New NCAA football video game updates?

82,775 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My biggest weakness? Bringing over a defender to make a tackle after the WR catches it
Mr.Bond
AG
You want to schedule visits ASAP even if it's a **** opponent. I've found guys commit often before they visit my school in weeks 9 10 11 etc. It's too late
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

RAM700BA
AG
Not playing a football game since NCAA 12 is screwing me. The hit stick was such a big part of that game and it became second nature. The physics of it in this game are totally different. I'm diving at air all the time.
Ags2013
AG
I just beat a dude that threw 6 INTs and I threw 4 INTs. Is passing impossible in this game unless you break outside the pocket?
Richierich2323
There is a limit for each week. I do not know the number but I think it is like 5 or 6. The producers talked about it at some point before the game came out but iI don't remember the number.. You can stack complimentary players during visits for a nice boost to recruiting unless they play the same position and it can lower the rating from the visit.

I have noticed I recruit best when I go all out for 10-18 guys that I want to be the major players for my class and then if they sign or get a huge lead and the other schools cool off then I start dispersing points to new recruits.

I messed up in recruiting and did a horrible job in year one but trying to recruit too many people and on top of it had no points in my recruiting tree. I learned my lesson!

A funny thing in recruiting. I don't look at player names when recruiting usually and when I was looking at my signing class I had recruited Denver Harris to come back to A&M from the transfer portal.
tmaggie50
AG
I agree with the limited initial target approach. I spread myself too thin at the start of season one trying to spend time on 35 recruits. The biggest change is how many options I found later in the season to fill my board and commit. I didn't keep close watch, but I'll bet half my commits were people that I didn't even have on my board in the first 7 weeks but I started to add once I lost recruits.

I was also caught off guard that weeks were locked out for visits. Assumed it was a glitch but I guess too many visitors makes sense.
n_touch
Is there a certain point where you can choose activities? I can schedule a visit but not activities yet.
jr15aggie
AG
n_touch said:

Is there a certain point where you can choose activities? I can schedule a visit but not activities yet.

That's how it was in the old games... you couldn't do certain recruiting things until after X number of weeks.
n_touch
It is allowing me to schedule a visit and start the process but when I go to choose activities it will not select anything and I cannot move past that.
AggieKatie2
AG
When the game isn't going to let you win. Threw 5 INTs in the EndZone in the championship game to lose by 3.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Richierich2323 said:

There is a limit for each week. I do not know the number but I think it is like 5 or 6. The producers talked about it at some point before the game came out but iI don't remember the number.. You can stack complimentary players during visits for a nice boost to recruiting unless they play the same position and it can lower the rating from the visit.

I have noticed I recruit best when I go all out for 10-18 guys that I want to be the major players for my class and then if they sign or get a huge lead and the other schools cool off then I start dispersing points to new recruits.

I messed up in recruiting and did a horrible job in year one but trying to recruit too many people and on top of it had no points in my recruiting tree. I learned my lesson!

A funny thing in recruiting. I don't look at player names when recruiting usually and when I was looking at my signing class I had recruited Denver Harris to come back to A&M from the transfer portal.

Yeah, I filled my board in my dynasty and it's kind of funny. I'm undefeated after 5 or 6 weeks, ranked top 5 and have the lowest rated class in the nation with 0 commits. No other school has less than 5.
tmaggie50
AG
I just started doing online drive for the playoffs or whatever it is called. Really cool concept. The games go by quick and you can probably run through a whole season in no time.

With how limited my time will be to play, this might be my preferred method. If I go dynasty with 5 minute quarters, I would have at best time to recruit and play one game every couple days.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
JobSecurity said:

The number of roughing the kicker penalties I'm getting is ridiculous
I had to turn it off. Unfortunately you won't be able to online but you can in dynasty and that saved me from throwing the game in the garbage
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
JobSecurity said:

I take control of the edge rusher and stop him
I tried that but it's annoying having to do that and sometimes the guy next to you hits the kicker anyway
OSOB
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ranger222 said:

Got to mess around with some of the sliders in the settings last night. Definitely encourage people to go in and tweak them a bit. Just dropping the CPU Interceptions down to 25 from 50 stops the 4-5 INT games. Can also adjust run blocking for both sides, etc. It really helped even out the game for me.

Also found a playbook I really like - Kansas. Good mix of regular shotgun (2 backs, 5 wide, some wide trips formations) and pistol formations (diamond, two TE, 3 wide) along with some wildcat formations for fun.
I found not throwing the ball to DBs lowered my interceptions. Jk but there is truth to that. I don't mind there being a real penalty for making bad decisions. I do however have a problem being on the other side of the ball and dropping 3-5 picks a game.
OSOB
CAR96
AG
National Champions

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
jr15aggie said:

Finally got my free EA Play trial to work... I had bought the game and pre-loaded it over the weekend but it wouldn't load. Apparently I had to go back into the MS Store and select "free trial". Lame.

My initial impressions are good... I put up 50+ and Weigman went 400+ against NM. I will need to do another practice game or two before I fire up dynasty. But the game plays really well.

My gripes:

1. The War Hymn is already super annoying. They play it after a TD and then fire it up again after the PAT. Sorry EA, but we it's not boomer sooner, stop playing it constantly!

2. We need a real training mode, not the ******ed mini games. I have no idea how to properly thrown different passes. I have no idea how to run RPO's. Guess I'll have to watch some youtube tutorials so that I can learn how to play my video game!
Agreed with both points. There's not enough instruction in the game. The "target" minigames are incredibly useless trying to time throws to receivers so you can hit a target mid-air. Give me something to learn how to play your game EA..

As far as the Kyle Field experience it is pretty good but yes, they play the War Hymn way too damn much and I don't think it's at the correct tempo either. There's also no cannon yet other schools will have a literal tiny cannon on a dolly?? Ours is so much more badass. I see we also have cheerleaders and though they never show our band if you view them on replays they're wearing generic uniforms. However I was impressed that during a rainy game the corps was wearing the proper uniforms.

The worst most cringy thing IMO has to be the fake yells they have. I'm sure as an outsider it seems like they "nailed A&M" but as an Aggie who's been a part of the student section it's hard to listen to the complete nonsense of "rah rah rah, rah, rah, aye, aye, aye" or whatever the hell it is. Like if you're going to put that much effort into the game and record custom crowd chanting at least look up what we're actually yelling. It's things like this that just make the experience feel off.
OSOB
PatAg
AG
Already tired of hearing Mo Bamba on repeat
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The drums. Please make them stop. The drums…
PatAg
AG
Drum cadence is the one thing I dont get tired of
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

The drums. Please make them stop. The drums…
I miss when it was either a soundtrack or school fight songs. Drum cadence gets old fast
OSOB
tmaggie50
AG
I'm thrown off by how they decide which player I switch to on defense during the play. It feels like a super slow reaction when I click switch player and almost never feels like it goes to the player I would assume. On pass rushing it almost never switches me to the guy closest to the qb in the rush.
Teslag
AG
The tiny helmet logo is annoying. How do they get that so wrong?
tk for tu juan
https://today.tamu.edu/2024/07/19/former-students-contribute-to-new-college-football-video-game/

Quote:

EA SPORTS College Football 25 released today, the first college football video game since EA's NCAA Football 14 in 2013. Seven former Texas A&M University students Gracie Arenas Strittmatter '04, Joel Heath '05, Schaefer Mitchell '12, Mat Suarez '15, Ashley St. John '17, Anantha Natarajan Santhana Srinivasan '20 and Cassie Mullins '22 contributed to the creation of the game.

The contributing Aggies had a range of roles, including technical artistry, environmental artistry, software engineering and studio leadership. However, most of the Aggies had the opportunity to contribute to work related specifically to Texas A&M University. St. John and Mullins contributed work to the Kyle Field environment, Srinivasan worked on Corps of Cadets uniforms and the Parsons Mounted Cavalry Spirit of '02 cannon, and Strittmatter and Heath helped with feedback and reference on traditions, yells and history
PatAg
AG
Sometimes I do just want to only play offense, but I know I would regret it if I ever actually played another person.
PatAg
AG
tmaggie50 said:

I'm thrown off by how they decide which player I switch to on defense during the play. It feels like a super slow reaction when I click switch player and almost never feels like it goes to the player I would assume. On pass rushing it almost never switches me to the guy closest to the qb in the rush.
Same, there must be something we dont understand
RingOfive
AG
PatAg said:

tmaggie50 said:

Same, there must be something we dont understand

Yep. Same here.
RAM700BA
AG
This has helped a lot with switching for me

https://instagr.am/p/C9czox5xNiF
AggieChemE09
AG
Finally started my dynasty after a few more uniform edits
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Online Dynasty mode is absolutely cooked. Can't load into it after the first 24 hours and it is widespread

Not having a fix yet for this is ROUGH
AgsMyDude
AG
RAM700BA said:

Not playing a football game since NCAA 12 is screwing me. The hit stick was such a big part of that game and it became second nature. The physics of it in this game are totally different. I'm diving at air all the time.

Lmao same

I've given up so many huge plays with my DB just rolling to the ground
Richierich2323
Sweet uniforms! I just made a TAMU-CC dynasty and starting the program from scratch as the head coach. My first game was wild won with a last minute FG against Eastern Michigan.

In other news, I think I finally figured out defense...never play cover 0 or cover 1....so that when you need a big sack you can dial it up and cause havoc.

Mostly play a base conservative cover 2 or cover 3 defense (I prefer zone) and then manually add in blitz's and pressure based on the look and what the defense has been doing.

This has worked really well for me against the CPU and online. I have about 40 wins on Touchdown Tango oddly enough running A&M's offense. I hate the passing but the run game is solid and I have 85 Marshall Faulk who is a beast!

Sadly, my summer ends today. So I will not be able to play nearly much as I have been this past week. I know there are problems with the game but I absolutely love iti
AggieChemE09
AG
Richierich2323 said:

Sweet uniforms! I just made a TAMU-CC dynasty and starting the program from scratch as the head coach. My first game was wild won with a last minute FG against Eastern Michigan.

In other news, I think I finally figured out defense...never play cover 0 or cover 1....so that when you need a big sack you can dial it up and cause havoc.

Mostly play a base conservative cover 2 or cover 3 defense (I prefer zone) and then manually add in blitz's and pressure based on the look and what the defense has been doing.

This has worked really well for me against the CPU and online. I have about 40 wins on Touchdown Tango oddly enough running A&M's offense. I hate the passing but the run game is solid and I have 85 Marshall Faulk who is a beast!

Sadly, my summer ends today. So I will not be able to play nearly much as I have been this past week. I know there are problems with the game but I absolutely love iti
I replaced A&M and kept thier roster since, I don't have the heart to play A&M and I want to continue learning the roster.

I hope to do a franchise from the bottom of CFB and win my way all the way to relevance next!
AggieChemE09
AG
Yeah at this point I wish I could disable hit stick
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So the only way to do a team builder team in dynasty is to pay for Xbox live? Is that correct?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.