New NCAA football video game updates?

83,422 Views | 954 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by jr15aggie
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The online games I have been in have all been really close generally speaking. I blew one guy out but it really didn't unravel for him until the 4th quarter. All other games have been extremely tight and one score games with lead changes usually in the last 2 minutes of a game.
Zachary Klement
AG
Has anyone experienced any glitches in online play?

I started Road to the CFP yesterday and have seen some graphic that says "ATTENTION" with a bunch of text that disappeared quickly, but it occurred mid-play every time.
Ags2013
AG
Zachary Klement said:

I started Road to the CFP yesterday and have seen some graphic that says "ATTENTION" with a bunch of text that disappeared quickly, but it occurred mid-play every time.

I had an opponent figure out if he onside kicked, my guy would automatically fumble. He did it twice. I even tried just diving to the ground but he still fumbled.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm wondering if they do end up releasing any alternate uniforms even if they're for purchase. It'd be pretty awesome to have some of the one offs we did under Sumlin or even be able to use those uniforms.
Mr.Bond
AG
We have the least amount of options in the entire game. It blows
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Richierich2323
Zachary Klement said:

For the most part, the game has been mostly cheese and glitch free for me. The only crappy opponent I played was a guy who ran the Wildcat Jet whatever double pass over and over and the AI goes for the fake 95% of the time even though you targeted a pass on the play.

AggieKO
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

I'm wondering if they do end up releasing any alternate uniforms even if they're for purchase. It'd be pretty awesome to have some of the one offs we did under Sumlin or even be able to use those uniforms.
Or at least a white helmet option lol
PooDoo
AG
Anyone's Dynasty freeze after simming to the next possession?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What offense is best to ensure more touches for a running back in road to glory or whatever.

I would have thought pro style but that did tons of throwing
SquareOne07
AG
I don't think I'm getting any of my coaching coins or whatever to help me upgrade my coach in offline dynasty.

Apparently this is a somewhat common glitch?

I suppose I'll just have to start over and hope next season it doesn't do that again?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone's Dynasty freeze after simming to the next possession?

Not Dynasty, but RTG and yes. Whatever this patch did is bombing out the possession transitions. I've been staring at the screen for three minutes waiting for the animation to complete so the ball can be placed for the next play. Sigh.
RAM700BA
AG
I lost to ****ing South Carolina on the road.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Anybody have issue with people running Flexbone Close online and always getting the edge on you?

I know schematically what should work but still getting out flanked.

Anyone know adjustments?
AtticusMatlock
They will definitely need to patch some of the defensive AI and how they defend the outside run game. Speed option is also an issue for similar reasons.
AtticusMatlock
Power spread has a lot of power run formations.
Ags2013
AG
I just kick sixed the horns to win on RTCFP
tmaggie50
AG
Sitting at 6-1 in my road to playoff first attempt and ranked 22nd in the "recruit" division. Avg margin of victory is 4.5 points. Lots of mail biters. Really like that the quarters are set to 3 minutes
All I do is Nguyen
Played UGA in a playoff game on my RTG qb and either UGA was laying the wood on my WEs causing them to drop passes or they just had butter fingers. We lost in OT by 2 and it was the worst game my WRs have ever had.
Broncos
SquareOne07 said:

I don't think I'm getting any of my coaching coins or whatever to help me upgrade my coach in offline dynasty.

Apparently this is a somewhat common glitch?

I suppose I'll just have to start over and hope next season it doesn't do that again?
I noticed that a few weeks in on my dynasty also. I plan on using my current dynasty as a practice of sorts to figure out the game and recruiting and will probably start over on a level up after the next patch.
Ranger222
AG
Went through the rest of my dynasty offseason last night

I found transfer portal recruiting to be relatively easy.....you just have to offer immediately and "send the house". Schedule a visit immediately. The checkmark pitches open faster in the offseason, so getting to the hard sell is faster. I landed ~75% of my transfer portal targets as Texas State and only got beaten out by bigger programs which is expected. In the last week of the recruiting offseason (week 4), I also went through all the HS/transfer portal lists and offered random guys that had 0 offers. I did this for about eight players, and all but one ended up committing to me after only offering a scholarship. Felt like that was a bit of a cheat code. I didn't spend any points scouting so some where busts, but I went into the offseason with only two 3*s committed and came out with 12 plus a couple 4* transfers. Overall I think the sim needs tuning to not have 4* and 3* players with zero offers on the final week of recruiting (I think this may have been a patch update?).

I did find some areas that were "broken" or had bugs. During position changes, I would bring up a selected player and it would show a player I didn't select. I had to exit out of the screen and go back in numerous times to select the player I actually wanted to view. Several of my athletes that needed positions that I recruited didn't show up at all. For example I had an athlete QB that wasn't on the roster in the position changes. He only showed up when I advanced to the preseason. It was fine but I was curious what his OVR would have been as a WR/RB. When I was editing custom conferences, my changes in division names (particularly division 2) wouldn't save or changes in # of conference games played. I had to change things twice or three times to save correctly. It ended up being fine but spent more time than I should have. The first time I've really encountered things that weren't working well.
Captmorg70
On the ATH in position change screen:

There is not a tab for ATH like 14, but if you sort the roster on all positions yours ATHs will show up.

I recruited 7 ATHs one season and was determined to find a way to see their best position.
Ranger222
AG
Yeah no this athlete was not on the roster at all. I had other athletes I recruited that did show up in their positions, but this was a QB that wasn't under the QBs or any other position. I was like "welp, he didn't make it to campus" but then was listed under QBs at the start of the preseason
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
When you're in the change positions part of the offseason, go to the position column and sort your roster by position. That will show you all your athletes.
CoachRTM
AG
What they said. Look at the "ALL players" tab and sort by position. They show up under "ATH".

One thing that took me by surprise the first offseason - if you use all 35 scholarships, that means you are probably going to need to cut some pretty good players from your active roster, because you can't cut any of the 35 you just signed.

So taking that random 3 star at the end of the process may not be worth it. I'm much more cognizant of the number of guys I want now
Captmorg70
Thanks you for explaining it much better than I did!

Also agree on filling out the roster with random recruits.

At some point it does seem like quality is better than quantity outside when you HAVE to fill a position.
AgsMyDude
AG
CoachRTM said:

What they said. Look at the "ALL players" tab and sort by position. They show up under "ATH".

One thing that took me by surprise the first offseason - if you use all 35 scholarships, that means you are probably going to need to cut some pretty good players from your active roster, because you can't cut any of the 35 you just signed.

So taking that random 3 star at the end of the process may not be worth it. I'm much more cognizant of the number of guys I want now

Agree on the last part

It's annoying at the end of year to have so many points I don't use because there just aren't enough recruits were pursuing at that time. But I think it'll work out once I build up the coaching attributes to increase points at all the positions.
lb3
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

ac04 said:

but i definitely don't need a child's advice on what a good football game is

The irony and sadness in this part deserves its own post. We're talking about a ****ing E rated video game.
Techmo is still the all-time greatest football video game. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
jdubd34
AG
Ok, I need some quick advice as someone who's been out of the game since 2014.

Should I buy the digital version of the game or the disc?

I'm thinking disc PS5 is worth the extra $50, but digital game version so the disc doesn't get lost, scratched, etc. Is there something else I should consider?
Gomer95
AG
Digital. I'm Old Army and this is only the 3rd time ever I've not bought a disc for a popular release, mostly because of resell issues but I've LOVED having it be digital. I never have to put the disc in so laziness wins lol.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
Gig em G
AG
A&M's playbook seems to be limited on "Road to Playoffs" (online H2H.)

Is this for all teams? Or is this a bug?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
It's supposed to be unique to the school which was design decision for "authenticity" - but I wish they didn't do it this way. I want to be able access every single play and/or switch out to other team's playbooks or something. It feels unnecessarily limiting.
Gig em G
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

It's supposed to be unique to the school which was design decision for "authenticity" - but I wish they didn't do it this way.

But I'm still using A&M's specific playbook that I use against the CPU…So why is there a difference between offline or online A&M's playbook? That doesn't make sense to me.
Brock Sampson
AG
I've found that the coach suggestions are very limited when playing RTP. If you go through concepts there are a TON more plays, especially RPOs.

Also played with Ole Miss once. I love their playbook. Lot of RPO variations as well as WR splits.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

It's supposed to be unique to the school which was design decision for "authenticity" - but I wish they didn't do it this way. I want to be able access every single play and/or switch out to other team's playbooks or something. It feels unnecessarily limiting.

You can't open up the playbook by hiring a new OC?
AgsMyDude
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

You can't open up the playbook by hiring a new OC?

Online head to head you can't change playbooks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.