New NCAA football video game updates?

82,777 Views | 952 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Kraft Punk
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

I think I've got an idea of the answer, but: Why is the game called College Football 25 and not College Football 24?

It's always done it like this. Championship is in January so maybe that's why.

NCAA 14 came out in August of 13
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

double aught
AG
Yeah, I know it's always been this way, but this seemed like a good opportunity to use the correct year. Always been a pet peeve of mine!
jr15aggie
AG
They probably could have, but it wouldn't have made any sense with Madden still being a year ahead. Madden 25 and College Football 24... that would be a marketing nightmare.

wangus12
AG
jr15aggie said:

They probably could have, but it wouldn't have made any sense with Madden still being a year ahead. Madden 25 and College Football 24... that would be a marketing nightmare.

Not just Madden, but all of EA's games are the next year.
All I do is Nguyen
I think they should rebrand it with College Football 1, then 2, 3....
double aught
AG
Would be better than 25
Gomer95
AG
Anyone else hoping this new NCAA game will open the door again for AT LEAST NCAA Basketball video game? And my ultimate pipe dream is just ONE Next Gen NCAA baseball game again. I loved the PS2 ones they had!
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I'd much rather college baseball. That game was awesome back in the ps2 days.
Gomer95
AG
Me too but that's a real long shot vs basketball. But we can hope!
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Mr.Bond
AG
Gomer95 said:

Me too but that's a real long shot vs basketball. But we can hope!

Agreed. Man I loved college baseball on PS2 but basketball more likely back first.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd love another college baseball game, but that only made it two years on PS and only one on Xbox. Basketball I think is just a matter of time.

Hell, the baseball game they put out was barely given any effort. The schedules were nothing like college baseball. They had like ten stadiums. I think they chopped it off at the knees for people that would have bought it.
AgsMyDude
AG
Picked up my Series S from the pawn shop today, all ready

I have a couple intramural championships from '09 and '11

Let's go
dtkprowler
AG
The soundtrack for NCAA baseball 06? I think it was, was amazing. Was easily one of my favorite sports games!
tmaggie50
AG
The most exciting part of the gameplay preview was the rushing attack. It looked like you could legitimately have a dynamic rushing attack aside from just 2 plays that work. You can dice through the line without being sucked into a vortex by a dlinemen. And you could make very small movements without completely losing your speed.
bluefire579
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

I'd love another college baseball game, but that only made it two years on PS and only one on Xbox. Basketball I think is just a matter of time.

Hell, the baseball game they put out was barely given any effort. The schedules were nothing like college baseball. They had like ten stadiums. I think they chopped it off at the knees for people that would have bought it.
That was right after EA lost the MLB license (which was a shame, MVP was the best baseball game at the time by far). I think the college attempt was more a proof of concept to see if they could sell (and make use of the work already put into the engine), and then they would have brought more to it over time.

EA has mentioned revitalizing it in the past, and I think the rise in ratings we've seen in the CWS is making it more attractive, but it's also been almost two decades since EA developed a real baseball game, so any work would be even more from scratch than this football game was.

Of course, if Sony decided to take it on, they could probably spit one out a bit faster with all they've already put into MLB the Show
Quincey P. Morris
AG
bluefire579 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

That was right after EA lost the MLB license (which was a shame, MVP was the best baseball game at the time by far). I think the college attempt was more a proof of concept to see if they could sell (and make use of the work already put into the engine), and then they would have brought more to it over time.

EA has mentioned revitalizing it in the past, and I think the rise in ratings we've seen in the CWS is making it more attractive, but it's also been almost two decades since EA developed a real baseball game, so any work would be even more from scratch than this football game was.

Of course, if Sony decided to take it on, they could probably spit one out a bit faster with all they've already put into MLB the Show

I'd be thrilled if somebody did it. I'm just not getting my hopes up.
RingOfive
AG
Road to Glory Deep Dive

This deep dive was released today. It looks pretty cool. It's probably something I'll do later on, though, when I start getting bored with dynasty.
bluefire579
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

bluefire579 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I'd be thrilled if somebody did it. I'm just not getting my hopes up.
My thoughts as well
RingOfive
AG

You can see some gameplay at Kyle Field in this vid. They have us running out to the war hymn. And the war hymn plays after touchdowns.
jr15aggie
AG
Still annoys me that our helmet logo's appear to be 15-20% too small.
FDXAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Still annoys me that our helmet logo's appear to be 15-20% too small.

No joke. Seems like something so simple but it's absolutely too small. Noticed it right away and honestly couldn't stop focusing on it. Also might not be at the correct angle on the helmet, but not sure on that. Just looks really off.....

Shame too, because the game looks amazing. I do think Reveille looks pretty rough. For whatever reason, they can't get her hair to look right. But Kyle Field looks incredible and neat to have the Corps giving the thumbs up in their Corps block.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
That doesn't bother me
FDXAg
AG
Game looks incredible. Logo is only thing I can really nitpick. Hopefully you guys enjoy some screenshots....

WES2006AG
AG
The helmets should hopefully be addressed and it is weird to see us in white at home.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Theoretically, if they don't address it, you could deal with it with team builder. I used to use that anyway to create my own helmets.
FDXAg
AG
Edit
FDXAg
AG
Need to have people on here send this to EA college football team. Pretty huge adjustment. And an easy fix in one of the initial patches that will come out

AgsMyDude
AG
That video is almost 90 minutes. Whereabouts is the Kyle field part
FDXAg
AG
32 minutes in
FDXAg
AG
Isn't that because LSU wears their dark jerseys on the road?
Quad Dog
AG
Leak of Elko's uniform changes
Quincey P. Morris
AG
FDXAg said:

They only wear dark jerseys if the other team wears white I believe. Home team dictates the uniform.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
FDXAg said:

Road teams don't choose what they wear.

More so they like wearing white at home so they wear white a lot
Fur Missile Command
AG
Why is the war hymn still the old version and not a FTAB recording? There are plenty to choose from. It sounds terrible and not even close to the real thing. Just lazy. We should have provided what audio to use for different situations. I hope this is only because it's a Beta version.
“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - Winston Churchill

FJB
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Here's some extended dynasty/recruiting gameplay

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.