New NCAA football video game updates?

82,787 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
no PS4. time to upgrade.
Pman17
AG

jr15aggie
AG
I'll watch the video when I get some time... but those screenshots look dope!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
ac04 said:

no PS4. time to upgrade.

Uh oh. Mama is not going to like that…
FancyKetchup14
AG
Man, I hate that I gotta buy a new Xbox to play this
Mr.Bond
AG
Yall quit being cheap asses
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

txag2k
AG
CAN'T WAIT!!!
Forum Troll
AG
Can't wait to see what kind of predatory anti consumer tactics EA employs in this game to extract as much money out of people as possible and induce FOMO in the player base like they do with FIFA/EAFC.
Beezy2389
AG
Don't think FOMO will be a thing because next years game will be 99% the same. But their monetization could absolutely ruin this game if it's too much or in the wrong spots. Biggest nightmare scenario is every team is generic out of the box and you have to buy your teams "Authenticity Bundle" to unlock team entrances, fight songs, alternate uniforms, and things like that. You know.... to achieve that "sense of Pride and Accomplishment"
cr0wbar
AG
Please take this down - let's not give EA free ideas here
ac04
madden, fifa, and NHL aren't like that at all. the microtransactions are completely contained in ultimate team. they are non-existent in career modes.

not sure where all this angst is coming from, EA has run the same playbook in every sports game for over a decade. if you don't like ultimate team, just don't play it. i never have or will and I've never given EA a dime past the purchase price of the game.
MW03
AG
I dunno, I don't think game prices are crazy like they used to be. It doesn't really surprise me that they use micro-transactions to make up the difference. I remember saving for an eon to buy a copy of Top Gun on NES around 1990 or so. I think it was $50. Look at these Sega prices.

That copy of World Series Baseball would cost $122 today. Granted, the manufacturing costs of digital purchases is nil or close to it compared to cartridges and boxes. Still, it doesn't really bum me out too much to pay $60 for a digital game and then $20 worth of DLC or whatever over the years. Or better yet, wait a year and get it for pennies on the dollar when the next version comes out.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Trailer was hype!!! Those shots of the stadium were dope!! I realllly want this to be good
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

madden, fifa, and NHL aren't like that at all. the microtransactions are completely contained in ultimate team. they are non-existent in career modes.

not sure where all this angst is coming from, EA has run the same playbook in every sports game for over a decade. if you don't like ultimate team, just don't play it. i never have or will and I've never given EA a dime past the purchase price of the game.

This has caused divestment by EA in the Madden franchise mode though, so if ultimate team has a lot of micro transactions that do well it stands to reason that dynasty would suffer.
MW03
AG
ac04
madden 24 is really fun, franchise and superstar modes are very good. not too worried about it personally
AvsB
Iowa wave to the children is best part of the trailer. Amazing that they are throwing so much fanfare and tradition into it! Already pre-ordered!
RIP ATMHockey
Mr.Bond
AG
AvsB said:

Iowa wave to the children is best part of the trailer. Amazing that they are throwing so much fanfare and tradition into it! Already pre-ordered!

I watched it twice and still missed this part
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
People feel almost unanimously different about franchise mode, but glad you like it
ac04
cool. i couldn't possibly care less what "people" think about literally anything.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This will be day one purchase, no questions asked. I owe this this to my 20-year-old self so many years ago if for nothing/no one else. It's been too long.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
It was a polite way of me saying it's a ****ty game mode that has gone neglected for almost a decade now due to ultimate team making them more money, and your opinion of it sucks, as does your assessment that the inclusion of micro transactions has no impact
Broncos
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

It was a polite way of me saying it's a ****ty game mode that has gone neglected for almost a decade now due to ultimate team making them more money, and your opinion of it sucks, as does your assessment that the inclusion of micro transactions has no impact

A lot of anger over a video game. Step away from the controller.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I will not hide my passion for dynasty mode's potential
ac04
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

yeah i got it, the very female passive aggressive "glad you like it" was pretty clear. really impressive tough guy message board talk in this one though.

how much time have you personally spent playing franchise mode in madden 24?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

yeah i got it, the very female passive aggressive "glad you like it" was pretty clear. really impressive tough guy message board talk in this one though.

how much time have you personally spent playing franchise mode in madden 24?

That comment genuinely wasn't passive aggressive. It was pretty matter of fact, so if you took it that way maybe that says more about you (example of passive aggressiveness)? Thank you for thinking I'm tough though, that means a lot.

I would guess 8+ hours. Spent a weekend where I had nothing going on drafting an entire roster and going through about 4-5 seasons simming all the games but doing the rest as an owner. I quit after my team was the best in the league all those seasons by multiple rating points and I made the playoffs once with a wild card loss. Players were a decent scheme fit too. Looked into it more and read somewhere that your team overall doesn't really matter, it's what playbook you choose (and not for scheme fit reasons, literally just the plays that are ran). There's like 3 or 4 on either side of the ball that lead to good results and the rest kind of suck. Switched to those on the last season when my team was slightly worse than prior ones, and had my best regular and post season by far. Last madden i owned before this was 18 and the only noticeable features they added to franchise mode were the practice modes or whatever.

I'm sorry to all that me saying it's not widely agreed with that madden's franchise mode is "very good", after it was said in a matter of fact way has ruffled so many feathers and derailed the conversation.
ac04
simming all the games. lmao
FDXAg
AG
Graphics are incredible, especially in 4k. Look at the detail in the helmets!

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

simming all the games. lmao

That is extremely normal. The game is too easy to play them every game even on all-madden because you just learn the broken plays. I'm starting to think you just don't know anything about madden. It's why owner mode exists.

Lots of irony with your female passive aggressive tag in your posts though.
ac04
ok bud. i spent the summer/fall of 2003 bouncing around the top 100 of NCAA 04 online rankings in between killing $10 thirty packs of keystone at my duplex off rock prairie. if you are "boomin 21" you spent that summer sucking on your mommy's titties and ****ting your diapers.

simming every game is unbelievably autistic behavior so i can't relate, you can do what you like. but i definitely don't need a child's advice on what a good football game is, i've forgotten more about NCAA than you know.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

ok bud. i spent the summer/fall of 2003 bouncing around the top 100 of NCAA 04 online rankings in between killing $10 thirty packs of keystone at my duplex off rock prairie. if you are "boomin 21" you spent that summer sucking on your mommy's titties and ****ting your diapers.

simming every game is unbelievably autistic behavior so i can't relate, you can do what you like. but i definitely don't need a child's advice on what a good football game is, i've forgotten more about NCAA than you know.

Holy *****
So it's extremely autistic for me to sim games, but yet extremely typical to be a top 100 player of an extremely popular video game, and to post online about a video game when you're over 40, and to take yourself serious enough while doing so to where you can be very bothered so easily. Ah, but you drank ****ty beer while doing it, now I see how cool and social you are.

And yes, you very clearly
Quote:

couldn't possibly care less what "people" think about literally anything
Glad that is on the record
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

but i definitely don't need a child's advice on what a good football game is

The irony and sadness in this part deserves its own post. We're talking about a ****ing E rated video game.
ac04
you are either

A) so worked up about an internet disagreement over video games that you made up a lie about playing madden 24

or

B) so deep on the spectrum that you simmed several seasons of madden 23 with the wrong playbook, then for some reason did the exact same thing with madden 24

your inability to understand context or social cues makes me lean towards B, but i'm honestly not sure.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
ac04 said:

you are either

A) so worked up about an internet disagreement over video games that you made up a lie about playing madden 24

or

B) so deep on the spectrum that you simmed several seasons of madden 23 with the wrong playbook, then for some reason did the exact same thing with madden 24

your inability to understand context or social cues makes me lean towards B, but i'm honestly not sure.

Why are those the only two possibilities?
This whole thing largely started because you chose to take my "glad you like it" as passive aggressive… but please teach me about context or social cues. You can draw from all your gaming experience in college, I'm sure you were very cool and popular on the top 100 leaderboards back in the day.
ac04
no, this whole thing started because you started an argument by sharing what "people" think about madden 24 because you have no first hand experience with the game. when called on it, you tried to save face by pretending that you do instead of just taking the L. and now here we are. this is the last time i will respond to you, please stop screwing up this thread with your made up BS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.