*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

158,558 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Alpha Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LPHA said:

Well that's oftle
This is gonna go super unappreciated but is one of my favorite posts ever
maroon barchetta
C@LAg said:

chase128 said:

Probably hard to be a bounty hunter if your ship doesn't have much cargo space, too. Where you gonna fit the slabs of frozen carbonite bodies? Kinda limits what you can do.
tow it behind you, like a space freighter does.

just get a trailer hitch and hang some rubber rancor balls from it.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Something else they talked about on the same podcast - The Midnight Boys on The Ringer Network - was a cool idea that both Mando AND Grogu could essentially choose their own path and establish some kind of new hybrid sect that pulls from both the Jedi and Mandalorian traditions. They brought up an interesting point in that both the Jedi and The Children of the Watch (Mando's extremist clan) are all about various forms of detachment. Yet we can already see, especially in this latest episode, that Mando is increasingly diverging from his clan's worldview/beliefs. And perhaps Grogu will do the same with Luke/the Jedi, if only because we know Mando and Grogu will see each other again, almost assuredly in season three, and that reunion could very well cause some sort rift between Grogu and Luke/the Jedi, since Grogu would be giving into attachment once more. Or, even better, maybe Luke recognizes that the old Jedi ways are flawed, and allows Grogu and Mando to be reunited/establish their own path/sect goin forward.

However it might happen, I just really like this idea of the Mando/Grogu bond - the most unlikely of pairings - ultimately acting as the catalyst for a new worldview/sect that mixes aspects of the Jedi and the Mandalorians, wherein attachment is embraced, there's no helmet-always-on nonsense, etc. In screenwriting, the traditional hero's journey always starts out in anti-thesis (in this case, attachment is bad, helmet is always on, Mando's lone bounty hunter mentality, etc), moves into the thesis (leaves the ideas of the anti-thesis behind, begins to embrace attachment, takes his helmet off every so often, is no longer quite the same loner, etc), and then, in act three, realizes synthesis, wherein the hero forges a completely new path, one that takes what good there was in the thesis and melds it with what he's learned in the anti-thesis to form a new way of being. And this particular idea would fit that hero's journey to a tee.
anything to get Grogu away from Luke's jedi boot camp before Ben shows up
redline248
AG
I'm just gonna reply to this one post, but include thoughts from a few different ones.

The idea of a mixed Jedi/Mandalorian individual actually (sort of) happened in the Republic Commando books written by Karen Traviss. Female Jedi falls in love with a clone commando and has a baby, mom leaves the order and baby is raised as a force sensitive Mandalorian. Although, I think he was raised to resent the Jedi, if not downright hate them. In fact, most of her books dealt with Jedi longing for the ways of the Mandalorian - before Lucas scrapped it and turned them into Pacifists in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Regarding Ben, I personally think Luke would have not cared about the attachment thing. I'm trying to remember if anyone ever told him "no attachments" in the Original Trilogy. Obviously, he believed and was proven right that love would save Anakin. I also don't think he would care about the "too old" to start training. However, I think he wanted to train Ben earlier, but Leia made him wait - I'm not 100% on that, though.
JCRiley09
AG
Who knows how into the dogma he got since he had those ancient books
redline248
AG
Yeah, there is no way to know for sure, it's just my opinion. My opinion is also that Luke wouldn't have ever considered killing someone in their sleep, but look how that turned out.
jackie childs
JCRiley09 said:

Who knows how into the dogma he got since he had those ancient books
did he even actually read them? i thought yoda implied he didn't
Alpha Texan
AG
redline248 said:

Regarding Ben, I personally think Luke would have not cared about the attachment thing. I'm trying to remember if anyone ever told him "no attachments" in the Original Trilogy. Obviously, he believed and was proven right that love would save Anakin. I also don't think he would care about the "too old" to start training. However, I think he wanted to train Ben earlier, but Leia made him wait - I'm not 100% on that, though.
There were a lot of issues with what the Jedi were doing in the prequels, and it contributes to the "Jedi tradition of failure" that Luke alludes to in episode 8.

I don't think Luke is opposed to attachment. His love for his friends and sister made him a better soldier, and even though for a brief moment Vader enduces rage in Luke by mentioning Leia, Luke is able to contain himself and not be overcome with emotion. I expect Luke to teach "mastering emotions" and not "No attachment, no emotions."

I think a big reason why the jedi order wanted their younglings taken to be trained at such a young age was so they would leave their families before becoming too attached. Since I doubt Luke fears attachment, I doubt he worries about age.
redline248
AG
Yes, all that
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Is there any info/books/canon on the Jedi-Mandolorian that made the Dark Saber? Had he been mentioned in Rebels or the Clone Wars?
redline248
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Is there any info/books/canon on the Jedi-Mandolorian that made the Dark Saber? Had he been mentioned in Rebels or the Clone Wars?
Yes, both Clone Wars and Rebels. I don't know about comics or anything.
The Collective
AG
The Porkchop Express
Other things I've thought about since the last time.

Mando: "Loyalty and solidarity are the way."
5 minutes later
Mando: "I took my helmet off."
Armorer: GTFO

Now that he's not part of the Watch, would Mando try to get Grogu back from Luke? Or is he content to let him stay a Jedi? He clearly misses him, and the only reason he found the Jedi in the first place was because the Armorer told him too. Because they're going to have to do something with Grogu or the only possible future he has is getting murdered by Ben Solo. Even sacrificing himself for some higher purpose seems like an unlikely visual for Disney to show.

Even if the technology wasn't a big cost, I can't imagine a Skywalker sighting in BOBF. You don't want Luke Ex Machina saving the day on every series. Well, I do, but the show probably doesn't. Plus Luke's motivation would "Hey, the crime lord who came two crime lords after the crime lord you helped kill wants your help defending his empire from another crime family."

All we've seen of the Pykes so far are troops on the ground (and on a train), a small building for their base, and some transport ships. Why doesn't Fett just take REDACTED SHIP NAME and fire bomb their assets? I really hope Boba has bigger plans then him, Fennec, Mando, Pig A and Pig B, and the Bay City Rollers vs the Pyke Syndicate in a "war".
The Porkchop Express
I Have Spoken said:

https://www.starwars.com/news/what-is-the-darksaber
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-playlist-a-guide-to-the-legendary-darksaber
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

5 minutes later

In her mind, him taking of his helmet was not showing loyalty or solidarity. She didn't betray him, he betrayed her.
The Porkchop Express
Arrakis ecologist said:

helloimustbegoing said:

5 minutes later

In her mind, him taking of his helmet was not showing loyalty or solidarity. She didn't betray him, he betrayed her.
I was attempting to make a ha-ha.
wangus12
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

helloimustbegoing said:

5 minutes later

I think she becomes an antagonist at some point. She definitely seems to be some previous member of Deathwatch/Darth Maul supporter.
The Collective
AG
I could see him aligning with the Bo-Katan side eventually, but they are going to have to work out the darksaber issue. It is clear he thought all Mandos followed this ridiculous set of values and traditions, kind of like a radical fundamentalist sect of a religion.
Saxsoon
AG
wangus12 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

helloimustbegoing said:

5 minutes later

I think she becomes an antagonist at some point. She definitely seems to be some previous member of Deathwatch/Darth Maul supporter.
I could see that absolutely
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Saxsoon said:

wangus12 said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

helloimustbegoing said:

5 minutes later

I could see that absolutely
Maybe that is the tie in to Qi'ra, the Darth Maul supporters went to her.
redline248
AG
I wonder if the former Maul supporters know that he basically left their leader for dead. Not to mention that previously he got his ass kicked by Sidious and lost the Dark Saber. Might not be much reason left for them to seek his help, or help from his associates.

Also, it looks like it's just the armorer and the lone Vizsla. Probably a few others scattered around, but nothing to pose a serious threat if, say, Mando, Bo Kataan and Sabine decide to unite.
jackie childs
have you guys noticed the irony of boba fett not really being mentioned the last few pages of his own thread?
DannyDuberstein
AG
jackie childs said:

have you guys noticed the irony of boba fett not really being mentioned the last few pages of his own thread?

Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where????
maroon barchetta
texsn95
AG
Without reading 100s of post, is this worth watching or not?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Well if you care about Mandalorian. You at least better watch the last episode and those going forward.
91_Aggie
AG
texsn95 said:

Without reading 100s of post, is this worth watching or not?

Yeah if only for this Mandalorian episode.
But I really dislike Sedaris and her character. Too slapstick/burlesque show era comedy.
AliasMan02
AG

texsn95
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Well if you care about Mandalorian. You at least better watch the last episode and those going forward.
Yes thanks, huge Mandalorian fan here.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Another history question.

Has there been a ringworld mentioned in Star Wars before this?
Alpha Texan
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

Another history question.

Has there been a ringworld mentioned in Star Wars before this?
Not that I know of.

But I could be wrong. It wouldn't be impossible for my archive to be incomplete.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.

LB12Diamond
AG
I thought this was funny. What do you want me to forge this gigantic spear into. Leaves with something that can fit in a small tiny sack. Lots of wasted material right there.
DTP02
AG
LB41Diamond said:

I thought this was funny. What do you want me to forge this gigantic spear into. Leaves with something that can fit in a small tiny sack. Lots of wasted material right there.

I figured it was "just the tip", the spearhead, that was the fancy metal. But it still seems like the bundle was a little small even for that.
Alpha Texan
AG
LB41Diamond said:

I'm sure the armorer takes a portion as payment. And Mando won't need much to forge a hobbit/grogu-sized shirt of beskar chainmail that we will soon see is known as "mithril" in the Lord of the Rings universe. It will be neat to have these 2 universes connected in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie.

In reality he probably just had a ball made, like the one Grogu would take on his ship, maybe with the Mudhorn sign on it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.