*** The Book of Boba Fett *** (Discussion Thread) Wed Dec 29 - Feb 9

157,716 Views | 1966 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As you can see, all our flanks are covered... nobody is sneaking up on us
Cromagnum
AG
So bets on Cad Bane returning? His suit was still blinking and beeping when he was laying there "dead"? Life support system? Beacon to call his Droid to come help him?
AliasMan02
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Setting up a retcon of the ST with Thrawn is cool, but the issue with me is how do the writers explain Luke staying out of it realistically? I think we have seen limitations with current technology, and although the ending of S2 Mando was one of the coolest things SW has done since Empire, the good grace of the fan base will erode if he's central to the plot with how wooden he looks. And if you don't have him in the story, then people will want to know why.

I just feel like there is so much more you could play with in the universe than the same 60 years. There are literal millenia to play with. The rise and fall of the first Sith empire, the creation of the Republic, The first Mandalorian Jedi would all be relatively new concepts that could shake the rust off the series. Especially with the rise and fall of the Sith Empire. If you could establish a punisher-type anti-hero who uses the dark side, but is likeable, that would be a fresh spin on the force that would be fascinating to watch.

Basically what I'm saying is that I want a Jedi version of Batman or Daredevil.

If Luke is going to be central to any future stories, they have to recast him. Luke is bigger than Mark and nobody should have any problem with this.

And writing Luke out and explaining why he's not there is what led to the vast majority of complaints against the ST, so I don't know that it would be a good thing to repeat.
bearamedic99
AG
I agree that Luke is bigger than Mark but that will be a tough pill to swallow for a huge portion of the fandom, IMO
Madmarttigan
AG
Unless he is a terrible actor I really don't think anyone will care that much. Especially if it were to mean we got a new storyline that does him justice.

Everyone realizes Mark is older now…
degreedy
AG
the moped power ranger gang ruined the show for me. just straight ruined it.

the only potential saving grace was Grogu jumping to Mando and later tapping glass with controller knob.

whoever came up with the moped power rangers needs to be fired immediately.
Malachi Constant
AG
NPH- said:

moped power rangers
From now on, this is the name for those people.
The Dirty Sock
Sex Panther said:

And they had at most a dozen "troops" and somehow a couple hundred sons of the harpy and two shield droids coast right in. Agent may should have been fired at that point.
bobinator
AG
This is Star Wars, the next character to really and truly die will be the first one except for the poor *******s who stole the Death Star plans.
Southlake
My daughter and I love every second of this stuff and I'm actually so grateful for the whole SW saga. I just can't complain because I don't want to diminish what is put forth. Sure some parts are better than others, I mean who can stand the Vespa Gang?

However, did anybody else notice a little spark between Fennec Shand and the Joan Jett Vespa girl when Shand saved them? A Thank You and "Nice Manners" with a twinkle in Shands eye?

I've loved every second to Mando and Fett. Can't wait for more!

It is the way…
Madmarttigan
AG
Fennec was kind of weird in this show. She was largely non-threatening and provided useless strategy the entire show but in the last 30 seconds she completely destroys a room full of people in an awesome manner like we would expect her to.
jackie childs
Malachi Constant said:

NPH- said:

moped power rangers
so yeah, they're terrible and have been since introduced.

for a brief minute though in the finale, i thought they might turn bad. it was when they suggested Boba hole up in a blown up bar instead of a fortified palace. that was such a dumb idea, it seemed like they were setting them up for the Pykes.

that would have been awesome because then we could have had the joyful payoff of Fennec or Boba killing them and letting the Rancor eat a vespa
jackie childs
also, i really think they missed an opportunity with Luke, Mando and Grogu.

We have that scene with Boba and Mando where Mando basically says he's going to stay there and fight with Boba and they'll both die with honor because "this is the way". Boba calls it "bantha fodder".

Imagine if Luke had delivered Grogu to Mando before the fight. Luke explains that Grogu rejected the strict rules of the Jedi because of his attachment to Mando. In the fight, does Mando still cite "the way" if he knows Grogu will be alone if he dies? Seems like Boba would have supported/encouraged Mando to reject "the way".

I think that would have set up Mando season 3 nicely to see them both reject the harsh strictness of their respective cultures in order to be together.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Malachi Constant said:

NPH- said:

moped power rangers

Nope, Mos Espa Vespas.
Aggie87
AG
Jolly Ranchers.
twilly
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Sex Panther said:

And they had at most a dozen "troops" and somehow a couple hundred sons of the harpy and two shield droids coast right in. Agent may should have been fired at that point.
So nobody thought about using droids to help with surveillance? Really?
bobinator
AG
Exploring the strict adherence to their respective obsolete ways of life sounds like a great subthread for The Mandalorian. It more or less already is the backdrop theme of The Mandalorian.

But that goes back to why they shoved a few episodes of The Mandalorian into The Book of Boba Fett.

If you really just think about what happens in the Book of Boba Fett that only relates to Boba Fett, this is, I think, an objectively bad show in almost every way.
WestAustinAg
AG
I actually liked the season generally. Loved ep 6 and 7. I usually agree with this audience about the 8 & 9 movies that were a travesty to the franchise on a level never seen before...but lowered my expectations for Mando and Boba. They met and sometimes exceeded my expectations.

I watched 6 & 7th with my 9 y.o. daughter. We had watched 8 of the 11 SW movies over the last few years together as well as the bad batch and she loved these last 2 episodes so much. She didn't need to see earlier Boba to make sense of it all. Her enjoyment added to mine.
BMX Bandit
great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

Luke is bigger than Mark and nobody should have any problem with this.
not sure if serious
redline248
AG
BMX Bandit said:

great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

not sure if serious
why should anyone have a problem recasting Luke?
powerbelly
AG
BMX Bandit said:

great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

not sure if serious
They already recast a much better character who was played by a better actor. Luke should not be untouchable.
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

BMX Bandit said:

great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

not sure if serious
why should anyone have a problem recasting Luke?
I've got a massive problem with it. I'm OK with what they're doing now in limited doses, but I can't suspend belief to think someone else is Luke Skywalker.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly said:

BMX Bandit said:

great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

not sure if serious
They already recast a much better character who was played by a better actor. Luke should not be untouchable.

The difference is Harrison Ford has had a pretty big career and is equally known for other characters.

For most people, Mark Hamill IS Luke Skywalker.

Plus a lot of people weren't too keen on Alden as Solo anyway.
chase128
AG
So how would you feel if they recast Luke as a POC?
jokershady
AG
We thought God broke the mold when Mark Hamill was born…….then Sebastian Stan grew up
The Porkchop Express
chase128 said:

So how would you feel if they recast Luke as a POC?
Pirates of the Caribbean?
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

powerbelly said:

BMX Bandit said:

great last 2 episodes.

Quote:

not sure if serious

The difference is Harrison Ford has had a pretty big career and is equally known for other characters.

For most people, Mark Hamill IS Luke Skywalker.

Plus a lot of people weren't too keen on Alden as Solo anyway.
They should have done the Samuel L Jackson move from Captain Marvel and just had Harrison Ford play his younger self.
Apache
AG
Quote:

So bets on Cad Bane returning? His suit was still blinking and beeping when he was laying there "dead"? Life support system? Beacon to call his Droid to come help him?

100% he's coming back. Too good of a character not to.

Someone else I hope that comes back: The Vespa Dorks....

... with the caveat that the screenwriters do the same thing that the LOST screenwriters did when the fans had a horrible reaction to "Nikki and Pablo" characters.

Kill them. Kill them all in horrible, violent, hilarious fashion.

Not all at once though, just drag it out one every other episode next season. THAT would make the pain of having to watch those penny loafing Hooligans on space Vespa's almost worth it.
And while you're at it, have Kryysantan stick a womp rat in the tail pipe of one of those Vespas so it doesn't start. THAT would be epic.
maroon barchetta
bobinator said:

This is Star Wars, the next character to really and truly die will be the first one except for the poor *******s who stole the Death Star plans.

Bothans is filtered?
ArmyAg2002
AG
Please never let Robert Rodriguez near Star Wars again.
Scriffer
AG
I got way behind with work and watching Yellowstone, so I'll catch up on 900 missed posts for the final two episodes.

This was the worst series I've ever watched. I'm sure I don't have anything to add that hasn't been said, but holy crap, the only redeeming parts has nothing to do with the plot.

A plot with its exposition only provided by Fennec reading from cue cards.

And you mean to tell me after we suffered through that monumental travesty of half-assed effects, gaping plot holes, and unwatchable dialog, he's like, "nah, I don't want the job".

F. That. Noise. And the absurd Renfest music playing while they walked at the end.

The Cuban scooter bike rider guy's unnecessary and comically slow spin move in the last fight has to be on purpose right? I mean, this has to be a test to see if people will really call out the emperor for having no clothes.

tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan
Madmarttigan
AG
Marvel tends to understand the fine balance between made for kids and still keeping things interesting with a little darkness and still making fun content.

Unfortunately Star Wars for whatever reason thinks that means to make completely cheesy and useless characters.
jbanda
AG
bobinator said:

And wouldn't ya know it, that movie is 2nd only to Empire in my opinion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.