***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,753 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Favorite new weapon challenge: 20 kills with a shovel.

"Just keep digging. Just keep digging. Digging. Digging."
AggieLAX
AG
West Texan said:

The game mode Frontlines is a good idea, but takes forever. Game I just played lasted nearly an hour and a half with both sides just pushing back and forth constantly.
I wonder if that was the game I was in. Same thing. I actually had to go back to work so my dude is still lying on the ground somewhere waiting for a revive.
wee_ag
AG
They also added some gameplay updates...

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/game-improvements-in-latest-battlefield-1-update

I found this one most interesting
Quote:

Grenade Changes

As part of an ongoing effort to address excessive use of explosive gadgets and grenades, we changed the way grenades resupply for this release. The goal for these changes is to reduce the amount of grenades available while getting constantly resupplied, as it is common in choke points, without making resupplies unnecessarily long in other gameplay. Similar to some gadgets, all grenades slowly resupply when out of ammo. This resupply is greatly sped up when near an ammo crate.
Grenades resupply without an ammo crate? How is that suppose to "reduce the amount of grenades available"?
West Texan
AG
AggieLAX said:

West Texan said:

The game mode Frontlines is a good idea, but takes forever. Game I just played lasted nearly an hour and a half with both sides just pushing back and forth constantly.
I wonder if that was the game I was in. Same thing. I actually had to go back to work so my dude is still lying on the ground somewhere waiting for a revive.

Was it at Soissons?

The sad part was the team I was on was terrible. My squad kept getting in the tanks then just hanging out on the hill side and not actually going to try and capture/clear out flags. Ended up being completely worthless. I'm not very good and my k/d is always terrible, but at least I'll push objectives and try to help the team win.
West Texan
AG
wee_ag said:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/game-improvements-in-latest-battlefield-1-update

Quote:

Grenade Changes

As part of an ongoing effort to address excessive use of explosive gadgets and grenades, we changed the way grenades resupply for this release. The goal for these changes is to reduce the amount of grenades available while getting constantly resupplied, as it is common in choke points, without making resupplies unnecessarily long in other gameplay. Similar to some gadgets, all grenades slowly resupply when out of ammo. This resupply is greatly sped up when near an ammo crate.
Grenades resupply without an ammo crate? How is that suppose to "reduce the amount of grenades available"?

Maybe to prevent support players from spamming ammo resupplies and giving a never ending supply of grenades instantly?
AGinHI
AG
So what's the consensus on the dlc?
Pilmer
AG
wee_ag said:

Quote:

Grenade Changes

We would have lost the Operations last night at objective Apples with this new rule...lol.
Aggietaco
AG
Any way to remote start the DLC download? Need to get my fat ass on the trail today and would like to be gtg when I get home later.
Aggietaco
AG
Also:
Quote:

AA CANNONS:
Reduced impact damage to planes by 50% for fighters and attack planes and by 40% for bombers

WTF? So now the jackasses that spend the entire fuggin' match in the air will do it with closer to 0 deaths?
jeffk
AG
Double XP?!?!
wee_ag
AG
jeffk said:

Double XP?!?!
What are you talking about?
wee_ag
AG
West Texan said:

wee_ag said:

Quote:

Grenade Changes

Maybe to prevent support players from spamming ammo resupplies and giving a never ending supply of grenades instantly?
My grenades take forever to reload from a crate. Am I missing something?
AggieLAX
AG
West Texan said:

Was it at Soissons?
No, I was on Fort De Vaux.
West Texan
AG
wee_ag said:

West Texan said:

wee_ag said:

Quote:

Grenade Changes

My grenades take forever to reload from a crate. Am I missing something?

Idk I was just giving guess. Otherwise I don't see how it would make less grenades.
jeffk
AG
wee_ag said:

jeffk said:

Double XP?!?!
What are you talking about?

titanmaster_race
AggieLAX said:

West Texan said:

great idea, but this mode completely and utterly sucks in practice

we've been trading 1 flag back and forth with the French for 20 minutes
Pman17
AG
I might be on late tonight.
titanmaster_race
nearly an hour into the game......still going back and forth

frontlines ****ing sucks
West Texan
AG
The problem is that when one team wins an objective and has to capture the next flag, all the defending team has to do is fall back and dig in and they've already started to capture the flag. Easy to pick off the attackers as they advance, and since it's played so linearly, there's not much flanking that can be done effectively.
AGinHI
AG
A WW1 game mode where the battle rages forever and neither side gains any ground.

Can't wait to give it a try.
titanmaster_race
silver lining is you'll have plenty of time to get those "do x amount of _______ in a round" challenges
Pman17
AG
Pman17 said:

I might be on late tonight.

On second thought, tomorrow night I'll be on.
Aggietaco
AG
122:04

**** frontline.
AggieLAX
AG
That's ridiculous.
titanmaster_race
Aggietaco said:

**** frontline.

It's like DICE didn't test the new game mode at all
titanmaster_race
reddit is creaming itself over frontlines.....below is a non-sarcastic post representative of the overall disposition of the bf1 subreddit:

Quote:

Frontlines can go on and on for hours. And that's great! The fact that you can go back and forth with no end in sight is fun and honestly relaxing

wtf
Aggietaco
AG
I can see the appeal of a game mode that last, literally, for ****ing ever. At least for the **** bucket types. But I don't plan to play frontlines again unless I start a game before noon.
Pilmer
AG

SpaceLamb is a creepy support.
thewhiteegg
AG
Pilmer said:

SpaceLamb is a creepy support.
If you need ammo he'll... give it to you..
SpaceLamb
The SpaceLamb shall fill you with his ammo
titanmaster_race
the new medic rifle is phenomenal

love the reload action too
FIDO95
AG
The optical or the factory version. I've been thinking of working for one but I usually use the mondragon sniper. I can't decide if to go the sweeper or .35 factory route.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
I've unlocked both but only used the factory version. It was brutal getting it. I haaaaate the sweeper.
AGinHI
AG
Aggietaco said:

**** frontline.
Finally got around to playing frontline last night--the kids are on spring break--and I must be in the B League.

First match lasted 40 minutes and I entered that in the final 10. The next 4 matches I played, 2 were roughly 30 minutes and the other two were 7 and 4 minutes.

On second thought, maybe it's not the B League. Maybe some of us are permanently stamped "noob" and castaway to an island server of misfits.
Joe Cole
Anybody here working the National Order of Lafayette medal ? It's 25 kills with each class of French army and the last one is 25 kills with French tanker, the problem is that actual tank kills don't seem to count towards the medal, but if you get out and shoot someone with the tanker gun it does count, which is dumb

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.