***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,826 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude.

You're my new favorite person!
FIDO95
AG
I struggled with the 10 assists (and that medal) until a played some domination rounds. When it is 12 v 12 and your on a squad of 5, there is almost a 50% chance the guy killing your suppressed target is on your squad and hence you getting the credit. I knocked out the medal quickly on they game mode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BradC34
AG
This might be my most satisfying kill of all time.

Spent a lot of time trolling the skies tonight, getting a hang of everything. The guy on the AA above got pissed off and started doing the above. After that exchange, he got a fighter and quickly knocked out my next attack plane. He was angry. LOL

Bomber has minimal upside without gunners. You might get some bomb kills by trolling hot flags but you'll get chewed up quick without gunners.

Attack plane should pretty much only be run in Tank Hunter mode. The bombs it drops are brutal vs. tanks and the primary canon round is enough to knock down bombers and other attack planes with a couple solid hits. It's a challenge to nail the canon shot, but the payoff is much better than the Ground Support mode's slow-firing gun. All that being said, you'll still get chewed up by a good fighter if you don't have a gunner.

Fighter has two good modes in Bomber Killer and Trench Fighter, though I think the former is a bit more versatile. Trench Fighter's shotgun-like ground attack is devastating if you nail the shot but mostly you'll just get hit points. Bomber Killer has fantastic rockets that can be used on air and ground targets alike with almost the same power.

titanmaster_race
war pigeons did the trick for me
Agmaniacmike12
AggieBowhunter10 said:

This might be my most satisfying kill of all time.

Spent a lot of time trolling the skies tonight, getting a hang of everything. The guy on the AA above got pissed off and started doing the above. After that exchange, he got a fighter and quickly knocked out my next attack plane. He was angry. LOL

Bomber has minimal upside without gunners. You might get some bomb kills by trolling hot flags but you'll get chewed up quick without gunners.

Attack plane should pretty much only be run in Tank Hunter mode. The bombs it drops are brutal vs. tanks and the primary canon round is enough to knock down bombers and other attack planes with a couple solid hits. It's a challenge to nail the canon shot, but the payoff is much better than the Ground Support mode's slow-firing gun. All that being said, you'll still get chewed up by a good fighter if you don't have a gunner.

Fighter has two good modes in Bomber Killer and Trench Fighter, though I think the former is a bit more versatile. Trench Fighter's shotgun-like ground attack is devastating if you nail the shot but mostly you'll just get hit points. Bomber Killer has fantastic rockets that can be used on air and ground targets alike with almost the same power.

Are you sure you're using the Trench Fighter bombs correctly? Those things are money in taking out infantry. 100% agree on Tank Hunter, that is one of the most fun ways to use a vehicle in any Battlefield game I've ever played.
BradC34
AG
I had a perfect shot on a gander of snipers and just got a bunch of hits, no kills. Circled around to do it again and got one kill.
Agmaniacmike12
AggieBowhunter10 said:

I had a perfect shot on a gander of snipers and just got a bunch of hits, no kills. Circled around to do it again and got one kill.
It took awhile for me to get comfortable with when to drop them. You almost have to drop them at full speed and be fairly low to the ground.
BradC34
AG
I have noticed that the Tank Buster bombs are more effective on a full-speed dive than gravity.
jeffk
AG
A gander of snipers, huh?
BradC34
AG
Yeah like a heard of tanks.
BradC34
AG
It's Kill Exchange Weekend

Also, people are ripping me in the imgur comments for some reason.
wee_ag
AG
AggieBowhunter10 said:

It's Kill Exchange Weekend

Also, people are ripping me in the imgur comments for some reason.
It's Imgur so I'm guessing all their mom's are making them get out of the basement and do their laundry.
BradC34
AG
Here's the World War I flying ace, hunting the Red Baron over Monte Grappe. A hundred anti-aircrafts guns blot out the sun with flak.

jeffk
AG
We finally got a house. I know you guys were all stressed out about it.

Can't move in until late June though, so I'll be couch hopping for a month finishing up the school year while my wife stays with family. Not sure if that will lead to more Xbox time or less.
titanmaster_race
Great news! Hopefully the in between time will fly by.
BradC34
AG
Just to clarify, it doesn't matter what variation of a weapon you use, all kills count toward a service star. There aren't separate service stars for the Lewis Supressive and the Lewis Low Weight, right?

Likewise, Fighter Plane kills all count the same and I'm not earning toward individual service stars for each Fighter (Albatros, SPAD, Fokker, etc.). However there isn't a unique dog tag for plane-type service stars, just the overall 100 airplane kills, so I guess that doesn't matter anyway.

Have I mentioned that they kind of blew the dog tag thing in this game? BF3 and even BF4 (for all its faults) had so much more variety and even interesting designs. Earning and stealing dog tags was the driving force behind most of my time spent in BF3. Having weekly medal rotations and tracking one at a time is asinine too.
byfLuger41
AG
MaroonStain
AG
Service stars are earned for each weapon not weapon type.
titanmaster_race
Service stars are earned per weapon variation. Elite codices are earned per all variations of a particular weapon
jeffk
AG
You left me online with all your crazy friends last night.

Still dominated, but I had no idea what most of them were talking about most of the time.
cone
AG
verdun heights is in my top five BF maps of all time

taking bunker D from the german camp is pure adrenaline
MaroonStain
AG
You reiterated my point with an added nugget.
jeffk
AG
Hey, can anyone tell me how service stars and codices work?
MaroonStain
AG
I don't deal with codices. Once you reach 100 kills with a weapon type, then you receive a service star.
Pilmer
AG
Codices. 10 kills with any type of different weapon (all variants count as one) unlocks you 5000 xp. Some codices are vehicle related, single player, etc.

Elite Codices. 500 kills with one of the specific guns listed, any variant (I.e. Storm, trench, factory, doesn't matter). 25000 xp

Service stars, 100 kills with a weapon, specific variant 5000 xp. First service star unlocks your backside dog tag for gun.

Backside dog tag (whichever equipped) will list how many total kills you have with that weapon on death screen for enemy
jeffk
AG
Really, no one?
titanmaster_race
jeffk said:

Really, no one?

I got your joke, but I ignored it since I was the butt
jeffk
AG
Seriously though, it may take me a 100 years to get all these elite codices, rank 110 and class rank 50...

And I still need to learn how to fly the stupid planes.
titanmaster_race
jeffk said:

Seriously though, it may take me a 100 years to get all these elite codices, rank 110 and class rank 50...

And I still need to learn how to fly the stupid planes.

Infantry classes rank 50 will be there before you know it, especially if you have a squad double xp going.

Now vehicle classes rank 50......all I want is to make pilot rank 10 so I can unlock that stupid pistol.
jeffk
AG
Same.

I'm soooo bad at flying. I guess I could jump from perfectly good planes and get kills that way, but I'd hate myself the whole time.
MaroonStain
AG
I want to get the shotgun for the tank driver but this seems so far, far away...
BradC34
AG
I love the carbine pistols so much, especially the Luger. I wish they were available in kits other than tanker/pilot.

In case anybody wanted to know, the airplane kills dogtag is specific to kills made as a pilot in an airplane. Pilot kills on the ground do not count toward those kills, but they do count toward the class.

Not that you're going to get a ton of XP on the ground though, since you're ineffective against armor, have no health packs or ammo, and have a very short range. You're better off learning to fly well enough to troll ground troops/tanks and hope one of your teammates can take out air targets.

(P.S. - As in previous BF games, air-to-air combat can be pointless and frustrating because (a) even though damage caused by you might directly lead to a crash, you sometimes won't get credit for a destroy or kill, and (b) most pilots jump out long before the stupid thing actually blows up. There's way more XP to earn by attacking ground targets.)
jeffk
AG
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/the-road-ahead-for-battlefield-1-march-2017?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-road-ahead-blog-04062017-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=30951&ts=1492531340960

Nothing you haven't heard before - platoons, operations tweaks, etc.
Pilmer
AG
That article is dated April 6.
BradC34
AG
New phone who dis

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.