*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

157,690 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DTP02 said:

LB41Diamond said:

I thought this was funny. What do you want me to forge this gigantic spear into. Leaves with something that can fit in a small tiny sack. Lots of wasted material right there.

I figured it was "just the tip", the spearhead, that was the fancy metal. But it still seems like the bundle was a little small even for that.

Pretty sure entire thing was vescar or however it is spelled. Bc the entire spear could block a light saber.

Another funny thing for for me. Did Fenic actually have some personality and smile when she started talking to Mando. Where did that come from?
powerbelly
AG
LB41Diamond said:

DTP02 said:

LB41Diamond said:

I thought this was funny. What do you want me to forge this gigantic spear into. Leaves with something that can fit in a small tiny sack. Lots of wasted material right there.

I figured it was "just the tip", the spearhead, that was the fancy metal. But it still seems like the bundle was a little small even for that.

Pretty sure entire thing was vescar or however it is spelled. Bc the entire spear could block a light saber.

Another funny thing for for me. Did Fenic actually have some personality and smile when she started talking to Mando. Where did that come from?
Beskar
AliasMan02
AG
Bryce Dallas Howard's direction
Maveric
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Southlake said:

Hey, anybody here actually work?

Ever had to kill time in a Zoom waiting for your turn while people go on tangents or want to hear themselves talk?
That's me right now.
PatAg
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Arrakis ecologist said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Other things I've thought about since the last time.

Mando: "Loyalty and solidarity are the way."
5 minutes later
Mando: "I took my helmet off."
Armorer: GTFO

In her mind, him taking of his helmet was not showing loyalty or solidarity. She didn't betray him, he betrayed her.
I was attempting to make a ha-ha.
and you have failed, you must leave the culvert
jackie childs
LB41Diamond said:

DTP02 said:

LB41Diamond said:

she was happy to finally see someone in mandalorian armor who knows how to whip ass
CondensedFogAggie
jackie childs said:

have you guys noticed the irony of boba fett not really being mentioned the last few pages of his own thread?

Who's boba fett?
Alpha Texan
AG
You got me to ha-ha
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02 said:

This is really good.
CC09LawAg
I was reading an article discussing the most recent episode and it dawned on me - I am not even sure I know what this show is about after 5 episodes.

The best I can come up with is Boba wants to be in charge of the criminal elements on Tatooine...for reasons?

I think this is why I was upset about them sticking a Mando episode into this thing - the episode itself was awesome - but you're only giving us 7 episodes. With 2 left, I just feel like the story hasn't really gone anywhere.

I am hoping they knock it out of the park for the last two episodes and make me eat my words - we shall see!
tk for tu juan
CC09LawAg said:

I was reading an article discussing the most recent episode and it dawned on me - I am not even sure I know what this show is about after 5 episodes.

The best I can come up with is Boba wants to be in charge of the criminal elements on Tatooine...for reasons?
It is about a power vacuum that exists when a government/empire collapses and a local crime lord dies in the same time frame. We are focused on an antihero in the middle of a life crisis about his lot in life and looking for career change. His preparation meets an opportunity to control a region on a desolate plant, and now he is finding out the responsibility is greater than anticipated.
The Porkchop Express
So, uh, those of you who know me well enough, know that a few years back I had a bad thing happen to my leg that resulted in a super cool thing happening that involves Star Wars and that has occasionally gotten me some cool insight into little things. So the guy that works at the place that does the thing says that his best friend's brother's girlfriend's sister who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night also saw some production art of the last 1 or 2 episodes of BOBF before it was filmed and relays that the following two spoilered individuals are supposedly going to show up at the war of tatooine.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS INCOMING

Bossk

Cad Bane
TCTTS
AG
I had to look up the second one, but now *really* want to see what he looks like depicted in live action. Could be pretty cool. I also love the phrasing/conceit of "the war for Tatooine." If they would have honed in on that idea more from the jump, and filtered everything through that lens a little better, it would have gone a long way to focus the series/Boba Fett's plight.

Regardless, thanks for the insider info.
The Porkchop Express
Watching Revenge of the Sith on TNT, now really weird seeing Boba fetts face on all these clones.
The Porkchop Express
Also, Star Wars news net says filoni wrote episode 6
powerbelly
AG
The second may be the best character from the clone wars series.
wangus12
AG
Yep.
TCTTS
AliasMan02
AG
powerbelly said:

I didn't look at the spoiler text but know who it is based on this comment alone.
C@LAg
AliasMan02 said:

powerbelly said:

I didn't look at the spoiler text but know who it is based on this comment alone.
the frog general who leads the droids?
JCRiley09
AG
Jar Jar.

Always Jar Jar.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
It would be pretty sweet if Grogu was a setup for a 600 years ABY storyline for New Movies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jbanda
AG
I don't usually post here, but GD chapter 5 was amazing. Maybe it seems that way because the previous 4 was were ho hum at best. Hot rodded out Naboo ship? X-wing pilots essentially state troopers? Give me that all day.

F JJ Abrams. F Rian Johnson. Hindsight being 20/20, they should have just handed the keys to Favreau for the sequel trilogy. I trust him to stitch together a coherent storyline.
Southlake
DTP02 said:

LB41Diamond said:

Well to be accurate, she did just stick the tip in…
Ol Jock 99
AG
Don't know if it was mentioned, but the new little droid is a shout out to the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order video game from a few years back.
jokershady
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Don't know if it was mentioned, but the new little droid is a shout out to the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order video game from a few years back.
when I saw the BD droid I let out an audible gasp because for a brief moment I thought it was the same droid
An L of an Ag
AG
jbanda said:

I don't usually post here, but GD chapter 5 was amazing. Maybe it seems that way because the previous 4 was were ho hum at best. Hot rodded out Naboo ship? X-wing pilots essentially state troopers? Give me that all day.

F JJ Abrams. F Rian Johnson. Hindsight being 20/20, they should have just handed the keys to Favreau for the sequel trilogy. I trust him to stitch together a coherent storyline.

Yep. Favreau/Filoni should have been in charge of the sequels.
ChipFTAC01
AG
An L of an Ag said:

jbanda said:

Yep. Favreau/Filoni should have been in charge of the sequels.

Blows my mind how Gutter from PCU has become one of the most important players in Hollywood
The Porkchop Express
But Favreau was working on the Jungle Book at the time that TFA was really gearing up, so he couldn't have been doing the sequels. Moreover, if it hadn't been for him doing the Jungle Book, the Volume would never have been created, and the way that Mando and now BOBF are being filmed wouldn't have been possible.
AgfromHOU
AG
Just caught up. The Mando episode was really good. I really need that show to come back on.

Also felt that the high speed chase in episode 4 had a ton of droid callbacks from throughout the Star Wars saga.
PatAg
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

But Favreau was working on the Jungle Book at the time that TFA was really gearing up, so he couldn't have been doing the sequels. Moreover, if it hadn't been for him doing the Jungle Book, the Volume would never have been created, and the way that Mando and now BOBF are being filmed wouldn't have been possible.
and while Filoni was developing his cred, he definitely didnt have enough yet to be given those movies.
chase128
AG
I wish they'd scrap the sequels and let F&F do them over
jeffk
AG
Watched Episode I last night with the kids. They thought it was hilarious. I just couldn't get away from noticing how bad all the CGI looked. Every scene with droids and Jar Jar is just strikingly cartoonish and dated. Amazing how far we've come in that area in the past decade or two.
JCRiley09
AG
Maybe Finn his crew can ride vespas across a star destroyer instead of horses.

These guys are good, but they aren't gods.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.