***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,842 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still no email!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Check your junk/spam that's where mine was.

Will be jumping on about 8. SweetKittenFeet
jr15aggie
AG
Found out one thing... If you have ammo you can spam that crap all day and keep tossing nades. Ammo refills instantly and there is no delay in the ammo bags.
byfLuger41
AG
Played a couple rounds with jr15aggie - The Aggie & jeffk - Keester11 earlier.

Initial thoughts were is this Star Wars or BF1 lol

Still really enjoyed the game play, weapons and characters. I can definitely see myself playing BF1 a lot, but I'm World War I/II biased.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Check your junk/spam that's where mine was.

Will be jumping on about 8. SweetKittenFeet

I've been checking all that all day, and never got one. It ended up that it didn't matter anyway, because I was busy until 10:30. Still! Annoyed.
wee_ag
AG
SO MUCH LAAAAAAAAAAG
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Hasn't been l**** for me at all. Takes too long to load into a server but once in game is been good. Looks beautiful. Not sure I like the interface, too much like battlefront. Gameplay and mechanics have been fine though
jeffk
AG
Played for about an hour last night - very nice looking game for a beta. Gameplay is a lot like Battlefront initially, but I think the addition of weapon unlocks and more congested maps will make it feel more like Battlefield. Sinai is just a hugely open, sparse map.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
First time playing a battlefield game in more than a decade and holy smokes, I was way better at this in high school.

I know the genre has evolved from the 1942 days, but I'm not a fan of the weapon unlocks. I felt like I was missing some important equipment from some of the classes and was out-classed gear-wise by most of the other players.

It's also really weird being in a WW1 game where almost everyone is running around with fully automatic weapons.

The game did run fine and looked great, though.
Pman17
AG
TheVarian
AG
What the sheet
jr15aggie
AG
I laughed!!! But only because I've had the WTF Mate thoughts at those charging sounds too. And have you heard when you actually get killed by it... you sound like a stuck pig! Which, horribly, is probably what people sounded like back then getting bayoneted. It doesn't need to be that real Dice, Ugh!

On a gameplay note... the bayonet charge is a great way to move faster across an open field as opposed to a standard sprint. It will be a few seconds before you can sprint again after you stop, but it's helpful at times.
Madmarttigan
AG
Trying to stomach the iron sights, I dunno about this yet.

It is an interesting new feel at least to bash the crap out of someone with a mace.
wee_ag
AG
FYI there's a bug that limits class unlocks. Seems if you stay on a server for multiple games, only the first counts towards the unlocks. Solution: switch servers every game...

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/31/this-bug-is-probably-why-some-players-cant-unlock-new-weapons-in-battlefield-1-beta/

Oh, and bayoneting someone whilst charging is EXTREMELY gratifying.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
FYI there's a bug that limits class unlocks. Seems if you stay on a server for multiple games, only the first counts towards the unlocks. Solution: switch servers every game...

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/31/this-bug-is-probably-why-some-players-cant-unlock-new-weapons-in-battlefield-1-beta/

Oh, and bayoneting someone whilst charging is EXTREMELY gratifying.
This is a good bug to catch during the beta.

So, today the open beta starts, right? So how do I get the client?
Pilmer
AG
The vehicle animation is annoying, but will probably prove a better system to stop some asshat jumping in and out of tanks and mowing you down when you're attacking it.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Trying to stomach the iron sights, I dunno about this yet.

It is an interesting new feel at least to bash the crap out of someone with a mace.
I bought a gun for my assault class... it was basically the same gun as the default but turns out it has an old school glass sight on it. Sorta has a "red dot" feel to it.

So while you can't equip scopes n stuff, you can buy guns that have them.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I like the vehicle animation. Add a dimension of realism which I find enjoyable. That train is a beast though.
htownag10
AG
In

Gamertag KFLO88.
htownag10
AG
Definitely enjoying flying more now. I was using the Fighter plane class. Unlocked the rockets and I was going to town with those.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
ANybody else can't connect? Was home at lunch and was going to get a game in. Couldn't connect to ea.
herb96
AG
There is a bug where "Donde can't kill any enemies"
jr15aggie
AG
Kampfers
AG
I'm getting failures every time I try to matchmake. Used the server browser and almost every server was empty. Currently sitting in a queue for one that had people. 4th and not moving.

I assume this is a server load issue. Spin up more servers DICE! Rabble rabble.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight. Got the headset charging if anyone wants to join.
Agmaniacmike12
A bunch of people on a Battlefield group on Facebook were posting about DDOS attacks. I haven't vetted the validity of those claims but figured that was relevant to your query.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I'm getting failures every time I try to matchmake. Used the server browser and almost every server was empty. Currently sitting in a queue for one that had people. 4th and not moving.

I assume this is a server load issue. Spin up more servers DICE! Rabble rabble.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight. Got the headset charging if anyone wants to join.

Ditto. Been trouble shooting since 6:50.

Send me an invite if you get on.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
A bunch of people on a Battlefield group on Facebook were posting about DDOS attacks. I haven't vetted the validity of those claims but figured that was relevant to your query.

This is what it is. It's on Reddit, too. EA sucks, but this isn't their fault.
dcaggie04
AG
Welp, looks like I'm not going to get into any game tonight since it is fail time on every server.
byfLuger41
jeffk
AG
Who's launching the attack?
t_J_e_C_x
AG
"Poodlecorp" apparently launching DDOS attacks against EA. I can't play either game I'd play tonight before bed which is killing me. Star Wars: The Old Republic or the BETA.

Mother ****ers.
Pilmer
AG
CRM and I were the only two to get into a game in a party of four, for two minutes before game ended and kicked us back to load screen. Fun times.
Madmarttigan
AG
What exactly is the point of DDOS attacks from a hacker's perspective? Just the joy that they are trolling an infinite amount of nerds out of game time?

They seem to happen to almost every game quite frequently, large companies and small.
jr15aggie
AG
We need to start having very public and very severe punishments for hackers. Not that I'm personally all that mad about not playing BF1, but these guys effect millions and overall I'd like to kick a few of them in the ass.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
ONE north American server running now with 51 in queue. All other servers empty. This is dumb.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.