New NCAA football video game updates?

82,765 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
State of Texas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure it's 7/19/24.

I'm interested in seeing in what all is in this "Heisman Edition" and is it worth $150.

I have never got into ultimate team with Madden, and unfortunately, I hate that this is the way that CF 25 is going to go, rather than having an All-Time Nebraska or an 1988 OU Team for example.

I'm just holding out for an upgraded teambuilder experience.
ac04
i am guessing the big selling point for heisman edition will be early access (3 to 7 days). they'll also throw in some ultimate team crap, probably some DLC stuff like uniforms and/or past heisman winners available as players. could also see added bonuses like your road to glory player starts as a 5 star, additional capabilities in dynasty recruiting/transfers, etc.

some kind of physical collectible/trinket as well maybe? not sure. all i would really be interested in is early access, if it is a week or more early i may not be able to resist. otherwise i'll just wait. unless they actually do the past heisman winner idea and its back far enough to include johnny football....
AtticusMatlock
This thing is going to be littered with microtransactions and will be overcomplicated, just like Madden. It's also probably going to play like crap.

Will I buy it? Probably.
State of Texas
I doubt it will play like crap, but it will play like a foundational game. This was built from the ground up, not a Madden rehash and not with the Madden crew. 26 will be a lot better as I am sure as EA is trying a lot of new ideas with NIL and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Accurate future schedules have been programmed into dynasty into the 2030's as much as possible, I saw last week. New teams will be added next year as we saw last week along with the new expanded format. IDK. I think you'll still be able to have a decent experience without microtransactions, IMO. I would expect FCS teams to be added in 26 or 27.
PatAg
AG
A lot of the fun for people was the dynasty mode, which would have no interaction with microtransactions in theory.
In madden and fifa, the microtransaction stuff is all for online play right?
and even then, if you are just playing your buddies that wouldnt matter becuase you could just play normal teams.
PatAg
AG
Just had a horrible thought...Real Money Transaction for NIL in game.
You want that #1 recruit in the nation 5 star QB? Poney up
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My son's birthday is tomorrow….but it's the thought that counts right

caleblyn
Question...

Will my xBox One be able to play it or will the game only be available for X/S consoles?
wangus12
AG
PatAg said:

Just had a horrible thought...Real Money Transaction for NIL in game.
You want that #1 recruit in the nation 5 star QB? Poney up
I'll stick with NCAA 14 if they do that
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
PatAg said:

A lot of the fun for people was the dynasty mode, which would have no interaction with microtransactions in theory.
In madden and fifa, the microtransaction stuff is all for online play right?
and even then, if you are just playing your buddies that wouldnt matter becuase you could just play normal teams.

Yeah, as long as it is only required for people that want to try to compete with other folks in a race to see who can run out of money first, that's fine.

If the game is non-functional without microtransactions (i.e. you can't recruit very well unless you hire "premium" assistants who cost real $$) then it will be hugely disappointing.
jr15aggie
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

This thing is going to be littered with microtransactions and will be overcomplicated, just like Madden. It's also probably going to play like crap.

Will I buy it? Probably

I feel like the best thing they can do for this game is take a hard look at their games around 10-15 years ago (before competitive gaming made the games feel more like a chore).

I don't need to memorize a dozen different button combos just to throw and catch a ball high/low/inside/outside/etc. And I don't need the most realistic physics when I want to cut back and hit a running lane.

Tecmo Bowl is still fun to play with none of that... just make the gameplay fun and accessible!
AtticusMatlock
The ironic thing is if you look at the way the physics plays in NCAA14 it's actually smoother than the current version of Madden in some aspects.

Madden feels very stiff and animated in comparison.
Broncos
Josh Pate says release date is July 19.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Coming July 19th. Looks like ultimate team will be a thing unsurprisingly. Hopefully dynasty mode is great and they actually put effort into it. Just like suspected, the additional editions provide early access and ultimate team packs and points

Standard Edition - $69.99
- CFB 25
- Alma Mater ultimate Team Pack
- Cover Athlete ultimate Team Pack
- Bring Glory Home Ultimate Team Pack

Deluxe Edition: $99.99
+ 3 day early access
+ 4600 college football points
+ Hiesman Hopeful Ultimate Team Pack

MVP Bundle Edition: $149.99
+ Madden 25 Ultimate Edition
+ 4600 Madden Points
+ Elite Player Item

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Coming July 19th. Looks like ultimate team will be a thing unsurprisingly. Hopefully dynasty mode is great and they actually put effort into it. Just like suspected, the additional editions provide early access and ultimate team packs and points

Standard Edition - $69.99
- CFB 25
- Alma Mater ultimate Team Pack
- Cover Athlete ultimate Team Pack
- Bring Glory Home Ultimate Team Pack

What are team packs? Honest question and yes I'm sure it's a dumb one.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
In Madden there's a mode called ultimate team where you open card packs and build a team to play with. You keep playing to earn packs to open cards to get better players, and keep The circle going. In Madden you can pay money to get more points or new packs.

It's basically just a different game mode where EA tries to pull more money out of you. So the packs that come with the editions are basically the free crack they're giving you to try and get you addicted
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ahh. I knew you get cards but ignore those.

In the show I sell every one to upgrade my road to the show player faster.

NCAA I couldn't care less I'm just going to play old school offline dynasty
Broncos
So MVP comes with Madden 25 also? Not a bad deal if you want both.
PatAg
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Ahh. I knew you get cards but ignore those.

In the show I sell every one to upgrade my road to the show player faster.

NCAA I couldn't care less I'm just going to play old school offline dynasty
Exactly,and maybe play some friends online sometimes. Hopefully I dont have to interact with the pay for play stuff at all
BroncStomper06
AG
I just asked this on the premium board, but my question may be better served here.

I'm planning to buy an Xbox Series X for this game. Is it safe to assume that there will be a console bundle with the game? If so, are they typically only available after the release date, or can a game+console bundle be pre-ordered?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I don't pay for PlayStation online. No need to even have it available for my kiddo to sneak onto
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I've never seen a bundle with a sports game that I can remember
Captain Winky
I highly doubt it.
Broncos
Bundles typically have games like Spider-Man and Assassins Creed. Likely no bundle but I guess you never know.
ac04

MW03
AG
Pre-ordered the deluxe after seeing this.

BroncStomper06
AG
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Are consoles priced the same everywhere (outside of the holidays), or are there deals to be had at specific places like Costco?
Murder Hornet
AG
Isn't that our normal uniform? That should come with the standard game
PatAg
AG
Guess I should have expected no PC version
ac04
official reveal in 30 minutes

MW03
AG
Murder Hornet said:

Isn't that our normal uniform? That should come with the standard game

Yeah. Just got excited.
Mr.Bond
AG
Trailer looks good
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

PatAg
AG
2 months is a long wait
ac04
the LSU WR toe drag on the sideline

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My son is hyped. Is it going to be PS4 or so I need to psych my wife up for a PS5

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.