New NCAA football video game updates?

82,766 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Quad Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fur Missile Command said:

Why is the war hymn still the old version and not a FTAB recording? There are plenty to choose from. It sounds terrible and not even close to the real thing. Just lazy. We should have provided what audio to use for different situations. I hope this is only because it's a Beta version.

Because the FTAB only mostly plays what's written on the page.
CAR96
AG
Where or what game mode did they put Texas high school football teams in?
MW03
AG
AtticusMatlock
CAR96 said:

Where or what game mode did they put Texas high school football teams in?

That was for a heavily modded version of NCAA14.

EA was very cool with those devs instead of shutting it down and even hired some if them to work on NCAA25.
sellis2003
AG
Since they've broken away from NCAA licensing and are running directly through schools and players, in theory one would think both EA College Basketball and EA College Baseball would be completely doable!
TeddyAg0422
AG
100%, but unfortunately I don't think they see the market there for the effort it'd take to make those games
CAR96
AG
So the high school teams are not in this year's game?
Mr.Bond
AG
Nope
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

ac04
deluxe edition pre-loaded and says it will be available at 3:00 today.
CAR96
AG
Yep, going to get after it
State of Texas
Teambuilder info will finally be released by noon.

I can't believe we are finally here.
AgsMyDude
AG
ac04 said:

deluxe edition pre-loaded and says it will be available at 3:00 today.

Going to be driving back to down but will be ready for me when I get home!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Some good gameplay at Kyle starting round 37-38 minute mark here:

Looks like they changed what our band is wearing - I saw earlier vids where our band was wearing maroon.

edit - looks like I might've been wrong about them updating the band, but who cares.
flakrat
AG
Late to the game, but just found out they aren't releasing a PC version at launch and no word if they ever will (I'm assuming the will).

How damn difficult is it for them to simultaneously release a title for Xbox and PC, considering the platforms are very similar.

/endrant
State of Texas
There should be a patch coming out Friday and throughout the season as new uniform combinations and stadium upgrades/corrections happen, so I'm sure it will eventually get changed.

PC will eventually happen in a cycle or two...we can't get everything, whether its platform or feature we want in it's first year back...but they did put in quite a bit. At least EA had the mind to just focus on next gen consoles and didn't worry about PS4 and Xbox one.
RingOfive
AG
Love the pic of Weigman. The hair is spot-on.

MW03
AG

AgsWin2011
AG
If I haven't bought the early edition yet, will I be able to when I get home today or did you have to purchase it prior?
Bmac04
AG
You can still buy it today, I just did and it's downloading now.
bluefire579
AG
flakrat said:

Late to the game, but just found out they aren't releasing a PC version at launch and no word if they ever will (I'm assuming the will).

How damn difficult is it for them to simultaneously release a title for Xbox and PC, considering the platforms are very similar.

/endrant
There's a couple of different aspects to it.

• Console is far and away the bigger moneymaker for games like this. PC has wider appeal than it did, say, 10-15 years ago, but consoles are still going to be where your more casual gamers are, and being a sports game, this appeals to a wider range of casual players.
  • PC requires a lot of extra work to run well. For PC, because of the wide range of specs, you're having to develop and optimize for the widest range you can get while still maintaining both performance and fidelity. With console, however, you're essentially only developing for one machine (on each platform), so you can better dedicate your time to making sure it runs as well as possible on that one machine.

It's annoying, but it's a fact of life with games like these. I'm sure once they get the base game figured out and get back into the yearly cadence, we'll see the PC version coming out on time like it does on Madden.
Ags2013
AG
I bought the standard edition which will be available later in the week. However, if you buy EA Play for a month at $5.99, you get like $7 off the game and can play a free demo version for 10 hours until the standard edition is released.
CAR96
AG
Servers are overloaded
AgsWin2011
AG
Will this game be cross play between Xbox and PS5? Trying to figure which system I want to buy it on. I'm thinking Xbox because I can remote play on my Steam Deck (I haven't tried streaming PS5 to Steam Deck yet).
jr15aggie
AG
Ags2013 said:

I bought the standard edition which will be available later in the week. However, if you buy EA Play for a month at $5.99, you get like $7 off the game and can play a free demo version for 10 hours until the standard edition is released.

Oh really!? I pre-ordered the other day and downloaded the game. I have EA Play via Gamepass Ultimate. Will be very interested to see if I can fire it up when I get home.

Even it it's only a 10 hour early access, that's fine by me. No way I spend more than 10 hours between now and Friday.
aggievaulter07
AG
jr15aggie said:

Ags2013 said:

Oh really!? I pre-ordered the other day and downloaded the game. I have EA Play via Gamepass Ultimate. Will be very interested to see if I can fire it up when I get home.

Even it it's only a 10 hour early access, that's fine by me. No way I spend more than 10 hours between now and Friday.
Rookie numbers.
"I think aggievaulter07 may be the first person on TexAgs to actually back his **** up. I'm astounded, a little confused, and possibly hungry. I need some time to think about what this means." -MW03
txag2k
AG
feels great!!
AgZ12
AG
7-0 against Arkansas State in the middle of the 3rd quarter?
FIRE ELKO!!!
Ags2013
AG
txag2k said:

feels great!!

I need to get off work now
txag2k
AG
LOL. Going through the basic pre selected challenges for CUT rewards. Going to start my dynasty this evening.
txag2k
AG
I'm off all the week. Getting married on Saturday and then off next week as well. We're going on a vacation later this year, which serves as our honeymoon. By the end of the next two weeks, I expect to have a few nattys!
All I do is Nguyen
They included the RWB out crowd style!!!
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
jr15aggie said:

Ags2013 said:

I just got it through EA Play. Same reason - I won't get 10 hours free by Friday anyhow, and this is better than $30 for a few days. It's great so far.
BTHOthatguy
AG
Ugh dynasty mode not working because servers are down.
CavitationAG
AG
Lots of good game day atmosphere content in there. The Gig 'em Aggies after the kickoffs crack me up though. "Gig 'em Aggies woooo". A for effort though.
Gig em G
AG
I wish they had the right part of the War Hymn on first downs…I've only played one full game and it's annoying.

I got used to my own custom sounds on NCAA 14

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.