the season in Dynasty in Utah"

Bruh. Don't get me wrong, I like this game...but this is like literally the least consequential patch item I've ever heard about. Fix the server issues, balance out the PAT/FG mechanics, add more minigame options for Practice mode, rerecord/update some of the play-by-play and color commentary to make it more game-appropriate, give us more home/away jersey options, give more play options for Road to Glory, etc.

The bones are there. This could be a GREAT game. It's all there, but just feels incomplete at launch.
cr0wbar
AG
My biggest complaint has been the lack of mechanics explanations. Sure - the mini games are cool (here, try and run through 12 defenders in this super situational rep) - but I accidentally found out you could control your LBs shifts and DL shifts using the D-Pad. You can do probably 30+ things pre-snap and those mechanics are explained absolutely nowhere. They need to give a 3-5 minute position group breakdown of all the features and actions we can perform pre-snap, during the play, during a no huddle, and during playcalling. But we have to rely on TikTokers and IGers to explain these tips to us when they are pretty simple mechanics in game that EA just doesn't feel like disclosing.
n_touch
Thunder18 said:

Glad they are addressing recruiting issues. Have definitely had the issue where recruits show ready to visit but the game won't let me schedule it. Recruiting logic definitely needs some tuning as well
You have to have 40 hours available for that specific recruit. Took me forever to figure it out.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Most of that has been around a long time. The difference they're missing is many gamers for this haven't played a new game in a decade.
PatAg
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Most of that has been around a long time. The difference they're missing is many gamers for this haven't played a new game in a decade.

Im sure you mean Madden, but there hasn't been a new college game in a decade
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yes. The offensive and defensive alignment and switches at the line have been around for a long time.

But many people playing now are fresh back into gaming because this is ncaa. So they don't know about them while developers think it's a waste of time to teach people about it
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

RingOfive said:

"- Incorrect commentary when playing as the first game of the season in Dynasty in Utah"

Bruh. Don't get me wrong, I like this game...but this is like literally the least consequential patch item I've ever heard about. Fix the server issues, balance out the PAT/FG mechanics, add more minigame options for Practice mode, rerecord/update some of the play-by-play and color commentary to make it more game-appropriate, give us more home/away jersey options, give more play options for Road to Glory, etc.

The bones are there. This could be a GREAT game. It's all there, but just feels incomplete at launch.

With patchable content, no game is ever going to be "complete" at launch anymore, IMO.

Also, it's very likely the Utah fix was very easy and quick where as the things you're talking about are going to take more time. Wouldn't make sense to hold off low hanging fruit updates until all the big things are fixed. It's unlikely fixing some of these "small" things are going to impact the timelines of the bigger fixes anyhow.
Thunder18
AG
n_touch said:

Thunder18 said:

You have to have 40 hours available for that specific recruit. Took me forever to figure it out.

Yea I know that. The issue is that sometimes you can't schedule visits even though you've made it into their top 5, have plenty of time/points that week to spend on the visit and they are on the Ready To Visit tab. It's a bug, not user error
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Sim logic upgrade is good. I have low hopes they'll get it to be really good, but as long as it's at '14's level that's good enough for me.
My only other main complaint at this point is forced outcomes within the games. I know that's always been a thing in sports video games, but I've seen some pretty egregious examples of this while playing so that the cpu can make the game closer or take the lead. Playing consistently true to ratings and allowing users to mess with sliders seems like it should be enough; and developer interference to add drama is annoying when it's as noticeable as it is in this game.
AgsMyDude
AG
Thunder18 said:

n_touch said:

Thunder18 said:

Yea I know that. The issue is that sometimes you can't schedule visits even though you've made it into their top 5, have plenty of time/points that week to spend on the visit and they are on the Ready To Visit tab. It's a bug, not user error

Just checking that you are below their weekly threshold for points spent?

For example if a recruit has a max of 60. You've been spending 60 every week.

You have to remove 40 points of time to be able to spend 40 on scheduling the visit.

The following week you can add the 40 points of coaching visits or whatever back.
CavitationAG
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Thunder18 said:

n_touch said:

Thunder18 said:

You have to remove 40 points of time to be able to spend 40 on scheduling the visit.

The following week you can add the 40 points of coaching visits or whatever back.
What you're saying is correct. What Thunder is saying is that he knows the rules but there is a glitch right now for certain recruits that doesn't allow you to schedule a visit if you're in their top 5, have 1000 hours available, and 0 out of 60 hrs used on the recruit.

I'm having the same issue on random recruits.
Broncos
Seems realistic in the fact that some recruits have commitment issues.
RAM700BA
AG
I've got things down now. Putting up big numbers on Varsity. Time to bump the difficulty back up. I'm back, baby. The hot routes with custom stems isn't fair. Just scheming up diabolical plays.
AgsMyDude
AG
CavitationAG said:

AgsMyDude said:

Thunder18 said:

n_touch said:

Thunder18 said:

What you're saying is correct. What Thunder is saying is that he knows the rules but there is a glitch right now for certain recruits that doesn't allow you to schedule a visit if you're in their top 5, have 1000 hours available, and 0 out of 60 hrs used on the recruit.

I was just double checking
AgsMyDude
AG
I got a 4* star gem WR to commit mid season with just scouting and a scholly. Pretty cool
Mr.Bond
AG
AgsMyDude said:

I got a 4* star gem WR to commit mid season with just scouting and a scholly. Pretty cool

Aggie legacy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

CavitationAG
AG
Broncos said:

Seems realistic in the fact that some recruits have commitment issues.
Too damn realistic if you ask me!
Thunder18
AG
CavitationAG said:

AgsMyDude said:

Thunder18 said:

n_touch said:

Thunder18 said:

Correct
tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan
Ranger222
AG
Just finished Year 1 of my first dynasty. Took UTEP to 8-4 as OC. Had 14 recruits committed at the end of the regular season, all 3*s with about 6 gems. Had a few more that we were leading for in their top 3.

Went into bowl season and accepted the HC job at Texas State (who went 4-8 and Kinne/CPU coach fired lol). I've seen several people say that the coaching carousel feels shallow in dynasty. I like a majority of the changes - having it in bowl season, being able to fire/hire your coordinators if you are the HC and then making offers to candidates and having to advance the week to see if you got them or not. The part I feel like most people are complaining about is that all of these coaches are fake and not real names. It definitely takes the fun out of the carousel. You see a whole bunch of names fired/hired but you have no real idea who they are or where they came from. When hiring coaches, getting these generated names doesn't feel as rewarding as going out and hiring names you know from the real world. Also, coaches don't really carry a logged history with them - so if I'm hiring a random OC, I can't see really easily where they were in the past or how their previous offenses ranked for example. I do feel there is a bunch that could be added in future iterations of this game that will make it feel way more fun and entertaining to us dynasty bros that care a lot about "realism" in the game.

Happy to report in my sim that A&M made the CFB playoff as the #2 overall seed as Big 12 conference champions (yes, I started my dynasty with custom conferences). tu went 5-7 lmao. The final four teams were Georgia, Oregon, Michigan and A&M, with A&M losing to Michigan in the semis and then Michigan eventually winning the whole thing over Oregon in the championship (in my custom conferences I moved all the Pac12 teams back, where they belong). So that final four and playoff result felt real for the sim.

Just getting to offseason recruiting/transfer portal. Scanned through which players left which teams, and most teams had about 3-5 players enter the portal. Some teams had like 10+, mostly due to coaching changes and loss of coach prestige or bad scheme fits (which again, actually feels like it models real life). I only had ~5 players leave the program I'm taking over, but if you got unlucky and had 10+ players in the portal, it could be a real year zero situation for your dynasty.

There has been a lot of online complaining about dynasty, but my n=1 experience hasn't been bad, other than I wish they had real coaches in the game.
tmaggie50
AG
I'm 5-1 in my first try at the online "road to the cfp" mode. 4 more games to see if I can make the playoffs. I think I'm ranked 50 right now.

Wish I understood how their system did rankings and "playoffs". My guess is that this is just online games and they paid you with better and better skilled players as you win. If you win the cfp or advance to the playoffs maybe you move up a division.
AggieChemE09
AG
I did custom conferences too:

• Recreated the PAC12
  • Put ND in the ACC
  • Put the other 2 Independents into one of the lesser conferences
  • Put ou and tu back in the Big12
  • Created divisions in all conferences
PatAg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Need a TLDR, 14 minutes is too long a video for this
AgsMyDude
AG
Patch notes

https://xpgained.co.uk/patch-notes/college-football-25-update-patch-notes-on-july-23rd/
tk for tu juan
PatAg said:

Need a TLDR, 14 minutes is too long a video for this

Increase the playback speed to 1.5x or 2x, you're welcome
Gig em G
AG
Thanks for that kicking tip. Will practice it because I have been so horrible (especially on the road) at kicking.

Last game I played I was down 17 on the road, cut the lead to 3…and then comically SHANKED a 27 yard FG with seconds left. I don't know why I didn't just go for a winning TD considering how bad I've been kicking. Ugghhh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.