New NCAA football video game updates?

83,483 Views | 954 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by jr15aggie
beatlesphan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks, this is helpful
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieKO
AG
idk if it's by design, but I'm pretty sure RTG 2 star option is bugged. Not getting any SP for ranking up and still a 67 OVR QB2 in year 3.
Ags2013
AG
MW03 said:

If EA is right, our OLine needs help
Poor Conner got sacked on my first 3 offensive plays. Then he threw a 85 yard td on 4th and long.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dumb complaint, but I wish they hadn't used the same system for changing helmets and face masks as Madden. Maybe I'm missing something, but choosing the helmet style and then having to scroll through every facemask style for every helmet to change that is annoying.
AgFB
AG
Played this morning and started a dynasty with the Ags.

Is this just a dynasty thing or did they change our home field advantage ranking to no. 5? That's what it was when playing ND.

SIAM.
SirDeofWood
AG
I really like the game. Just wish they had a standard option that had the regular coaches in it and you could play a standard season.

Also not sure how the road to CFP works. I already have two losses. Will it reset after the 12 games or so that you play and you do it again?
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Absolutely nothing to do with gameplay, but Reveille's fur texture is hot garbage.
ac04
very impressed with this game so far.
Gomer95
AG
Can you only play 1 team in a dynasty at a time? My daughter goes to Oklahoma State and I wanted to do a season and play with both the Ags and Pokes. I guess that was only for a season not a dynasty, right?
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
tmaggie50
AG
I think the game is outstanding and much more realistic than '14 ( I know it's to be expected). Control over the players movement is really good. Passing is going to take some getting used to as it feels more difficult to see the full field and movement post snap and the reads have to be very quick to time passes correctly. But again, I think that is very realistic.

You need to make some pre snap decisions and you need to time your throws correctly on routes. Throw too late on an out route and it's going to get picked. Throw too early on a crossing route and the linebacker is taking it. I agree that it feels like my mistakes when I throw an interception and not a freak play. I also dont mind that the defense catches it so much because the picks I have thrown have basically been straight to the defender.

Running the ball is much more fun and it feels like a variety of run plays can work.

Kicking is way harder, but again college kickers are not reliable.

Jerseys look much better in the game than I expected and I don't notice the ATM helmet decal being too small as much as I thought I would during the game. It is annoying though because all the animations outside of the game have the appropriate decal.

Band and corps look great to me and I'm glad they got that detail correct.

I'm really impressed with everything related to the game at this point.
SirDeofWood
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

Absolutely nothing to do with gameplay, but Reveille's fur texture is hot garbage.
Haha! I was saying this same thing last night!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Reading online that the sim engine is totally busted - hopefully this is just a small vocal minority or it will be patched soon but apparently FCS teams are regularly beating top 25 teams and many top teams are starting off the year losing a lot. Also, sim stats are unrealistic (low). Haven't been able to play yet but curious if anyone on here who has been able to get halfway or so through a dynasty is seeing this.
Ervin Burrell
AG
joshpettett said:

For some reason they have us playing a red, white, and blue game against Notre Dame.

Is this not customizable? Like, did it default to this and you could've changed it to a normal crowd or did you not have an option?
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Notre Dame was ranked 8th and I (the Aggies) beat them like 49-0. I just figured it was because I have it on easy mode.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
That was the default season opener for me in Dynasty mode as well.
Ervin Burrell
AG
BackwardsInBoots said:

Notre Dame was ranked 8th and I (the Aggies) beat them like 49-0. I just figured it was because I have it on easy mode.
Yeah but unless you simulated that game, that has nothing to do with what I asked.
MW03
AG
Imma need a tutorial on how to run the RPO
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
joshpettett said:

CAR96 said:

Game is tough. Im on varsity level and cant beat the computer. Cant pass or catch worth a damn.

Lost 2 online games and three computer games. Getting waxed.

Had 4-5 roughing the kicker on xtra points, can't punt more than about 20 yards.

You need to click and hold the button. The swinging target is accuracy, then holding the button fills the power bar.
I had issues with kicking at first too

I had probably 5 punts, averaging about 15 yards when I thought "I wonder if I should hold the button" and sure enough....
MW03
AG
I missed my first PAT and then got taken into OT by Notre Dame as a result. The game is too realistic.
JobSecurity
AG
MW03 said:

Imma need a tutorial on how to run the RPO

Play the mini games. They really do help so much
RingOfive
AG
MW03 said:

Imma need a tutorial on how to run the RPO all the things.
FIFY.
I suck at this game right now. I guess that's what happens when the last football game you played was NCAA 2006.
tmaggie50
AG
Confirming the A&M playbook sucks. I switched to Ole Miss. I need to add more under center formations to it but it is much better. The run plays are all some variation of zones from shotgun though. I had success running the option. Still trying to learn read option and haven't attempted an RPO yet.

The WR screens actually work in this game now. Maybe too good.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Re: A&M's playbook sucking, makes you wonder what they did for programs with first year coaches and/or coordinators. Did they just look at what Klein did at KSU last year, or Elko at Duke?
joshpettett
AG
tmaggie50 said:

Confirming the A&M playbook sucks. I switched to Ole Miss. I need to add more under center formations to it but it is much better. The run plays are all some variation of zones from shotgun though. I had success running the option. Still trying to learn read option and haven't attempted an RPO yet.

Unfortunately HB screens now seem badly broken.
The HB always runs into the G or T and takes too much time to slide off them.

I've tried several times, hoping that it was due to defensive play calls, but I have not found it possible to run a HB screen from under center against a P5 team.
I have successfully completed a shotgun screen, but only about 10% of the time, due to the HB not getting past the linemen until I'm getting hit.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Maybe I missed it from someone else but we have male cheerleaders for road games.
Gig em G
AG
For those that say A&M's playbook sucks, what is it you think is bad about it?
RingOfive
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Maybe I missed it from someone else but we have male cheerleaders for road games.
We had male and female cheerleaders during a home game in one of the games I played.
Thunder18
AG
Gig em G said:

For those that say A&M's playbook sucks, what is it you think is bad about it?

It is extremely generic and run heavy, which isn't a bad thing as running is much easier than passing BUT the pass play options in the A&M playbook are pretty bad.

On my year one A&M dynasty for some reason EJ Smith gets more pt than Owens, Moss or Daniels despite being 4th string. Definitely some interesting kinks to work out.
MillerLatte
I have noticed the same with mine. It is frustrating.

I want to run a 1 - 2 punch with Owens and Moss but can't figure out how to set it up unless I make a coaching change on depth chart during the game.
Ranger222
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Re: A&M's playbook sucking, makes you wonder what they did for programs with first year coaches and/or coordinators. Did they just look at what Klein did at KSU last year, or Elko at Duke?

I'm wondering if the A&M playbook was really meant for Jimbo. This game was supposed to be released last year originally, so I'm betting a good chunk of A&M's playbook was put in prior to Jimbo being fired / Elko and Klein hired and they just never went back in and adjusted it. That would make a lot of sense.
Cubs898
AG
You have to go to the Microsoft store and "purchase" the trial
AgShaun00
AG
i was playing online with a friend and cause bad teams. Colorado st has a pretty good palybook. Ole Miss is too exotic for me
tmaggie50
AG
joshpettett said:

tmaggie50 said:

Unfortunately HB screens now seem badly broken.
The HB always runs into the G or T and takes too much time to slide off them.

I've tried several times, hoping that it was due to defensive play calls, but I have not found it possible to run a HB screen from under center against a P5 team.
I have successfully completed a shotgun screen, but only about 10% of the time, due to the HB not getting past the linemen until I'm getting hit.

I've never tried under center hb screen because I never trust I'll get time to throw. I've had some good success using shotgun hb screens. The times it hasn't worked is because I'm hit too quickly.
AtticusMatlock
A&M's playbook looks like a lot of what Klein did at KState last year. A lot of heavier shotgun sets with a mix of power, counter, zone, etc. It is not Jimbo's offense.

Ruben Owens in the zone run game (especially outside zone) is money. There's a lot of emphasis on the right stick and if you master it he can have huge games. I mix up Moss and Owens a lot. Moss better at inside zone. Reading the cutback opportunities is very rewarding in this game. Takes some practice.
tmaggie50
AG
AgShaun00 said:

i was playing online with a friend and cause bad teams. Colorado st has a pretty good palybook. Ole Miss is too exotic for me

I thought Ole Miss playbook is fairly simple. Passing concepts are easy to process in play. Levels crossing routes or complimentary twin routes with post and out routes or corner and out route concepts.

The slot fade route works really well against man coverage barring what type of safety coverage they are running.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.